Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the thing with Gamepass - it’s not just the content itself which is great it’s the delivery, from being able to check stuff out on Xcloud, to how well the games run across the different consoles and PC, and all the enhancements on older games. It really is exceptional. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Glad you’re enjoying it, DQB2 is one of my favourite games - I wish more people here were into it. 
 

What do you think of Infinite btw? 


Not just enjoying it........absolutely loving it! Even starting to warm up to the UI now I’ve had some time with it. Lol. FH5 is sooooo good, graphics are stunning too, reminds me of PGR/MSR and of course the original FH which is the only one I’d played. Tried stuff like Lake which I would never have bought outright but have really enjoyed chilling out with, it’s really relaxing. Dragon Quest Builders 2 I probably wouldn’t have bought unless in a sale, but I played the demo of the first game on Switch and really enjoyed it and so am looking forward to getting stuck into the 2nd one properly.
 

Halo Infinite is a weird one. At first I thought it was really bad, right across the board and was really disappointed but, I  stuck with it and I’m glad I did. I’m a few hours in and the core gameplay, battling with the various enemies is brilliant and got that Halo magic still intact. It’s just everything around it that seems a bit underwhelming. Not sure the switch to an open world format works that well. Need to play more really. Just got that many games on the go now it’s a bit overwhelming! Still blown away by Banjo Nuts and Bolts - looks absolutely incredible and it still plays brilliantly too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a reminder that this is a thread to discuss Game Pass, the games on Game Pass and the Xbox to a certain degree. For those who wish to espouse the PS5 and remark on how much better it is than the Xbox, there is a thread for that kind of talk.

/mod

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CrichStand said:


Not just enjoying it........absolutely loving it! Even starting to warm up to the UI now I’ve had some time with it. Lol. FH5 is sooooo good, graphics are stunning too, reminds me of PGR/MSR and of course the original FH which is the only one I’d played. Tried stuff like Lake which I would never have bought outright but have really enjoyed chilling out with, it’s really relaxing. Dragon Quest Builders 2 I probably wouldn’t have bought unless in a sale, but I played the demo of the first game on Switch and really enjoyed it and so am looking forward to getting stuck into the 2nd one properly.
 

Halo Infinite is a weird one. At first I thought it was really bad, right across the board and was really disappointed but, I  stuck with it and I’m glad I did. I’m a few hours in and the core gameplay, battling with the various enemies is brilliant and got that Halo magic still intact. It’s just everything around it that seems a bit underwhelming. Not sure the switch to an open world format works that well. Need to play more really. Just got that many games on the go now it’s a bit overwhelming! Still blown away by Banjo Nuts and Bolts - looks absolutely incredible and it still plays brilliantly too.

Yeah it’s insane how well the back-cat stuff runs. 
 

And that’s the other thing - everyone says it and it’s true, it gives you the chance to check out stuff you might not have otherwise, and play games you might have passed on but end up really enjoying. 
 

I strongly recommend Hades and Dead Cells btw :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah it’s insane how well the back-cat stuff runs. 
 

And that’s the other thing - everyone says it and it’s true, it gives you the chance to check out stuff you might not have otherwise, and play games you might have passed on but end up really enjoying. 
 

I strongly recommend Hades and Dead Cells btw :)


I’d read that the S has inferior backwards compatibility compared to the X, so was not expecting Banjo to look the way it does. The Banjo Land level is up there with the next gen stuff, it’s looks sweet as a nut!

 

Think it’s one of those things you really need to try for yourself and understand how it impacts the way you play. 100%.....I’ll definitely be more inclined to play stuff that I wouldn’t have touched before. There’s a lot of smaller indie games that I like the look of on there which will be getting downloaded as soon as I get chance plus some games that I wanted to play but would have waited for a sale or got nudged out the picture by the big PS stuff. Now I can just jump straight in using the Xbox/Gamepass.  I also didn’t realise you can get a 3 year sub for £120 or whatever using the trick on here. £40 a year is absolutely nuts! Will be all over that as soon as my £1 sub is up. 
 

