IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Sniper Elite 4’s a bit bloody good innit? I didn’t think it would be my kind of game (I don’t much like shooters and especially dislike “realistic” war simulators) but it turns out that it’s very much my kind of game. Between this and Horizon Zero Dawn I now realise that my idea of gaming heaven is hiding quietly in some undergrowth patiently waiting to shoot a distant Nazi/robot through the head/fuel canister.

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

Sniper Elite 4’s a bit bloody good innit? I didn’t think it would be my kind of game (I don’t much like shooters and especially dislike “realistic” war simulators) but it turns out that it’s very much my kind of game. Between this and Horizon Zero Dawn I now realise that my idea of gaming heaven is hiding quietly in some undergrowth patiently waiting to shoot a distant Nazi/robot through the head/fuel canister.

Great game. It's closer to Hitman in a lot ways than a serious war game and all the better for it.

Rebellion are a really underrated studio.

18 minutes ago, Darren said:

When you've finished the story, go back to the earlier levels and see how much more powerful you are! I managed to snipe the main target on the first level from literally the other side of the map :lol:

Insanely good fun 

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Great fun in Co-op too, always entertaining when one of you gib your position away. 

2 hours ago, Darren said:

I really enjoyed it for a while. Like you, it's not normally my thing but I had a blast with it. I found it fell off a cliff for me after a couple of levels, though. Just a bit samey. 

I didn’t play PT, but I didn’t find stuff like Amnesia, Soma or Outlast scary, either. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy them, I just don’t get scared by games or movies. I mean properly scared, not talking jump scares cus they are momentary and almost involuntary. 

I dunno. Something like Resident Evil is atmospheric. This is just a dark house. A lot of the “scares” you can see coming a mile away. 

Spoiler

The bit where you first see Lucy, I ran at her only to hit an invisible wall because the game didn’t want me getting near her yet. 

When you go upstairs and her door is ajar and her light on you just know she’s going to be there and what do you know, there she is. 

I also found the sanity mechanic a little too punitive. In the dark for more than a few seconds and the dude starts freaking out. 

I would suggest if you do struggle with it and it’s too much to bear, just let her catch you and kill you one time. Once you’ve seen that there’s nothing to be scared of (not least of all cus it looks a little derpy). 

12 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Also I’d say it lacks whatever it was that games like Dear Esther What Remains of Edith Finch and Gone Home have that make the house in which you play feel like an actual, lived in house. This one just feels…I dunno. Artificial. Staged. Like an IKEA showroom. 

Getting what you mean. This not on the same level as the PT demo. The thing about that was the continuous ambient sound and general feeling of wrongness in the house (if that makes sense). It just felt  something was really wrong about the place all the time. The house itself felt evil. With Visage the house feels like for want of a better word a container.

Then the bits in PT demo were just odd and felt out of place... (hanging refrigerator that moves and is covered in blood etc?!) Totally different to be honest. The only things that are similar is that they are set in a house and have some kind of supernatural presence in them. 

Edited by MattyP

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

Started The Medium last night and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Has an obvious Silent Hill vibe but also feels quite Quantic Dreams in terms of character development.

Yes it's a good game.... Just don't mention the "stealth" bits around here :D The split world mechanic is a bit of a gimmick TBH.

I think I’m a bit fatigued by too much choice. Yeah, I know first world problems and all that…

I was lucky enough to get my hands on both and XBox Series X and PS5. Since then I’ve found I just can’t keep up and spend more time looking and downloading as opposed to playing. 

I let me Gamepass Ultimate lapse 2 months ago and don’t miss it. That said, it occurred to me this morning that I’ve barely touched the XBox since then and seriously considering selling it now.

1 hour ago, jonny_rat said:

I should probably start a thread for it, but are people playing Unsighted in the default or Explorer mode? Wondering how much I'd lose by turning off the time limit mechanics.

I'm playing on default mode, have just got the last shard, really enjoying the exploration and dungeons. Definitely going to keep going to the end.

I've had other robots dying left and right as I won't give up my dust for them. What happens if I run out of time, do I have to start again? Never explained, and I CBA with that, so die they must!

Found some of the bosses tough as they spawn lots of annoying little buggers and I got overwhelmed. A couple had quite a few screens to run through from save point to boss which is just annoying when you're a bit rubbish like me and take a dozen attempts to win. Just put a save point in front of the entrance please, devs! (And let me button mash through the "oh noes Alma..." stuff you get every single death.)

A lot of complaining I know, but I'd recommend the game. I do like a good metroidvania.

5 hours ago, jonny_rat said:

I should probably start a thread for it, but are people playing Unsighted in the default or Explorer mode? Wondering how much I'd lose by turning off the time limit mechanics.

I've played it at the default, but I'm not sure if that's the one I'd recommend to others. The time limit is stressful. But I adore the game either way. The combat feels SO good. It's tough, but very satisfying when you get past a difficult collection of bad dudes or a tricky boss. I may even NG+ it, which I rarely do

30 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Hmm, missed Unsighted, looks great. This might be one of those "perfect for Mobile" games on XCloud like Children of Morta and Boyfriend Dungeon have been.

Dangerous, good chance of launching your phone in rage due to the difficulty.