IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Nice to see they're pushing through the XBox PC App update that doesn't tie games to UWP ownership bollocks, too. I've only had problems with the app a couple of times due to how it ties up permissions, but it's something I'll be glad to see the back of.

Shame Surge 2 is going away, but I guess it will show up on another service soon before I realise I'm awful at Soulslikes again. Everyone should play Nier Automata as a priority, but the Steam version's updated after an age.

I bought Kentucky Route Zero nearly two years ago and have only ever played one episode. I'm glad it exists but I just never ever feel in the mood for playing it.

Will give Guardians a shot when I'm done with Elden Ring in about 20 years time.

I recall people saying that this month probably wouldn't be a notable month for game pass - what with all those big titles coming out. I agreed. But I guess Microsoft didn't :lol:

I already have it all, but let me emphasize that GotG is really great. Give it a few missions and the character and story will start to shine. A fantastic experience.

30 minutes ago, Majora said:

I bought Kentucky Route Zero nearly two years ago and have only ever played one episode. I'm glad it exists but I just never ever feel in the mood for playing it.

Will give Guardians a shot when I'm done with Elden Ring in about 20 years time.

I've bought KRZ twice. Steam somehow screwed by purchase up, so when it came to PS5 I picked it up and played through it. I loved what it was trying to do but it really drags in places, to the extent that I couldn't recommend you to persevere. 

Can't wait for more of you to discover just how great GOTG is. 

Not so much for me due to my newly discovered addiction to Elderly rings. Look it's a bad day I need my humour to be as base as possible. 

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that this [GOTG] will be on GamePass within 6 months, so may give it a try then.

spacer.png

Admittedly you didn't need to be Nostradamus tp see this one coming.

Playing Flight Simulator in the cloud makes a lot of sense, given that it's streaming most of the data anyway and that updating the game is an ungodly faff. Although not being able to quick resume will mean a lot of waiting through the C64-esque initial load. 

I said it in the thread, but Kentucky Route Zero is like that high-brow European arthouse film that you keep meaning to watch but are never in the mood for, but once you do you’re really glad you did. 

I’m not even sure I enjoyed it at the time and even fell asleep playing it once or twice but I’m really glad I stuck with it as it lingers in the brain and I think of it often. 

It’s funny, we often see the term “perfect for gamepass” but this game is like the antithesis of that, as I would never have stuck with it if i didn’t pay for it.

I can see it featuring heavily in the “abandoned games” thread.

1 hour ago, Talvalin said:

I was thinking about buying GotG so I'm glad that I can save my budget for another game instead (Stranger's Wrath HD perhaps?)

Cool, I've been hoping Stranger's Wrath would also come to Game Pass so I would be thankful if you made it happen by buying it :)

21 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Guardians of the Galaxy!

Which forum hero literally just bought this to make this possible?

From day one I think most people thought it would end up on the service - it's why I didn't bite on the recent 50% off, certainly.

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

706982D4-74D5-43A7-9486-854FEDC6854D.gif

Paid full price. Digital copy. Used a bunch of MS Points to get a tenner off. :facepalm:

Worth every penny! You won't regret it come the end.

I'm also pleased about GotG. I thought it would come, but didn't think it would be so soon.

Like others, I tried KRZ for a couple of hours but it would literally send me to sleep. I'm sure it's very cool and good once you get into it, but I couldn't carry on with it.

The new FAR game looks good, too.

Too many games, and I'm still going to be playing Elden Ring for next few months by the sounds of it.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Just popping in to say ...

YOU SHOULD ALL PLAY

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

How superhero-ish is it? I'm sick of most comic book stuff now but if it's closer to Mass Effect than typical Marvel than I'll give it a go.

I think a lot of people are going to be let down by GOTG, considering the praise it gets here.

I still need to finish it off. 

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

How superhero-ish is it? I'm sick of most comic book stuff now but if it's closer to Mass Effect than typical Marvel than I'll give it a go.

This won't change your mind, and the Mass Effect comparisons mystify me a little. With one very particular exception and some smaller ones, it's a very linear Marvel tale. But the Guardians are arguably better than the movie ones. It's a fantastic story and worth playing for that if nothing else.

Also, don't listen to someone who literally pisses in xboxes as a hobby. ;)

4 hours ago, Thor said:

This won't change your mind, and the Mass Effect comparisons mystify me a little. With one very particular exception and some smaller ones, it's a very linear Marvel tale. But the Guardians are arguably better than the movie ones. It's a fantastic story and worth playing for that if nothing else.

Also, don't listen to someone who literally pisses in xboxes as a hobby. ;)

🤣

It's an ok game btw.