IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

Essentially looks as if you get a 24month code with an all access console

I got an All Access Series X earlier this year, and to clarify, it's not a code you get. It's like a digital token that stored on the console, so you won't be able to sell it on eBay or anything like that (unless you're selling the console). You don't have to redeem it during the setup of the console, though it does have an expiry date (mines will expire in sometime in 2023). It appears in the "Games & Apps" screen under an "Included with this console" section.

My 11yo daughter just completed Superliminal and adored every minute. Can anyone recommend something similar on Gamepass that would be suitable for someone her age?

Portal 1 and 2 are on the list, but she’ll need to play them on something other than her disc-less Series S.

7 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

My 11yo daughter just completed Superliminal and adored every minute. Can anyone recommend something similar on Gamepass that would be suitable for someone her age?

Portal 1 and 2 are on the list, but she’ll need to play them on something other than her disc-less Series S.

How about The Turing Test? Nice little first-person puzzler with strong Portal vibes.

Supraland is also really nice although for some reason it gave me terrible motion sickness and I had to stop playing.

2 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

How about The Turing Test? Nice little first-person puzzler with strong Portal vibes.

Supraland is also really nice although for some reason it gave me terrible motion sickness and I had to stop playing.

Thanks I’ll mention these to her!

11 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

It's prolly the FOV, it's super wide for some reason.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Rain on your parade and donut county are big winners in our house. 

Yeah we played those together and enjoyed them. It’s more Superliminal / Portal type puzzle / walking simulator games she’s after. 

edit: I should add she’s played through Call of the Sea and Edith Finch with me.

10 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Is this XBox X & game pass for £28.99 x 24 months a good deal or not? The imminent 120hz gaming thing coming to CX has made me think I should start looking at it.

The fact it’s interest free is good, plus if you were to buy a Series X and 24 months of GP at £10.99 a month, you’d be paying more.

26 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Is this XBox X & game pass for £28.99 x 24 months a good deal or not? The imminent 120hz gaming thing coming to CX has made me think I should start looking at it.

Suppose it depends if you want to spread the cost as it comes at 0% interest.

However will you essentially be paying £10.99 for GPU - which you can get for less if you buy 3 years of Gold and convert it to GPU for whatever a Gold membership is these days (£40 per year - £120 for three years). Which works out around £4 a month.

In terms of 120Hz - not sure if its worth it. Depends how much you notice it TBH. 30 to 60 fps is noticeable especially racing games, FPS games. However even things like FH5 for 4K pretty mode its dropping down to 30fps and performance mode 60fps.

Pay your money and make your choice... you are never really future proofed with any of this stuff... I expect a Series X Pro will be on its way in another couple of years and so it goes on....

3 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Thanks guys, I’ve not put any thought into it really, I don’t know the prices and it came up when I googled. I don’t know what either should retail at normally so that’s helpful!

All-Access is certainly the simplest way to go about things, but using the Xbox Live Gold stacking trick for Game Pass works out quite a bit cheaper than what you'll be paying for the 24 month deal. It's a bit of a faff buying the subs and then converting them, although not that much really. It only took me a few minutes, and I'm sure you'll be able to do it easily enough too, given the instructions in the first post of this thread. The Series X is a really great console, you should definitely buy one!

6 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Thanks guys, I’ve not put any thought into it really, I don’t know the prices and it came up when I googled. I don’t know what either should retail at normally so that’s helpful!

Instructions for the 3 years gold trick are in the first post of this very thread btw. 

On 09/10/2021 at 21:20, Darren said:

Sniper Elite 4’s a bit bloody good innit? I didn’t think it would be my kind of game (I don’t much like shooters and especially dislike “realistic” war simulators) but it turns out that it’s very much my kind of game. Between this and Horizon Zero Dawn I now realise that my idea of gaming heaven is hiding quietly in some undergrowth patiently waiting to shoot a distant Nazi/robot through the head/fuel canister.

Yeah, I was always put off by the Sniper Elite series for some reason. But I tried Sniper Elite 4 on Game Pass, carried on playing it, and ended up completing it. Loved it.

3 hours ago, StoooTube said:

Yeah we played those together and enjoyed them. It’s more Superliminal / Portal type puzzle / walking simulator games she’s after. 

edit: I should add she’s played through Call of the Sea and Edith Finch with me.

It's not a first person game but if you want something that's very laid back then try The Gardens Between. It'll make you feel very old having to explain what a VHS machine and tape is though. :(

14 minutes ago, bear said:

It's not a first person game but if you want something that's very laid back then try The Gardens Between. It'll make you feel very old having to explain what a VHS machine and tape is though. :(

Oh aye good shout. I played that a few months ago. I think she’d enjoy that 👍

6 hours ago, ZOK said:

If you’ve got a phat $$$tack of Benjamins, buy the system outright and get 3 years of gold, converted to GP ultimate. 

Cheaper long-term, but you’ve got to make it rain up front. 

I did all access and don’t regret it all. 

RE: The Turing Test - If you press  My Games & Apps > Full library > Games With Gold. It might be in there. I don't know if this list only contains games you claimed when they were on offer dependant on your Gold history or if it's just got everything ever released as a freebie on GOLD.  My list has 122 games in there but I'm not sure if it's all the games I've claimed over the years or just all the games that have come out over the years.

17 hours ago, ZOK said:

What’s the stock situation, are they still hard to buy?

Yes so all access is the easiest way to get one as the scalpers don’t fleece them. That’s what I did - plus you can pay as much as you want a month £28 is the minimum so just bung £100 at it now and then and it’s gone in no time. I also believe if/when new console time comes you’ll get a better trade in price to upgrade if you used AA.

14 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Yes so all access is the easiest way to get one as the scalpers don’t fleece them. That’s what I did - plus you can pay as much as you want a month £28 is the minimum so just bung £100 at it now and then and it’s gone in no time. I also believe if/when new console time comes you’ll get a better trade in price to upgrade if you used AA.

That’s interesting, cheers. But why do you think buying that way gives a better resale price?

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

RE: The Turing Test - If you press  My Games & Apps > Full library > Games With Gold. It might be in there. I don't know if this list only contains games you claimed when they were on offer dependant on your Gold history or if it's just got everything ever released as a freebie on GOLD.  My list has 122 games in there but I'm not sure if it's all the games I've claimed over the years or just all the games that have come out over the years.

I'd assume it's just games you've claimed, as my list is 160. However, it also doesn't include games that were on Gold, but you own outright. There are no 360 games listed on it either, as those you own outright anyway.

There's not much value in Microsoft showing you what you didn't claim here, though, given you'd not have any access to them.

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

I'd assume it's just games you've claimed, as my list is 160. However, it also doesn't include games that were on Gold, but you own outright. There are no 360 games listed on it either, as those you own outright anyway.

There's not much value in Microsoft showing you what you didn't claim here, though, given you'd not have any access to them.

This is correct. You have to claim the Gold games.