Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, Hitcher said:

If like me you're constantly extending your 3 years GPU sub here's another great deal.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – 3 Month Subscription £14.85 using code (via Turkey VPN - New and Existing Subs) @ Eneba / Jetpak

Just added 6 months to mine for £29 so it runs until Sept 2024.

Worked amazingly painlessly for me too. My VPN even decided it was fine with going to Turkey, which it normally isn't.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but - I've got a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, should I be able to access Cloud Gaming in the Windows Xbox App yet?

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09/14/new-updates-to-xbox-app-on-windows-10/

So today, we’re opening up new possibilities for you to remotely play console games on your Windows 10 PCs (or later) with updates to the Xbox app, including support for:

Playing Xbox Game Pass games from the cloud  

Playing games directly from your console with Xbox remote play

With these new updates, you now can play some of your favorite console titles on a wide range of PCs, even those that don’t have the specs required for certain PC titles. Streaming games through the Xbox app provides the quickest way to play without having to install games on your PC, giving you more time to dive right into Psychonauts 2, Hades, or whatever else you are playing.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members in 22 countries can now play Game Pass games directly from the cloud in the Xbox app on Windows 10 PCs.

To access games from the cloud on your Windows 10 PC, all you need is an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership and a compatible controller. Open the Xbox App, click the “cloud gaming” button, and select from hundreds of games in your Game Pass library, 

It sounds like I should, but there's no Cloud Gaming button in my app.

6 minutes ago, PK said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but - I've got a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, should I be able to access Cloud Gaming in the Windows Xbox App yet?

Sounds like it, you just need to download the necessary Xbox app apparently.

I'm more interested In the streaming locally from console, really missed that feature so glad it's back.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Good tidings, friends!

I was going to buy Sable. Game Pass truly is the gift I paid for but keeps on giving.

Game Pass is adding days to the calendar as well as games, hmm?

Finally finished Genesis Noir (which wasn't bad, some strange metaphor for the big bang or something) and straight into The Artful Escape. Two very visually striking games at opposite ends of the spectrum.

8 hours ago, PK said:

It sounds like I should, but there's no Cloud Gaming button in my app.

6 hours ago, AK Bell said:

I can see Cloud gaming in the PC app now, but nothing about streaming from my own Xbox. 

If you have the latest update for the Xbox app it's in the middle of the screen next to 'All PC games'.  Its pretty much nothing more than a hot link to the web app though - performance seems identical to me (pretty damned good over ethernet but still clearly streaming).

The remote play option is in the top tool bar next to the bell for alerts (an icon of an Xbox with arrows above and below it).  Not working terribly well for me.  I managed to connect to my old Xbone but very laggy - refused to connect to my Series S at all (did the spaceship loading screen and then  black screen before throwing up an error message).

Work in progress I reckon

Frame rate discussion has been split into a new thread. I suspect there's another thread kicking around with that kind of thing in it, but it's probably old and I'd rather have a new thread than dig up the corpse of a long dead thread. Anyway, if you want to continue that discussion, fill your boots.

Looking forward to Phoenix Point, Julian Gollop is always good, had no idea it was even getting an Xbox conversion. 

Also have Aragami 2 downloaded and waiting. 

Didn’t know Subnautica Below Zero was arriving so soon after release either, just so many games. 

Yep, very much looking forward to Aragami 2, and I liked what I played of Phoenix Point at release, despite it being a bit buggy at that point, and am definitely going to give it another go now that it's a bit more mature and accessible to me while sat on a couch! Well, once I've finished Psychonauts 2, at least. And finished a campaign of Humankind. And played The Artful Escape.* Oh, the calamity of having too many games to play.

*and, on other systems, finished the new-old Ace Attorney games

1 minute ago, Byronscrote said:

Think I've asked the question a bit wrong.  

I'm thinking of buying a series s and then buying 36 months of gold.  Can I then upgrade it to ultimate for £1?

No, it’ll be £10.99 for the upgrade now, unless it’s a fresh gamertag. Have a read through the first post of this topic, all the info should be there for you.

1 minute ago, Byronscrote said:

Thanks both.  Slightly nervous buying 3 years worth if it doesn't work, but hey ho. 

Make sure your sub has lapsed before adding the 3 years and it'll work fine. I did it about 3 weeks ago; just banged on the 3 subs and upgraded from the dashboard for £10.99

20 hours ago, AK Bell said:

I can see Cloud gaming in the PC app now, but nothing about streaming from my own Xbox. 

I use a separate app for connecting/streaming from your own actual Xbox, Xbox Companion app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-console-companion/9wzdncrfjbd8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It can take a couple of attempts to connect, I found I needed to enter the IP address of the console manually (you can find this buried in the network settings on the console) and occasionally the first time you hit the "Stream" button it fails, but always connects the second time you click it.

I also found I had to make sure my profile was loaded when the Xbox is switched on (by default it goes to my Son's profile, and then the companion app won't connect as I'm logged into the app with my own xbox profile)

Once connected it's been pretty much perfect for me. Worth the initial setup hassle for the flexibility of streaming to my laptop or PC upstairs.

18 minutes ago, alex3d said:

For how long is MS expected to keep this Gold-to-GPU "trick" up? My sub lapses in 2022. Would be willing to create a new acc. if there is some imminent threat.

In theory till they run out of the year generated codes as they've discontinued them, which is a bit of a WTF in and of itself because if that's the case and hey stopped generating codes for them surely places like CD Keys and Eneba should have run out months ago?

16 minutes ago, alex3d said:

For how long is MS expected to keep this Gold-to-GPU "trick" up? My sub lapses in 2022. Would be willing to create a new acc. if there is some imminent threat.

Would almost be a relief if they did stop. Imagine never again having to read a post asking how to do it.

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST