IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Shit dropping off on the 15th

Xbox Game Pass is about to lose some heavy hitters. Control, The Medium, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, The Falconeer, Project Winter, and Code Vein will all drop out of Xbox Game Pass on February 15th.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n48549/xbox-game-pass-leaving-soon-february-2022?fbclid=IwAR3ZCPgGI3alWEf7w_aBwPs2SP1UZyK_I1_FXyy1XI4uS_K0S5L5JbmbOkc

8 hours ago, rgraves said:

Has Plague Tale already dropped off - I tried to load that last night and it was giving an error about it no longer being owned....

its still showing on Xbox, and has just loaded for me over cloud gaming.

5 minutes ago, Sane said:

Shame to see Control go, I really want to play it but I definitely have no time for it between now and then. Guess I'll just pick it up in a sale at some point.

The ultimate edition is on sale right NOW for 70% off making it a little over 10 euros. How is that not cheap enough :lol:

23 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Thanks for that - I expect the ultimate edition to appear on gamepass or games with gold soon :) 

That would indeed be cheaper than 70% off :lol: I bought it anyway, because Remedy is one of my favourite developers and Control one my favourite games. And to ensure that your prediction comes to (game) pass of course :)

8 hours ago, cassidy said:

Rather enjoying the new Roguelite action game Dreamscaper so far. 

It's got a different pace and style to it and well worth a go IMO. 

Was eyeing this up earlier, but just started another game so it'll have to wait. Will be interesting to see what other people think as well as may be the next thing I start. 

9 hours ago, Mortis said:

Thanks for that - I expect the ultimate edition to appear on gamepass or games with gold soon :) 

It's so good I bought it twice, so I'm a mug!

21 hours ago, Varsity said:

Was eyeing this up earlier, but just started another game so it'll have to wait. Will be interesting to see what other people think as well as may be the next thing I start. 

I'm hooked to be honest. Been playing it all afternoon to take a break from Yakuza 5 for a bit and that was my afternoon gone.  

17 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is there any way of telling when games are going to leave the service with any more notice than the two week MS give you? I need to know which to prioritise!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/htmlview#gid=0

This Game Pass spreadsheet, and in particular the ‘Likely Leaving’ tab, is a good general guide based on the length of time that individual games have been on the service. No-one knows exactly what the terms are for each game apart from Microsoft and the devs/publishers themselves of course, but I’ve found it handy for prioritising games that I suspect may be on their way out sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/htmlview#gid=0

This Game Pass spreadsheet, and in particular the ‘Likely Leaving’ tab, is a good general guide based on the length of time that individual games have been on the service. No-one knows exactly what the terms are for each game apart from Microsoft and the devs/publishers themselves of course, but I’ve found it handy for prioritising games that I suspect may be on their way out sooner rather than later.

brent-rambo-ok.gif.3f5b652a71cb927583a47863d61c0b58.gif

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

I'm hooked to be honest. Been playing it all afternoon to take a break from Yakuza 5 for a bit and that was my afternoon gone.  

Nice, I'll jump in once I've finished off one of the 3 games I'm working on! Don't like having too many on the go at once lol. 

If anyone is hooked on Taiko btw like I am, the PC version is far superior input wise. 

I've gone from barely clearing songs on Hard to missing full combo's by a few notes. Timing felt well off on Xbox, now I feel like I'm playing properly. 

Some of the charts on the later hard songs are batshit mental though.

37 minutes ago, Varsity said:

If anyone is hooked on Taiko btw like I am, the PC version is far superior input wise. 

They’ve fixed the log-in issue? I wanted to play it on my arcade cabinet (solid Sanwa buttons to smash!), but couldn’t get past the title screen. Even the “fixes” on GitHub didn’t help. But it’s been a few days since I last tried it…

12 hours ago, PikaStu said:

They’ve fixed the log-in issue? I wanted to play it on my arcade cabinet (solid Sanwa buttons to smash!), but couldn’t get past the title screen. Even the “fixes” on GitHub didn’t help. But it’s been a few days since I last tried it…

Yeah, it's fixed ^^ 

Has anyone with the PC version tried Rockband drums? I know it wouldn’t replicate the arcade experience, but it would be cool. Mine’s packed away in the loft somewhere, but I could be tempted to set it up for this!