IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

2 hours ago, Siri said:

That just means you got somewhere to shoot from! I ended up in a similar situation while doing a quest to blow up a fuel depot - I cycled to the place, attracting about 10+ high-end hunter robots and a lot of the robo-dog things.

went into the fuel place, blew it up, and then realised that they all chased me to the depot, and were waiting outside.

Brilliant!! Your experience there has made me even more keen to get done at work and get stuck back into it tonight!! 

How much does Zero Generation rely on things like crafting and being sneaky all the time? I admit that I'm more into my FPS power fantasies where you are mostly invunerable and you have lots of lovely weapons and ammo. I've started ZG and it strikes me that it's pretty hard (because of no regenerating health as an example) right from the bat. You start off getting the pistol and then it's, go and kill a robot, but there are four all together and you seem to a aggro them at the same time, and they have pinpoint accuracy and can seemingly hit you from a range greater than you can aim with your pistol. I did manage to complete that encounter by running and hiding and using all my health items and an adrenaline shot.

I've now got to a point where I'm at a farm and it's told me to take out 4 robots, I have no health items and 23 health, and I've only got ammo left for my pistol, and it seems like it will be impossible to do. Am I to expect that all the time? Because if so it's probably not my type of game.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

How much does Zero Generation rely on things like crafting and being sneaky all the time? I admit that I'm more into my FPS power fantasies where you are mostly invunerable and you have lots of lovely weapons and ammo. I've started ZG and it strikes me that it's pretty hard (because of no regenerating health as an example) right from the bat. You start off getting the pistol and then it's, go and kill a robot, but there are four all together and you seem to a aggro them at the same time, and they have pinpoint accuracy and can seemingly hit you from a range greater than you can aim with your pistol. I did manage to complete that encounter by running and hiding and using all my health items and an adrenaline shot.

I've now got to a point where I'm at a farm and it's told me to take out 4 robots, I have no health items and 23 health, and I've only got ammo left for my pistol, and it seems like it will be impossible to do. Am I to expect that all the time? Because if so it's probably not my type of game.

I'm a little bit further on and haven't crafted anything yet. I think it wants you to be a bit sneaky.. those radios you find everywhere? Chuck one of those and watch the robot run over to investigate, then nip round behind it and put three or four rounds in it at close range. Bosh.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

Disclaimer: I'm playing on Adventurer difficulty because I'm here for a good time, so YMMV.

But I haven't had that much of a problem with ammo - the first house where you get the pistol should also have a baseball bat, and pretty much every car has .32 bullets for the pistol. From what I can tell, every gun you have in your inventory attributes a chance to spawn ammo in those specific crates - so if you're carrying a shotgun, you're more likely to find Birdshot, etc. Later on, the Scavenger perk doubles the ammo you get from drops, so the only reason to craft ammo is to convert all that .32 handgun ammo into something more useful (if you got the blueprint).

Sneaking is definitely preferred at the start of the game when you've got no silenced weaponry, but you get plenty of opportunity to go loud later on - and it's mostly impossible not to with some automatic muzzle options not including silencers. Whether that's a good idea or not is still up for debate - If I get in any prolonged gunfights, it'll usually alert every fucking robot a mile away (and the larger elites are absolute bullet sponges), so you either need a good plan to bunk up somewhere or deal with everything in range quickly and go into sneaking to stop the encounter getting bigger.  

I've actually started a new run due to buying it on Steam last night, and I've got to a part much later than the farmlands with a bit more finesse from my first go on the X-Box. I recall by that time I had a hold of a hunting rifle, scope and silencer and did that part of the game by popping each robot's fuel tank at the top of a grassy knoll without any of the other robots in the encounter having a clue. I think north of that part of the quest, there's a hunter's cabin that a side mission will take you to in order to get the rifle if you haven't got it already.

@metallicfrodo I think there after different options or the difficulty changes the amount of loot about but a lot of the game relies on stealth and having few resources. Definitely the first half of it, ammo can really be at a premium. 

Some of my best moments in the game were frantically running away from an ever expanding group of murderous robots.

Just downloaded Raji: An Ancient Epic and had a quick hour or so on it. Lovely visuals, sound and presentation. Nice game little bit of combat, platforming and I expect puzzling (only had one simple puzzle upto now). 

Also got Serious Sam 4 downloading. Don't normally play FPS games that much but this looks to be a fun shooter that doesn't take anything seriously.... :)

3 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Worth a look?

Definitely.. well if you like Doom and Gears Of War - seems to be a FPS hybrid of the two to play without it being all serious. Lots of cheesy lines. Love all the creature types too.. :) Not usually into FPS games but this is amazing fun... 

Win/Win for GamePass today again.. Raji and this... :) 

SS4 might also be something to play whilst waiting to get stuck into Halo Infinite tomorrow night :D 

Yes! To be honest, the normal price is also amazing value. Combined with gamepass the Series S is probably the best value for money I've ever gotten in a game product. I will buy Elden Ring the day it releases but other than that I dont think I will need to purchase many other games.

Bit of a specific question, but just wondering if anyone can help:

I have a xbox PC ultimate game pass subscription that times out end of Jan 2022 - am I right in thinking that I won't be able to do the steps in the first post until that's timed out? (it's not GPU, just the PC branch) - would be ace if someone knows.

Edit: I just got my console and want to get it ready for my kids on xmas morning - ideally with some gamepass games installed 🎅

22 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

I have a xbox PC ultimate game pass subscription that times out end of Jan 2022 - am I right in thinking that I won't be able to do the steps in the first post until that's timed out? (it's not GPU, just the PC branch) - would be ace if someone knows.

Correct - adding e.g. 1 year of Xbox gold before your sub expires will only add on 4 months of Ultimate. Wait for it to expire, and you'll get the full year for the same.

23 hours ago, Sane said:

Yes! To be honest, the normal price is also amazing value. Combined with gamepass the Series S is probably the best value for money I've ever gotten in a game product. I will buy Elden Ring the day it releases but other than that I dont think I will need to purchase many other games.

If you've not already then be sure to check out Microsoft Rewards (there's a thread on here). If you start collecting your points now you'll nearly have enough to cash them in for Elden Ring at launch :).  

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

If you've not already then be sure to check out Microsoft Rewards (there's a thread on here). If you start collecting your points now you'll nearly have enough to cash them in for Elden Ring at launch :).  

Really? You can collect that much? I had no idea! Thanks for the tip :hat:.

12 minutes ago, Sane said:

Yup!

I'm pretty anal about my grabbing what I can points wise and generally get 17 to 18k a month, and you can cash them in at a rate of £5.00 per 5850. Download the Xbox app too and if you're lucky (it's sort of under trial and as such is only on certain accounts) you'll be bale to get points on there to the tune of 250 a day! I was fortunate to get given it so with the two combined I'm now looking at around 24-25k a month which equates to just over £20 :). It's a bonkers generous loyalty / rewards scheme IMO! 

26 minutes ago, Sane said:

I cashed in $100 off the Series X at launch, spent another $20ish shortly after on a pad, and have since clocked up $150 worth. It can add up quickly for surprisingly little effort, once you get into the swing of it.