Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

RE: The Turing Test - If you press  My Games & Apps > Full library > Games With Gold. It might be in there. I don't know if this list only contains games you claimed when they were on offer dependant on your Gold history or if it's just got everything ever released as a freebie on GOLD.  My list has 122 games in there but I'm not sure if it's all the games I've claimed over the years or just all the games that have come out over the years.


Its only those you’ve claimed sadly (I forget occasionally).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ZOK said:

Is this XBox X & game pass for £28.99 x 24 months a good deal or not? The imminent 120hz gaming thing coming to CX has made me think I should start looking at it.

We got this deal as there’s no way we could have afforded one up front. I thought it was a great option and we snapped one up when we got a stock alert. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zok I just signed up for the free 3 months Ultimate GP trial for £1 that came in the X's box. In that time I was easily able to earn Microsoft reward points which added 3 more months to my sub, wouldn't worry about paying as you can earn them for doing very little work. Best thing to do is open the MS rewards website and click the links everyday to start earning points, think I get about 150 a day that way and takes me a minute each morning when I get to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Thanks all! It’s given me a lot to think about.  I am not desperate to get one as it is mind you, it’s only because I saw the 120hz thing I thought it was worth a look.


Series S does 120hz, is cheaper and an amazing bit of kit kind of comes down to ssd storage and resolution (and availability and £200)

 

im sure I read about people with X1X on AA getting really good “upgrade deals” I’ll need to go look 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ZOK said:

It doesn’t do 4K though does it? I also need that if I’m going to get a console - if the S is 4K as well then that’s also worth me looking at.

Technically it can do 4K although the framerates would suffer. X is the one to go for if you have to have 4K - although even then you are unlikely to get native 4K @ 60fps never mind 120fps! Usually things either have dynamic resolutions or are upscaled from a lower resolution (very well too!).

 

Wether 4K would actually make much difference to your gaming experience is another question and dependent on your setup. It will look a bit crisper close up but from a distance?

 

Personally I grow tied of the resolutions and framerate debates. Console topics feel like PC topics these days. My favourite game so far this generation has been Mario Odyssey on the Switch. Couldn't even tell you what resolution or framerate that had on it but its the standout game for me so far on the new hardware. It was superb fun and very inventive.

 

These days ever more I'm just focussing on the games. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ZOK said:

It doesn’t do 4K though does it? I also need that if I’m going to get a console - if the S is 4K as well then that’s also worth me looking at.


Not as standard, but it does run some games at 4K (like Hades)
 

Not sure if they updated the UI to run at 4K like the Series X either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, taurusnipple said:

The buy x amount of Live and convert to Gamepass for a $1 still going on? Mine expired on Tuesday so I got a cheap 6 month gold but it won’t let me convert....

The £1 offer is only for new subscribers. If you have been subscribed previously, you'll have to purchase a normal month. The conversion works as usual, so you can convert up to three years but it costs £10.99 instead. Which is still an incredible bargain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MattyP said:

Technically it can do 4K although the framerates would suffer. X is the one to go for if you have to have 4K - although even then you are unlikely to get native 4K @ 60fps never mind 120fps! Usually things either have dynamic resolutions or are upscaled from a lower resolution (very well too!).

 

Wether 4K would actually make much difference to your gaming experience is another question and dependent on your setup. It will look a bit crisper close up but from a distance?

 

Personally I grow tied of the resolutions and framerate debates. Console topics feel like PC topics these days. My favourite game so far this generation has been Mario Odyssey on the Switch. Couldn't even tell you what resolution or framerate that had on it but its the standout game for me so far on the new hardware. It was superb fun and very inventive.

 

These days ever more I'm just focussing on the games. :)


I’m playing between Switch and Stadia on an LG CX, Stadia looks amazing and Switch looks (by comparison) a bit miserable.

 

That doesn’t mean Switch games don’t also look great on that set up, but I’m not going to be shelling out any money for another console that can’t take full advantage of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ZOK said:


I’m playing between Switch and Stadia on an LG CX, Stadia looks amazing and Switch looks (by comparison) a bit miserable.

 

That doesn’t mean Switch games don’t also look great on that set up, but I’m not going to be shelling out any money for another console that can’t take full advantage of it.


Deffo a Series X then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoping you helpful lot can break this down for me in the simplest of terms. So my game pass ultimate is about to expire in the next couple days, but I’m wondering if I can still take advantage of the gold to game pass conversion/stacking for £1 when I renew? 

 

Because I used that method originally, am I now exempt from using it again. Is it a one time per account situation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Akira said:

Hoping you helpful lot can break this down for me in the simplest of terms. So my game pass ultimate is about to expire in the next couple days, but I’m wondering if I can still take advantage of the gold to game pass conversion/stacking for £1 when I renew? 

 

Because I used that method originally, am I now exempt from using it again. Is it a one time per account situation? 

 

You can, BUT only after your current subscription has lapsed - if you try to do it while your current sub is active it will automatically convert gold to GP at a much worse exchange rate. And it will cost you £10.99 this time, it's the £1 conversion that's a one-time offer, but the otherwise you can do it as often as you like for £10.99 a time (so long as you wait until each sub expires, and with the caveat that MS could withdraw this offer at any time).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think a mods jiggery pokery'd this as me and someone else answered them in the Series thread.

 

I think it was just me reading this thread before the other, so I thought I'd be helpful only to find I was hours late...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.