Yeah, Hades is one of the games I’ve been waiting to pick up and not got around too. I’ll have to check Dead Cells out too now then! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Well, I decided to go for it. Got a 500GB Xbox One S during my lunch hour so once I set up tonight & sign up for Game Pass we'll see how I get along.  Wish me luck!

 

Dont forget that if you have Ultimate you can stream many games.  Works pretty well for the most part and they'll be the Series versions.  That includes 360 titles that can sometimes be running with fps boost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Well, I decided to go for it. Got a 500GB Xbox One S during my lunch hour so once I set up tonight & sign up for Game Pass we'll see how I get along.  Wish me luck!

 

Meant politely (and prompted by you earlier saying that you'd not had an Xbox before so me wondering how familiar you are with the familiar with the product linage) but are you aware that the One S is one below the One X of the last generation and as such also below the current gen' Series S and X? If you are then great and you'll still get experience the Game Pass greatness (it really is bonkers value / has introduced me to some great games I'd not normally have looked at twice twice) but you'll not get the speed or graphical benefits (some of which are pretty major) of the other machines. 

 

5 hours ago, Jarik said:

I have a load of CEX Credit that I could use to get one of their Xbox One X's & £10 for month for lowest tier of Gamepass seems like a ridiculously good deal.

 

If you think £10 is a ridiculously good deal, then whatever you do be sure to read the first post of this thread as you can get it for waaaaay less than £10 a month, with sub £3-£4 a month for 36 months being easily possible!!

 

Finally if you're not aware of it then Microsoft Rewards is a rather generous (IMO) rewards scheme that with a little time put into it can easily cover the cost of you Game Pass sub going forward, the purchases of games that aren't coming to Game Pass (Eldon Ring for me GET!) and MS hardware :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would only recommend streaming for single player stuff though, even then it seems a bit janky to me, sometimes it disconnects or doesn't work at all. 

 

Hope you enjoy your new venture ^^ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Well, I decided to go for it. Got a 500GB Xbox One S during my lunch hour so once I set up tonight & sign up for Game Pass we'll see how I get along.  Wish me luck!

Enjoy! You are in for a treat... an embarrassment of riches on there. If you are going to do gamepass just bear in mind to do the "Gold conversion trick" you will need to let the GP sub expire before re-subbing. I think the gold sub conversion thing still works on an expired GamePass sub. It did last time for me. Check out the first post on this topic! :) Oh and enjoy.... 

 

(I expect if you picked up your Xbox in a store that it'll probably be the Series S console - the new one with a black fan on the top and no disk drive in it!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, womble9 said:

 

Meant politely (and prompted by you earlier saying that you'd not had an Xbox before so me wondering how familiar you are with the familiar with the product linage) but are you aware that the One S is one below the One X of the last generation and as such also below the current gen' Series S and X? If you are then great and you'll still get experience the Game Pass greatness (it really is bonkers value / has introduced me to some great games I'd not normally have looked at twice twice) but you'll not get the speed or graphical benefits (some of which are pretty major) of the other machines. 

 

 

I did look into it & according to multiple sources although the One X is more powerful the One S has better load times & overall performance due to it's SSD.  The X is also geared more towards higher resolutions & 4K & ATM I only have a 1080p TV.  Add to that the fact it's not really impressive visuals I'm after, just all the games I've missed out on until now.

 

Besides, if Game Pass works out & I decide to keep going with it, I can always upgrade to a Series X/S Later right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jarik said:

 

I did look into it & according to multiple sources although the One X is more powerful the One S has better load times & overall performance due to it's SSD.  The X is also geared more towards higher resolutions & 4K & ATM I only have a 1080p TV.  Add to that the fact it's not really impressive visuals I'm after, just all the games I've missed out on until now.

 

Besides, if Game Pass works out & I decide to keep going with it, I can always upgrade to a Series X/S Later right?

The One S comes in two flavours one with a physical DVD disk drive and one without. Both have a regular HDD not a SSD.

 

Series S / X both have SSDs with something called velocity architecture and quick resume which speeds gaming sessions up considerably. Also the series consoles have the newer Zen 2 processor tech which are (other than a slight clock speed raise in the X) identical. The GPU in the X is upgraded for better 4K performance.

