Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Moonglow Bay is up, 4gb.

Fishing and cooking, the official two best minigames. And a graphical style that reminds me of The Touryst. I think I'll be checking this one out.

I played 7 minutes and it broke my heart already. Close up the voxel art style is a bit eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenh but I like the look of it overall. Looking forward to getting into it after I do Knights and Bikes. Which is also breaking my heart. Apparently I hate myself and want to feel miserable.

13 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Anybody tried Echo Generation?  Really enjoying the 80’s Stranger Things vibe & it’s generous with the achievements too.

Started it yesterday. Like the vibe also. 

8 minutes ago, Ry said:

Started it yesterday. Like the vibe also. 

I finished it on the weekend. Mostly loved it, but the scrap boss was a horrible difficulty spike. 

Also super weird there’s no skill point replenishment items apart from the cookies which are very stingily handed out. It means you spend the first half of boss battles using all your abilities and the second half spending ages grinding them down with punches. 

Also annoying that new companions all start at level 1, and the lack of grinding spots mean it’s too much hassle to level them. 

That said the best companion is easily 

Spoiler

The dog, thanks to his team heal. 

And he’s worth levelling as soon as you get him. 

2 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

I finished it on the weekend. Mostly loved it, but the scrap boss was a horrible difficulty spike. 

Also super weird there’s no skill point replenishment items apart from the cookies which are very stingily handed out. It means you spend the first half of boss battles using all your abilities and the second half spending ages grinding them down with punches. 

Also annoying that new companions all start at level 1, and the lack of grinding spots mean it’s too much hassle to level them. 

That said the best companion is easily 

Hide contents

The dog, thanks to his team heal. 

And he’s worth levelling as soon as you get him. 

I have nothing CED the skill points issue with the first two enemies you fight. 

Those rats early on mean I need to go back home and sleep every time as well. 

I hope I don't just bounce off it like the last 10 game pass gamea I have played. 

I'm currently doing the £32.99 game pass ultimate thing. Have been for some time. I've read through the first post, but am unsiure how I get it to 'lapse'. Do I just cancel it and then follow through the steps on page 1 once my last month is over?

10 minutes ago, Shook said:

I'm currently doing the £32.99 game pass ultimate thing. Have been for some time. I've read through the first post, but am unsiure how I get it to 'lapse'. Do I just cancel it and then follow through the steps on page 1 once my last month is over?

Yep - just wait for it to expire (make sure it’s not set to auto renew).

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

Yep - just wait for it to expire (make sure it’s not set to auto renew).

Cool thank you.

Then I buy three of these yes? I guess I could get that out of the way now? I've stopped my auto-renew and my current game pass sub ends on 23rd Nov.

Tramping through Knights and Bikes and it's adorable. I love Nessa and Dezmelda, they're such fun. Definitely on track to finish it before it leaves, so that's nice.

Got round to trying Into The Pit and I don't know what to think of it. It feels like the aiming is built entirely around mouse and keyboard, which is no good on an Xbox pad. It's alright when you're using the shotgun but anything that requires precision is very sketchy.

21 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Tramping through Knights and Bikes and it's adorable. I love Nessa and Dezmelda, they're such fun. Definitely on track to finish it before it leaves, so that's nice.

Got round to trying Into The Pit and I don't know what to think of it. It feels like the aiming is built entirely around mouse and keyboard, which is no good on an Xbox pad. It's alright when you're using the shotgun but anything that requires precision is very sketchy.

I gave up on it because of this exact reason. 

Echo Generation.

I got to a boss and has to use all my health items and died anyway. 

Now I can't beat the boss because I have no health items and it autosaves. It's impossible for me to progress. Oh well. Uninstalled. Shame.

Moonglow Bay. Uninstalled after 20 mins. Horrendous performance. 

The last Gamepass game I actually finished was the brilliant Mighty Goose. I'm bouncing off a lot of these indie games hard. 

Yeah I wanted to like echo generation but the fact I had to keep returning home to rest and recover my health to beat even the simplest of enemies at the start of the game kinda killed any momentum the game had. 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Lol, the Into The Pit devs have 6 Twitter followers and 2 tweets. Looks like I'm not giving them a shout to go "Oi, up the auto aim on console. Or implement it. Either or".

@tomnullpointer on Twitter has been posting regular updates about the game and replied to my query within about 10 mins.

22 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

@tomnullpointer on Twitter has been posting regular updates about the game and replied to my query within about 10 mins.

When I searched for nullpoint it only came up with one account, so I'll go and look for that ta. What did you ask about?

3 hours ago, Mortis said:

Yeah I wanted to like echo generation but the fact I had to keep returning home to rest and recover my health to beat even the simplest of enemies at the start of the game kinda killed any momentum the game had. 

I am still enjoying it.  How far did you get into it?

This & Back 4 Blood are the two Xbox  games I am ploughing through at the moment and I am liking both.

I got to the scrap yard but it took me ages to beat the boss before that and had to resort to sleeping, beating the raccoons and the single rat and sleeping in between for what felt like ages to be able to beat it. The fact you run out of skill points and have to resort to a battle of attrition with the standard attacks just screams lack of decent balance. 

It is a bit annoying I agree, but you are literally just at the point where things get better.  

The Christmas lights you find after beating the scrapyard villain allow you to unlock the treehouse shop, where you can spend all the money you have been acculmulating on buying health & skill power ups as well as better moves etc.  Makes it much easier than doing all the backtracking you have to do up to that point.

I am using it as a daily achievement game at the moment, as I find 10 - 15 minutes or so of play is usually enough to pop the next achievement.  Although got 2 in quick succession today after literally 2 minutes playing which was a tad gutting.

I'm in the middle of spending a pretty enjoyable session with Project Wingman this afternoon. It's just gone on GP today I think.

It seems a very Ace Combat "lite" up to now (still just messing around on the first mission mind) But so far it's been a good Top Gun simulator. Looks like it's very much a port of a PC game judging by the settings menu. I just whacked everything up to high now that I'm a happy Series X owner and although it's no oil painting with everything turned up it looks good.

Best thing about it so far though, is it seems pretty easy!

I'm blowing up shit all over the shop. You can up the difficulty in the settings mind but I'm quite enjoying being Tom Cruise Ace Pilot With Little Experience But Winning The War right now. 

Things might change as I get further into the missions but so far, this is pretty good.