IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

19 minutes ago, Shook said:

This looks the part though?

Just as a point of warning, and I could be wrong here, I’m not sure what that site is. Cdkeys who I always use are simply cdkeys.com, not sure what the whole cjs in front of the name is all about.

36 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Just as a point of warning, and I could be wrong here, I’m not sure what that site is. Cdkeys who I always use are simply cdkeys.com, not sure what the whole cjs in front of the name is all about.

Yes I felt the same and have just bought three EU ones from cd-keys instead.

For the love of god (I'm sure you all know better, but anyway) don't do what a friend of mine nearly did the other day. He finally got hold of a Series X and was asking about Gamepass. I sent him a link to the first page here, but the cheapskate started looking around the internet and found an "offer" for 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for less than £60. In the small print it said "you must send me your password as some people have difficulty setting it up so I'll do it for you. You can always change your password afterwards" 🤨🤔

So I did the deal thing late last night but the upgrade wouldn't go through. It sorted itself out this morning and I think it has worked. This is a common issue apparently.

My account says the billing (£10.99) starts today and will be recurring, but it also says:

'Reminder: Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and EA Play will automatically convert to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan at a conversion ratio'

So hopefully it has worked, but going on the instructions on page 1, I should turn off recurring billing for the new Ultimate sub yes?

31 minutes ago, Shook said:

So I did the deal thing late last night but the upgrade wouldn't go through. It sorted itself out this morning and I think it has worked. This is a common issue apparently.

My account says the billing (£10.99) starts today and will be recurring, but it also says:

'Reminder: Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and EA Play will automatically convert to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan at a conversion ratio'

So hopefully it has worked, but going on the instructions on page 1, I should turn off recurring billing for the new Ultimate sub yes?

Have a look on your Xbox to see which subs you have running. It should give you an end date for Gamepass in there, which should be in 3 years!

3 hours ago, JPL said:

Have a look on your Xbox to see which subs you have running. It should give you an end date for Gamepass in there, which should be in 3 years!

It says I have two subs, Ultimate which is set to recurring billing @ £10.99 per month, and XBox Live Gold which shows as cancelled yesterday.

Hmm. Maybe I've messed this up.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

What kind of game is it? 

Yes. It is more dark souls than dark souls itself. This one is on the easier side. Looks great on PC. Fine tuned combat. Game has a dream like quality to its presentation. Short. 

I'll be trying it (because why not), but out of interest, what "sort" of Souls-like is it? I.e. does it share the Souls metroidvania-lite structure, or is the likeness more down to the combat style?

It’s Aldi Souls based on the half hour I gave it. 

The combat felt janky to me, none of the grace of a From game. It has a weird dodge/roll mechanic assigned to the same button and it was all very….green. 

The hardening mechanic was interesting and the music was a foreboding drone that I really dug. 

I fancied something to fill the void until Elden Ring gets here but just made me miss the real thing even more. I’ll give it another go but I may just play Demons Souls again. 

Was really hoping to try Metal Gear Solid 5 on GP at some point but can't see any hints. Was walking past Game after work and noticed they had a copy in for just £2! It's three times that on ebay so had to buy a copy. Not sure when I'll play it but at that sort of price couldn't say no.

On 23/11/2021 at 08:18, Shook said:

Did it give a reason as to why it wouldn't go through? Only asking as I'm having an issue that MS are saying is code related.

Here's a screen grab / link showing the issue that I'm having:

1870060423_Screenshot2021-11-27094753.thumb.jpg.7b87a5f2c78f34848f5a32087ba6fed8.jpg

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-live-gold-12-months-membership-for-ps3379-3833734#comment-46223570

MS customer service doesn't open till 10 so just about to head down to friends house to hopefully speak to MS myself and get it sorted 🤞.

@womble9

That sounds like the codes weren’t actually UK/EU, although I can see it does say they are EU. 

My issue was not along these lines, it just took a few hours to sort itself out. I’d not cancelled recurring billing either.

I’ve heard that once you’re through to an MS agent they are helpful in sorting things out though. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Shook said:

@womble9

That sounds like the codes weren’t actually UK/EU, although I can see it does say they are EU. 

My issue was not along these lines, it just took a few hours to sort itself out. I’d not cancelled recurring billing either.

I’ve heard that once you’re through to an MS agent they are helpful in sorting things out though. Good luck. 

When I got to my friends (later than planned due to snow and a rear wheel drive van!) she was already in the phone to them and we’ll on the way to getting it sorted. They’ve said that the codes are the issue with them being Region 1 / USA codes but that they’re happy to make an exception and will cancel them & then re issues 36 months of UK gold which she’ll then be able to upgrade to GP ultimate for £1. 

It’s great that they’re sorting it but there are a couple of things that are puzzling me. Firstly CD keys clearly says on their site (and indeed on the mail that codes got delivered with) that they’re EU codes, and secondly, surely we wouldn’t have been able to redeem US codes on her sons freshly made UK account without the use of a VPN?!? 

MS super friendly lady had left it that she’d call back within 3hrs to confirm it was all sorted. Not heard anything yet but it is my friends sons birthday so they’re likely out enjoying that. 

@womble9

Yes that is confusing.

The whole thing - basically a legal scam that benefits the console owner - is all a little unclear. Perhaps that's why they allow it, because not many people end up doing it.

It's good that MS are generally helpful about it all.

Anyway sounds like it's sorted.

It's a pretty crazy deal and has made me feel less bad about the initial splash out on an Series X.

Aliens Fireteam Dec 14. 

Pleased with that, was going to ask for it as my Xmas present. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/30/aliens-fireteam-elite-available-december-14-with-xbox-game-pass/

Was very close to buying Generation Zero earlier as well and just say the gamepass logo in the store. Although it's 30fps so I'm not touching it.