IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

@womble9

Yes that is confusing.

The whole thing - basically a legal scam that benefits the console owner - is all a little unclear. Perhaps that's why they allow it, because not many people end up doing it.

It's good that MS are generally helpful about it all.

Anyway sounds like it's sorted.

It's a pretty crazy deal and has made me feel less bad about the initial splash out on an Series X.

Aliens Fireteam Dec 14. 

Pleased with that, was going to ask for it as my Xmas present. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/30/aliens-fireteam-elite-available-december-14-with-xbox-game-pass/

Was very close to buying Generation Zero earlier as well and just say the gamepass logo in the store. Although it's 30fps so I'm not touching it. 

38 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I should've been more specific and said big third-party stuff. 

Tbh, they spent as much as they did on big 3rd party because they didn't have big 1st party. I suspect that'll drop off to more of a "PS Plus" age of game as they can cover DAY ONEISH with their own.

3 hours ago, Ry said:

Aliens Fireteam Dec 14. 

Pleased with that, was going to ask for it as my Xmas present. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/30/aliens-fireteam-elite-available-december-14-with-xbox-game-pass/

Was very close to buying Generation Zero earlier as well and just say the gamepass logo in the store. Although it's 30fps so I'm not touching it. 

Chuffed to bits with this. Perfect 'I didn't want pay for it so really hope it's on Game Pass' Game Pass fodder.

30 minutes ago, Ry said:

Seriously? Yes!

It's still a pretty poor game though. The idea and setting of it are solid but everything is poorly implemented. Should have been great but it's not even average (obvs in my opinion, ymmv). And I paid actual money to play it when it came out.

I was hoping for a Simon Stålenhag type of experience but it's not that, at all.

In theory yes, it just converts to a lower rate of Ultimate much like if you add a code for Live when you have an existing Ultimate sub.

In practice results may vary, my new laptop came with a one month free sub for PC Gamepass which it keeps giving me pop ups for but it refuses to redeem as I already have Ultimate. There is no code for this though so that might be the source of the problem 

2 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

In theory yes, it just converts to a lower rate of Ultimate much like if you add a code for Live when you have an existing Ultimate sub.

In practice results may vary, my new laptop came with a one month free sub for PC Gamepass which it keeps giving me pop ups for but it refuses to redeem as I already have Ultimate. There is no code for this though so that might be the source of the problem 

Cheers, done some digging and only info I could find was an old Reddit post saying "1 month of Xbox Game Pass (PC) = 20 days of Ultimate". Might as well take a punt. Will report back

Edit : Yeah 3 months PC GP gives 2 months GPU. Still a bargain :)

image.png.da77449d1848ac079fc14375d8b0e422.png

21 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Yay Lawn Mowing Sim - that has chillout xmas game written all over it.

It sounds crazy but I have been looking forward to playing this for some time. Love me some next gen only Lawn Mowing!

Some good games leaving soon:

Beholder

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan

Guacamelee! 2

Wilmot's Warehouse

Unto the End

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

I'm a huge fan of Guacamelee! 2 and I liked what I'd played of the Yooka-Laylee game. Ah well.

Just now, Jg15 said:

The Gunk should also be launching on the 16th and straight to Gamepass (it looks to be at least a timed exclusive).

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-exclusive-gunk-release-date-december-16

Oh great yeah really interested in this. They’ve yet to make anything other than bangers so fingers crossed on the transition to 3D.