Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

22 minutes ago, theredstar said:

It’s on PlayStation Now.

I'm sure it was coming to GP as well. Although I googled it and got nothing. 

I was totally convinced it was. Tempted to just buy it using points but no doubt it will come to GP eventually

I'm not even interested in the game but I thought it was coming to Game Pass too - I thought it was shown on one of their slides for stuff that was coming over 2032 and beyond (when all the Final Fantasy's when on there too). 

Just finished The Procession to Calvary and pissed myself laughing all the way through it. The funniest, most absurd game I've ever played. If you like point-and-click adventures, and want to play something that looks and feels like the little animated skits Monty Python used to produce, then give it a go.

For 75% of Guardians its the best game i've ever played but just didn't bother finishing it?

Jazzed for Final Fantasy 13 and a 3rd today. Absolutely rinsed the first two, thought they were great, especially the battle system. But this and new Destiny and Edam Ring and GT7 its simply too much.

Has there been any inidcation of the date GotG wll drop. Don't want to start anything to long if its going to be real soon.

Tried Far Changing Tides, thought it was a watching paint dry siimulator.

On 03/03/2022 at 12:56, Garwoofoo said:

Just finished The Procession to Calvary and pissed myself laughing all the way through it. The funniest, most absurd game I've ever played. If you like point-and-click adventures, and want to play something that looks and feels like the little animated skits Monty Python used to produce, then give it a go.

I really enjoyed it for about 20 minutes, then released I hate the gameplay of point and click adventures.  But would still recommend!

I stopped 3 or so hours in. GOTG is absolutely fantastic at everything but being a game. The combat is just awful. Every battle your effectively in a small circle arena spamming bullets. No environmental factors. No interesting mechanics. No depth. I'm tempted to go back and switch to either the easiest setting or the hardest - because the characters and the story and the art is just fantastic.

4 hours ago, LaveDisco said:

I stopped 3 or so hours in. GOTG is absolutely fantastic at everything but being a game. The combat is just awful. Every battle your effectively in a small circle arena spamming bullets. No environmental factors. No interesting mechanics. No depth. I'm tempted to go back and switch to either the easiest setting or the hardest - because the characters and the story and the art is just fantastic.

This. Its a 7/10 at best for me. 

I just followed the advice on the first page. All paid up until 07/04/2025 for game pass ultimate. 

I will admit to be a little nervous at spending almost £130 on codes and then worrying I would do something wrong or it would not work. It is insane really, that at the cost of 3 new AAA releases at the very most, not even 2 if you buy digital PS 5 games! yet it gets me 3 years of game pass.

Absolutely crazy value for your money considering how good the service already is and that is before all the studios Microsoft have acquired have even really launched games onto the service.

On 03/03/2022 at 12:56, Garwoofoo said:

I really enjoyed this as well. Not challenging at all to get through but really funny start to finish. I thought the art style was great as well. And I've always hated monty python.

It's also a handy for your daily 50 points, if you do the Rewards Points thing, since the achievements are nicely spread out through it. 

13 hours ago, Mallet said:

I just followed the advice on the first page. All paid up until 07/04/2025 for game pass ultimate. 

I will admit to be a little nervous at spending almost £130 on codes and then worrying I would do something wrong or it would not work. It is insane really, that at the cost of 3 new AAA releases at the very most, not even 2 if you buy digital PS 5 games! yet it gets me 3 years of game pass.

Absolutely crazy value for your money considering how good the service already is and that is before all the studios Microsoft have acquired have even really launched games onto the service.

Are there not any worries about Microsoft not making enough money if lots of people do this?

Making AAA games and paying the other publishers for game pass games must cost a few bob. 

6 minutes ago, Barnard said:

Are there not any worries about Microsoft not making enough money if lots of people do this?

Making AAA games and paying the other publishers for game pass games must cost a few bob. 

I doubt causal gamers even know about it, the two X Box owners at my work were both paying full price for their Gamepass subscription and they are pretty big gamers.

6 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

I doubt causal gamers even know about it, the two X Box owners at my work were both paying full price for their Gamepass subscription and they are pretty big gamers.

