IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

7 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Fair enough. So I need to fire up the EA Play app for ME2?

I'm confused as to why ME and ME2 show up in the normal Game Pass list of games but not ME2. Odd.

That's weird. On Xbox all the EA games are just there. And all the Mass Effect games have been there since day one when EA arrived on the service. The ME trilogy remaster has also been added recently, so that's also on option.

11 hours ago, Ry said:

Nobody Saves the World is really good.

Like...fucking really really good.

I second this! I hope it’s not going to get overlooked because of the massive Activision news and Hitman and Rainbow Six both incoming.

It scratches that somewhat mindless ARPG itch while introducing some genuinely interesting and innovative gameplay elements around how you to choose to evolve and adapt your character. And then of course it’s also dressed up in that delightful, inimitable chunky cartoon style familiar from Guacamelee. Remains to be seen how it holds up in the later game but it’s an absolute joy so far.

34 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

All three 360 mass effect games show up for me on the phone app. Is your account still registered in the UK, @Talvalin? I'm wondering if there's something weird about the game not being available for some reason in your region?

Bugger. That might explain it. I'll try setting my region back to UK and see if that changes anything.

Nobody Saves the World has bags of silly style.  I've played half an hour or so. Can't tell yet if it really has mechanical depth? Certainly looks have breadth, judging from the character tree.  

In my brief stint, can't see wanting to level up the guard and ranger.  Gnawing things to death is more fun than sword and arrows.  I suspect they get sillier if you level them though.

It gradually expands how you play - requiring a mix of skills to defeat enemies. Switching on the fly becomes a major requirement and I’ve still not managed to get any class beyond B so far. 
Hopefully get to try some co-op as I think it could be awesome fun. 

On 13/01/2022 at 09:10, Sixkiller said:

Will be interesting to see how MS respond here.  Stalker's played a fairly large part on the 2022 Gamepass release schedule.  Where a 3rd party dev shafts them like this with a delay, they must presumably now feel pressure to sign up a replacement.

Looks like you were right… 😂😂😂

Do AB have much presence on game pass right now? I'll have to check out the spreadsheet but I can't think of anything right now. Surely there must be a few older titles that Microsoft can get on there pretty quick. Tony Hawk 1+2 seems like the perfect fit get on there pretty soon.

Just now, BeeJay said:

Do AB have much presence on game pass right now? I'll have to check out the spreadsheet but I can't think of anything right now. Surely there must be a few older titles that Microsoft can get on there pretty quick. Tony Hawk 1+2 seems like the perfect fit get on there pretty soon.

They're not on Game Pass.  Activision are their own entity still until the deal closes. MS have to stay away.

If AB titles appear on Game Pass before the deal closes, it's not directly related to the purchase.  It's AB management deciding to do it independently.

2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

If AB titles appear on Game Pass before the deal closes, it's not directly related to the purchase.  It's AB management deciding to do it "independently".

FTFY

I'm loving Carrion. Just skittering around doing metroidvania stuff and eating scientists. The controls are a bit unwieldy but you wouldn't expect a tentacle monster to handle like Bayonetta.

Mortal Shell is a bit of a weird one. There's clearly a good combat system here but I'm struggling to get to grips with it. The starting area is just too big and winding to keep getting pumped back to the start. Dark Souls 1 was at least fairly linear unless you try and go down into skeleton-hell at the start. I like all the frogs and playing the lute though.  

1 hour ago, Ry said:

NBTW certainly ramps up the difficulty. You need to go for all the upgrades on each character so you level up. 

Sod that. It's all about the slug. Slug is life.

I really hope they don’t close the loophole now they’re in the process of buying Activision.

Mine doesn’t run out til summer, so I take it there’s nothing I can really do until then is there?

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

I really hope they don’t close the loophole now they’re in the process of buying Activision.

Mine doesn’t run out til summer, so I take it there’s nothing I can really do until then is there?

I’d just buy some cheap overseas gold or gamepass cards.  Top up to the max. 

7 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I’d just buy some cheap overseas gold or gamepass cards.  Top up to the max. 

Won’t that cost a load more? Don’t suppose you’d know the best place to get them from, would you?

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

4 months.

Ah, thanks. Mine doesn’t actually run out until next year, but I’m tempted to try and stack it back up to three years before the inevitable price hike.

Just not sure what the best option is right now. Looks like JPL and I are after the same thing.