IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

2 hours ago, Squigs said:

It's on the Game Pass mobile app already, but only if you search for it. Doesn't show up in 'Recently Added' or the full A-Z list yet.

On PC it seems to show as needing an EA Play Pro subscription to download it.  :(

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

On PC it seems to show as needing an EA Play Pro subscription to download it.  :(

May need to wait a little longer - if you click play after downloading it, it asks if you own it or not.

3 minutes ago, Simmy said:

May need to wait a little longer - if you click play after downloading it, it asks if you own it or not.

Won't even let me download on PC - keeps coming up with an error. Fkinnnnnn EA

12 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Seems to be working now...well, working as in I have to wait 4 hours for the 120gb+ file (including day one patch) to download.   

8 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Won't even let me download on PC - keeps coming up with an error. Fkinnnnnn EA

What error are you getting?  Are you trying through EA Desktop?

6 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Seems to be working now...well, working as in I have to wait 4 hours for the 120gb+ file (including day one patch) to download.   

What error are you getting?  Are you trying through EA Desktop?

Yep via EA desktop

says this: There’s a problem with your download
Something went wrong during your download. Give us a few minutes, then try again.

Restarted - made sure VPN was off etc. No dice. Tried via xbox app too - also getting an error.

4 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Yep via EA desktop

Something went wrong during your download. Give us a few minutes, then try again.

Restarted - made sure VPN was off etc. No dice. Tried via xbox app too - also getting an error.

I've had that one before and uninstalling/re-installing the app worked for me (after running as Admin).  Weirdly, EA recommend it for that error as well...

18 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Yep via EA desktop

I think (but hope) you may have the same problem as me Uzi. Every time I try linking my Microsoft and EA accounts I get errors and asked to reset my password. The problem is, that somehow my Microsoft account is linked to a very old EA account I no longer have access to and if you can't prove to EA that you have all the requisite information they require for the old account, they refuse to do anything and you're basically screwed.

16 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

I've had that one before and uninstalling/re-installing the app worked for me (after running as Admin).  Weirdly, EA recommend it for that error as well...

That worked - cheers!

58 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I think (but hope) you may have the same problem as me Uzi. Every time I try linking my Microsoft and EA accounts I get errors and asked to reset my password. The problem is, that somehow my Microsoft account is linked to a very old EA account I no longer have access to and if you can't prove to EA that you have all the requisite information they require for the old account, they refuse to do anything and you're basically screwed.

I’ve been trying to deal with this on and off ever since they added EA Play to Game Pass. Evidently my Xbox account is linked to an EA account bound to an old ntlworld email address I haven’t used in years, and had been deactivated. Managed to get Virgin to reactivate it but now I’m not getting any of the password reset emails EA are supposedly sending. Basically given up on it at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I’ve been trying to deal with this on and off ever since they added EA Play to Game Pass. Evidently my Xbox account is linked to an EA account bound to an old ntlworld email address I haven’t used in years, and had been deactivated. Managed to get Virgin to reactivate it but now I’m not getting any of the password reset emails EA are supposedly sending. Basically given up on it at this point. 

That's where I'm at. I'll just buy the ME Trilogy but I'm not sure I want to give any money to EA at this point.

8 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Email EA support? Can't you just change the email on the account?

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Email EA support? Can't you just change the email on the account?

Nah they don’t want to know, did the whole live chat thing and unless I can tell them, like, the dates and amounts of the last three purchases the account made and stuff like that they won’t touch it. Given this account is at least 10 years old (and I didn’t even realise it existed until EA Play got added to Game Pass) I have no chance of finding that info for them. 

23 hours ago, carlospie said:

Gamepass is insane. I have at least twenty games on my list to play.

Yet every night I just play cod and FIFA. Shame.

I know the feeling. I'm trying to work through my backlog but end up playing Halo/Forza most days and the games I'm already working on already without any from gamepass being added on >.< I'll never get through everything in my lifetime. 

Dumb question... I'm getting my series x today and want to do the best deal as outlined in the first post. The options for the 12-month Live Gold codes on CDKeys are bewildering to someone new to xbox (most mention the One or the 360, but no mention of the series x) and I don't want to by £120 worth of the wrong codes. Would some be kind enough to post a direct link to the correct code that I need? Many thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Stavi said:

Brilliant - thanks. These are the EU ones, will they be ok or should I go with the world wide ones?

Brexit makes that confusing, but I bought the EU ones, and they worked fine.