Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

5 minutes ago, Majora said:

I don't think it's actually coming to Gamepass either

I thought it was coming tomorrow! Lol

It was shown in the E3 2019 Gamepass showcase. And all those games on that have came to GP. Although I can't find any solid confirmation.

I mentioned it in the Xbox thread but probably best here, CrossFireX hits tomorrow. Mutliplayer Is F2P anyway but one of the two campaigns will be on Gamepass (the other will have to be bought weirdly).

I said it in the other thread, more hyped over the fact Remedy developed the campaign so it should be decent.

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Does Crossfire X have a max payne bullet time button ?

Or will it just have a shonky framerate ?

I think I have seen references to bullet time being present in this.

Interesting vid on this game where it talks about hands on impressions from other outlets comparing it to 360 era shooters or even Black. I don't think I mind that, and it looks a visual feast.

3 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Cant seem to download the Single player yet? (Operation catalyst) - only let me download the multiplayer standalone.  Anyone any success yet?

There is an official status update from Microsoft acknowledging the issue.

19 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Cant seem to download the Single player yet? (Operation catalyst) - only let me download the multiplayer standalone.  Anyone any success yet?

I’ve managed to download the single-player campaign, this morning.

Well, set up the One S, created a Live ID & signed up for Game Pass & it's all been seamless so far.  I've filled the Hard Drive with a buffet of all the Indie games I've wanted to try but was not sure if I'd like (Hades, Stardew Valley, Among Us, Etc.) as well as couple of larger classic games that I remember liking & would love to play again (Fallout New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII-2).  I've also put the Master Chief Collection & Gears of War on there, because of course.  Pretty sure you can't have an Xbox & not have those, it's like a law or something.

I've been quietly impressed with the Xbox/Game Pass interface & how easy it is to manage lists & downloads.  IMO Microsoft's long experience with such things have allowed them to make it much more streamlined & refined than other systems I've used to date.

Haven't had a chance to play much so far, but there's no rush.  I'm pretty sure all that will last me a while.

The multiplayer in this is getting absolutely slaughtered over at era. 

Not tried it yet but each mode only has one map? And I'm reading tons of other issues. 

I'm only interested in the remedy single player so will wait until that's available. 

Word is that the single player campaign is shit as well and it feels like something Remedy knocked out to fulfill a contract and get some bills paid. Remedy and MS have been pretty silent about this considering it's an exclusive so the writing was probably always on the wall.

Blimey its 54GB! I was going to donwload it just to give it a try, but not wasting all that badwidth on something it sound I'll be delting after about 10 minutes.  People online are saying its about an hour and a half long  and even taken as a cheap and cheerful work for hire its waaaaaay below the standard you'd expect from Remedy, the multiplayer is supposed to be hot garbage. Anyone going to take one for the team and let us know what the campaign is like.

I'm downloading Telling Lies instead.

I've been playing Crossfire X Multiplayer. I'm enjoying it for all the wrong reasons, it's absolute shit and busted beyond belief.

See, once you farm up some XP you can purchase an upgrade called the boogieman. He has 600 regenerating HP, dual SMGs that he's more accurate at range than any normal character with a rifle, and unfathomably overpowered. New players don't know how to get this and are mown down en masse. I had 50 kills and three deaths in one round.

Not just the balance though, it gets some interesting things wrong. The aim acceleration goes from 0-60 in the blink of an eye, so when you're trying to make a slight nudge to your aim so that you can centre someone on sight, you'll likely wind up looking behind you. It's apparently the most played shooter in the world, and it's easily one of the worst ever conceived.

It's amazing. I'm glad I'm here to see it.

On 08/02/2022 at 18:36, carlospie said:

Buy code, load vpn to Turkey, go wbe browser and Google redeem Microsoft code, will take you to Turkey site if vpn has worked. Redeem all codes. Turn off Vpn. 

Sorry to quote you directly calospie, but can someone help me with this.

I've bought 3 x Turkey 12 month Gold codes from Eneba. I've opened Nord VPN and clicked Turkey, then I've gone to redeem code.

Do I just put all 3 in there straight off? I seem to remember something about turning recurring billing off somewhere, as it gives you a free month and pushes it over the 3 years max you can do. So where do I find the option to turn it off?

Thanks for any help.

29 minutes ago, JPL said:

Sorry to quote you directly calospie, but can someone help me with this.

I've bought 3 x Turkey 12 month Gold codes from Eneba. I've opened Nord VPN and clicked Turkey, then I've gone to redeem code.

Do I just put all 3 in there straight off? I seem to remember something about turning recurring billing off somewhere, as it gives you a free month and pushes it over the 3 years max you can do. So where do I find the option to turn it off?

Thanks for any help.

. Redeem your Live Gold codes on the MS Site - click on your user icon at the top right of the page, click the "..." at the bottom of the drop down menu and select "Redeem code." IMPORTANT: each time you do this, UNSELECT the auto-renew option, otherwise you'll get some free months added which will make it impossible to redeem your third code (you can't stack more than three years' worth).

Just now, carlospie said:

. Redeem your Live Gold codes on the MS Site - click on your user icon at the top right of the page, click the "..." at the bottom of the drop down menu and select "Redeem code." IMPORTANT: each time you do this, UNSELECT the auto-renew option, otherwise you'll get some free months added which will make it impossible to redeem your third code (you can't stack more than three years' worth).

Thanks. I went through redeem.microsoft.com and there’s no option on there to turn off recurring billing. Luckily, I must have turned it off in the past, so it’s all sorted now.

6 hours ago, Jarik said:

Well, set up the One S, created a Live ID & signed up for Game Pass & it's all been seamless so far.  I've filled the Hard Drive with a buffet of all the Indie games I've wanted to try but was not sure if I'd like (Hades, Stardew Valley, Among Us, Etc.) as well as couple of larger classic games that I remember liking & would love to play again (Fallout New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII-2).  I've also put the Master Chief Collection & Gears of War on there, because of course.  Pretty sure you can't have an Xbox & not have those, it's like a law or something.

I've been quietly impressed with the Xbox/Game Pass interface & how easy it is to manage lists & downloads.  IMO Microsoft's long experience with such things have allowed them to make it much more streamlined & refined than other systems I've used to date.

Haven't had a chance to play much so far, but there's no rush.  I'm pretty sure all that will last me a while.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted and that is indeed a fine selection that you've picked there and you're reminded me that I really must give Hades a go some time!

You're also right (IMO) about it being a slick setup / UI. Be sure to take a look at the (mobile) Xbox App and Game Pass App's too as they offer remote installation, give you details as to games joining and leaving Game Pass and also allow you to take a look at your consoles HDD to see if you've got room to add stuff and if not then remotely delete games (plus a load more features) all for the comfort of your commute / bed / bath etc :)!!

Just played crossfire x. It looks like a 360 game, it plays like a 360 game. Admittedly it’s not bugged like a 360 game but that’s only because 360 games mostly came out in good shape, this is atrocious.