 

Yes you can easily upgrade to any Xbox as everything it tied to your profile so all savings etc are in the cloud!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had a PS5 since launch, two Nintendo Switches and a Virtual Pinball cabinet with hundreds of tables...and definitely not enough time to play them all.

 

But I went ahead and took the plunge on an XBox Series S today....mainly for GamePass.  The service is amazing and I'm currently in the process of downloading around 80 games!

 

Pumped to get into Forza Horizon 5 first and foremost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew I was tripping over myself trying to keep it all straight. :(

 

Short version:  I decided to go for a One S with a Small Hard Drive just to get a foot in the door.  If I like it here, I'll start ordering the more expensive (And therefore more comfortable) furniture. ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Omizzay said:

I've had a PS5 since launch, two Nintendo Switches and a Virtual Pinball cabinet with hundreds of tables...and definitely not enough time to play them all.

 

But I went ahead and took the plunge on an XBox Series S today....mainly for GamePass.  The service is amazing and I'm currently in the process of downloading around 80 games!

 

Pumped to get into Forza Horizon 5 first and foremost.

Indeed... you'll end up with paralysis of choice though! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jarik said:

I knew I was tripping over myself trying to keep it all straight. :(

 

Short version:  I decided to go for a One S with a Small Hard Drive just to get a foot in the door.  If I like it here, I'll start ordering the more expensive (And therefore more comfortable) furniture. ;)

 

S is no bad choice so don't beat yourself up! :) So long as you didn't pay near the £250 mark for it. However if you did get the S with a drive at least you can still pick up and use physical media for it! So pros and cons with everything I guess! TBH whichever Xbox you use with GP there is plenty of fun and entertainment to be had... it will serve you well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jarik said:

I knew I was tripping over myself trying to keep it all straight. :(

 

Short version:  I decided to go for a One S with a Small Hard Drive just to get a foot in the door.  If I like it here, I'll start ordering the more expensive (And therefore more comfortable) furniture. ;)

 

One S or Series S? You say small hard drive so I assume/hope you mean Series S. That's the really cheap one with excellent performance and which plays all current gen games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, carlospie said:

So buy the code, then set VPN to Turkey, then go to the MS site to redeem the code, right? Do I log into my MS account before activating the VPN or after? (Probably a stilupid question.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gabe said:

So buy the code, then set VPN to Turkey, then go to the MS site to redeem the code, right? Do I log into my MS account before activating the VPN or after? (Probably a stilupid question.) 

Buy code, load vpn to Turkey, go wbe browser and Google redeem Microsoft code, will take you to Turkey site if vpn has worked. Redeem all codes. Turn off Vpn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Buy code, load vpn to Turkey, go wbe browser and Google redeem Microsoft code, will take you to Turkey site if vpn has worked. Redeem all codes. Turn off Vpn. 

Thanks - I've only just noticed that it is actually Xbox Live rather than gamepass (which would've been stupidly cheap and why I got excited!) Good to know for future reference though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jarik said:

I knew I was tripping over myself trying to keep it all straight. :(

 

Short version:  I decided to go for a One S with a Small Hard Drive just to get a foot in the door.  If I like it here, I'll start ordering the more expensive (And therefore more comfortable) furniture. ;)

 

 

Easily done, I remember when they announced the names the of the upcoming Series S and Series X (when there was already a One S and One X on the market) people were saying that it could possibly lead to consumer confusion :wacko:. I didn't personally think it would but then I was very familiar with the model range and when you're in the know about something it can be hard to see it from an outsiders perspective.

 

The main thing is you've got an Xbox and yes it'll be a great way to access Game Pass but if you do find that the games aren't looking too special (including the frame rates which the One X and Series machines both improve on) and if you perhaps find the UI a little slow / loading times a tad long, then you can indeed invest in new hardware and (using your existing subscription) then enjoy the benefits that come with it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love that EA games are part of gamepass. They get tons of criticism from the proper fans but as a filthy noob I'm having a great time with the latest madden and NHL games. The right stick controls on NHL are awesome! Also NBA live 19 is a decent freebie too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.