Yeah it's one of those things people on the internet like to use as a stick to beat Gamepass's success with ('how many of the 20+ million subscribers paid £1 for three years? Just asking questions. From a concerned gamer') but in reality it's a pretty niche thing. When you have loads of people on forums like this needing to ask how it works or saying they had never heard of it then then I think it's fair to say it probably hasn't penetrated the consciousness of the general public. 

People also tend to have a warped view of the churn rate of subscription services. Subs for streaming services tend to be very sticky. Again, you listen to the vocal minority and you would think that everyone subscribes to Gamepass/Netflix/Disney+ for the latest big release and then immediately unsubscribes the second they've finished it. The reality is very different which is why practically every online service has a subs model now. Most people don't micro-manage their subscriptions in that way.

Yeah I think it's only people like us who spend hours on gaming forums every week that even know about the conversion deal. Most will simply pay full price each month and even at that price it is good value. 

The deal has been in place for quite some time now and you can bet your mortgage that Microsoft are aware of it. They must consider it is worth allowing the conversion deal to stay open otherwise they could put an end to it overnight. 

Microsoft are obviously playing the long game here, they are looking 10, 15 or even 20 years down the line I think. 

23 hours ago, LaveDisco said:

I didn't find the story all that interesting or the characterisation. The original film, of course takes a rag-tag bunch of misfits who are all at each other's throats and towards the end of the film, they all learn to love and respect each other. That's kinda duplicated here but elogated over the coarse of hours and hours and hours and they bicker and complain and fight constantly with no let up. I found it absolutely fatiguing and souring. 

I was far more into the actual gameplay, which is rudamentory but fun. It is the most 7/10 thing ever but beautified. 

The gameplay does have a little more to it the further in you get as you unlock more stuff for the other characters to do, but the combat is only ever 'servicable' really. And yes, the characters do bicker quite a bit (they do in the movies too, so this is a strange complaint), but don't all families and friends bicker? And that's what you see here, a disparate group seemingly at odds with each other eventually becoming a family that really care for each other. The tale is really well done. I've said it before, there's a reason this game won awards for its narrative. 

Is there some way to have my Game Pass password different to all my other Microsoft logins? 

I don't really use the PC Game Pass stuff, other than for daily Reward Points, but my brother would. I just don't want to give him the password for my Hotmail account and the like... 

I know some people feel that if you have a decent PC then it's pointless having an Xbox as well considering all first party games get released on PC plus the PC has game pass.  

I don't agree though.

There are some games I just want to play on my couch, on a big TV with my surround sound. Games such as Forza, Yakuza, JRPGS, platformers or Guardians of the Galaxy. However I would much rather sit at my desk with mouse and keyboard to play something like Doom, Dishonoured or Prey and I most definitely prefer to play strategy games on the PC.

Now you could just move your PC to the lounge or stream the games to your TV over a local network but I think it's much more convenient to simply have an Xbox under the TV and your PC in the study. Thanks to game pass you don't need to buy separate versions of the games, your achievements are all in the same eco system and it's all covered with game pass ultimate.

I'm genuinely excited to see how game pass grows in the future because as far as I can see it's only going to get better, what a great time for gaming.

Still working my way through the Game List & enjoying every minute.  Gamepass really is the best deal in gaming ATM IMO.

I haven't used the Gamepass app on my phone much, just to curate lists really, but during some downtime at work I did try the 'Cloud Play on Phone' function with Bridge Constructor Portal.  It worked, insofar as the game loaded pretty quickly, but I found the touch controls almost completely unusable.  I do have a mobile controller with a phone grip but it's not one the phone recognizes automatically & so  the Gamepass app doesn't see it either.

Is it worth trying to find a compatible controller for this though?  Something like Bridge Constructor Portal would seem to work well, but what about more intensive games?  Is this a feature that others use that much?

I'm getting a Series S and I'm wondering if I will be able to download Forza 7 for it as I already grabbed that from Gamepass for PC. Will this mean I can get it for Series S|X or has that ship sailed? Thanks.