Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

When I have bought something, it's been something I know won't be in, or for a very limited time, often on sale and using MS points so I've still not spent anything. 

I think I had to spend some real money to make up the difference on Mass Effect and that's about it. 

50 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I haven't played it, but I think it reduces the difficulty level by 2% each death (to a max of 90%) rather than being what you might traditionally call a god mode. So you still have to die a lot to get the easiest setting. 

The max reduction is 80% but yes 2% per fail before reaching that.

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Started Titanfall 2 again. Great game, but it’d be so much better if you didn’t have to control a Titan every so often. 

Titanfall 3 - No Titans would automatically be a 10/10. 

reminds me of half life 2 in places, factories, dog , throwing stuff back at titans. It is a perfect game imo. 

2 hours ago, Quest said:

I’ve been meaning to play Pillars of Eternity II for ages but assumed I’d need to play the first. Is that not the case?

Nah. Apart from 2 being umpteen times better, the *very* few things you need to know from 1 are set up in the intro movie. It's the start of brand new story.

2 hours ago, Quest said:

Is the text tiny for sitting away from TV?

I had no issues but I sit fairly close. Don't know for sure 

2 hours ago, Quest said:

Is there a ‘fuck this combat, just gimme the story’ option I can switch to when I get sick of fighting?

Yep!

2 hours ago, Quest said:

What time is love?

Anytime you want:wub:

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I haven't played it, but I think it reduces the difficulty level by 2% each death (to a max of 90%) rather than being what you might traditionally call a god mode. So you still have to die a lot to get the easiest setting. 

Yeah, I read the link. An actual god mode would be boring, this is just a nice way of implementing an easier levelling up system.

2 hours ago, 5R7 said:

both, it sort of links your ea account to the ultimate account. And EA desktop is worse than origin at the mo...well it was a month or so ago when i last used it

Thanks. Then I'll get access to Titanfall 2 etc., correct?

1 hour ago, 5R7 said:

Yeah, that's on there! Great game too!

I just connected GP and EA and tried to install Titanfall 2... however, I'm asked to buy an EA pass and provide credit card details?!

11 minutes ago, alex3d said:

I just connected GP and EA and tried to install Titanfall 2... however, I'm asked to buy an EA pass and provide credit card details?!

huh? you do have game pass ultimate right?

hang on.... ive just looked on the pc xbox app, and its now not showing, despite it showing on the gamepass app for phone when i checked on my phone this morning...

edit the 3rd... shows up in the ea desktop app...

image.png.20b94e288c77321beb85865b4fb3ef1b.png

17 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

huh? you do have game pass ultimate right?

hang on.... ive just looked on the pc xbox app, and its now not showing, despite it showing on the gamepass app for phone when i checked on my phone this morning...

edit the 3rd... shows up in the ea desktop app...

image.png.20b94e288c77321beb85865b4fb3ef1b.png

I looked it up on Reddit and had to uninstall EA app and let GP do the installation. Now it works ;)

8 hours ago, alex3d said:

Will I enjoy Wasteland 3 without having played 1 and 2?

I very much did. The only small issue I had was that it kinda ruined my experience of playing the earlier games afterward, as the QoL improvements in 3 made me miss them in 1 and 2, to the extent that I didn't spend much time on them.

3 is great though. One of the very small number of games I've completed over the years. I need to redownload it sometime soon too, for a replay and to give the new content a go.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Only if you don't currently have a subscription mind.

57 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Not if you’re using a VPN.

Yeah but it's a complete ball ache to do PS5.

19 minutes ago, MattKB said:

Ah ok makes sense, so you can’t use them to top up. 

You can, but at a reduced rate. For example 3 months of Live will convert to 50 days of GPU if you have a current sub. (Even though it will tell you it is only going to convert to a month).

14 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

You can, but at a reduced rate. For example 3 months of Live will convert to 50 days of GPU if you have a current sub. (Even though it will tell you it is only going to convert to a month).

Oh perfect, tempted to try the 12 months and see what it converts to. If it’s roughly half then that’s a year for £50, pound a week I’ll take. 

At least MS has done the same thing as Forza 6, and have dropped the Forza 7 and all the DLC to impulse buy territory.

I've pulled the trigger just to have a Forza to occasionally play on PC - Forza 6 was before Microsoft pledged every first-party game to be cross-buy on both PC and XBox, so I've only got the console version, from memory.

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST