IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

5 hours ago, Varsity said:

What are taiko games like generally for extra songs? This will be my first one lol. 

Are we likely to see dlc songs or is typically a base game and done deal? 

Having never played any game in this series before, I didn't realise that this was effectively Donkey Konga. Seems fun but a big lacking only using the pad. Should be good for daily achievements for your 50 points though! 

50 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Having never played any fame in this series before, I didn't realise that this was effectively Donkey Konga. Seems fun but a big lacking only using the pad. Should be good for daily achievements for your 50 points though! 

Change the control scheme to Type B, it's a lottttttt easier to hit stuff when you can use dpad and any face buttons for red and bumpers/triggers for blue. 

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Trigger don rappa whatever its called may be the worst game I have played in a long time 

If you are talking about Danganronpa: Trigger Happt Havoc, then I am afraid I will have to ask you to take your leave and never return to this establishment. Good day sir!!

;) 

5 hours ago, Varsity said:

What are taiko games like generally for extra songs? This will be my first one lol. 

Are we likely to see dlc songs or is typically a base game and done deal? 

There will be loads of DLC eventually. There are also unlockable songs in the in-game shop, bought using credits earned through playing songs. They switch up the available selection over time. 

I'm just hoping Hyakka Ryouran turns up soon. The Switch and Apple Arcade versions had it, so I'm sure it'll appear in the shop eventually. :unsure:

Maybe one of those USB dongles will get the Switch tatacon usable on Xbox, but I'm not too hopeful. I don't mind the pad but it seems a waste when I have a perfectly decent drum that should work.

9 minutes ago, Quest said:

Maybe one of those USB dongles will get the Switch tatacon usable on Xbox, but I'm not too hopeful. I don't mind the pad but it seems a waste when I have a perfectly decent drum that should work.

Yeah the switch one works with a dongle. Seen it on era. 

I would love be this game with a drum. It's a nightmare on controller. I wish I could at least remap the buttons

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

If you are talking about Danganronpa: Trigger Happt Havoc, then I am afraid I will have to ask you to take your leave and never return to this establishment. Good day sir!!

;) 

I wasn't really invested in it last night, will give it another go sometime.

9 hours ago, Ry said:

I would love be this game with a drum. It's a nightmare on controller. I wish I could at least remap the buttons

As mentioned above, change to controller type B. The difference in difficulty between that and type A is mental. 

So much less brainspace going to what does what when you know all the dpad buttons and face buttons can hit reds and the bumpers deal with blues ^^. 

You can get 2 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 0.13 Euros only!

Just follow this tutorial:

Buy 1x 2 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Trial

Create new Microsoft account

Redeem 1x 2 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Login your new account on your Xbox consoles

Designate your home Xbox

Switch back to your regular Xbox Account Done! After 2 Month, just follow this tutorial again.

SAVE 3 % ON YOUR PURCHASES ON ENEBA

You can use the Eneba Coupon to save fancy 3 % on your purchases now! Just use this code: NPK3

You can't still use this Code? Please delete your Cookies on eneba.com and click the special trackinglink topside again

Does anyone have any advice for doing the 12 month Gold update? Where's the cheapest place t-

Only joking. Upgraded my gold so I now have Gamepass until 2025. I look forward to strapping on my rocket boots, logging into the meta verse and picking another three years up off of digital shelves with all of my NFTs and digital milk the next time I need gamepass. 

3 hours ago, friedgold said:

Probably already posted but Two Point Campus is up for preload. Didn't know it was even coming to GP.

That's an early preload. Aint out until may.

I really enjoyed Nobody Saves the World.

Now playing Death's Door and it’s leaving me utterly cold, think I'll delete it rather than force myself to keep playing in the hope something eventually clicks for me. I know some people adore that game so I think I'll just have to admit it’s one of those that's just not for me.

May try and squeeze in Mass Effect 2 before Horizon Forbidden West comes out.

On 27/01/2022 at 17:22, Varsity said:

Change the control scheme to Type B, it's a lottttttt easier to hit stuff when you can use dpad and any face buttons for red and bumpers/triggers for blue. 

I tried it but prefer the default. I think the reds on the left (d pad) and blues on the right hand face buttons is something that has been programmed into me from stuff like Bishi Bashi and early rhythm games on the PS1. 

While the game is fun enough it really needs some other form of controller to get the best out of it. It is making me want to get the Gamecube out and  set up Donkey Konga again though. 

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I really enjoyed Nobody Saves the World.

Now playing Death's Door and it’s leaving me utterly cold, think I'll delete it rather than force myself to keep playing in the hope something eventually clicks for me. I know some people adore that game so I think I'll just have to admit it’s one of those that's just not for me.

May try and squeeze in Mass Effect 2 before Horizon Forbidden West comes out.

I was the total opposite. Really enjoyed Death's Door but after about maybe 4-5 hours I think I'm ready to bail on Nobody Saves The World. 

I haven't not enjoyed it but I'm finding it pretty repetitive now. The combat is too shallow to hold my interest and that's really all there is to it. It seems like the big selling point is unlocking the new characters and mix/matching their abilities but the combat pretty fundamentally just seems to be being rushed by groups of enemies in rather mundane randomly generated dungeons.

When I looked at the map and saw I'd only uncovered a quarter of it I felt disappointed I wasn't much further through the game which says a lot really. It seems like lots of people like it but it's not for me and another good example of how freeing Gamepass is when you don't feel obliged to persevere because you dropped 20 quid on something.