IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

1 hour ago, idiwa said:

I'm getting a Series S and I'm wondering if I will be able to download Forza 7 for it as I already grabbed that from Gamepass for PC. Will this mean I can get it for Series S|X or has that ship sailed? Thanks.

Cancel game pass for pc. Sign up for game pass ultimate for 1 quid for 3 years by using the conversion trick in the first post of this thread. Ultimate is both pc and console and is far cheaper than just game pass for pc by using this trick

1 hour ago, idiwa said:

I'm getting a Series S and I'm wondering if I will be able to download Forza 7 for it as I already grabbed that from Gamepass for PC. Will this mean I can get it for Series S|X or has that ship sailed? Thanks.

If you didn't buy it it's a dead duck, the game's been delisted. You can still get it from CDKeys though https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=forza 7

Currently playing Alice: Madness Returns & it struck me that while it's not that great I don't feel the same obligation to like it & wring every drop from it that I would've had I bought the game, either new or pre-owned.  I'll probably see it through to the end because I like the story, game world & gameplay, but once I've had my fill I'll delete it & move on.

24 minutes ago, Mallet said:

Should you play Halo CE first as it's the first game released or play Halo Reach as it is a prequel?

Timeline vs release order. A quandary for the ages. I would personally say release order for Halo. The first Halo's great and I don't think you're going to get anything from the plot by knowing what happens in Reach first unless you're prepared to read a lot of Halo novels as well.

Definitely Halo CE first. A lot of the fun of that game is the way it just drops you into an evolving situation and is quite enigmatic in terms of its backstory and setting. The series lost something when it started over-explaining everything, and starting with Reach would kind of spoil things a bit. 

Also, the mechanics (dual wielding, abilities) evolve over the course of the series so it’ll flow more naturally if you play them in release order. 

My impressions of Guardians of the Galaxy is that it’s a really good Marvel themed walking simulator that looks wonderful but unfortunately keeps getting interrupted by a ropey licensed third-person shooter from the early 360 era. When I'm playing it I constantly have the nagging feeling that I’d enjoy the experience more if I could just watch an animated CGI film by the same team instead.

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

My impressions of Guardians of the Galaxy is that it’s a really good Marvel themed walking simulator that looks wonderful but unfortunately keeps getting interrupted by a ropey licensed third-person shooter from the early 360 era. When I'm playing it I constantly have the nagging feeling that I’d enjoy the experience more if I could watch an animated CGI film by the same team instead.

I loved it but will agree that the combat became samey very quickly. The story and quips kept it going for me and it was so easy to pick up and play for an odd half hour it felt genuinely refreshing. 

11 hours ago, Jarik said:

Currently playing Alice: Madness Returns & it struck me that while it's not that great I don't feel the same obligation to like it & wring every drop from it that I would've had I bought the game, either new or pre-owned.  I'll probably see it through to the end because I like the story, game world & gameplay, but once I've had my fill I'll delete it & move on.

Alice gets loads better as it progresses (particularly from the 3rd world onwards and the dark conclusion to the story really needs to be seen) so I’d highly recommend you continue.

Sod trying to get all the collectibles mind, it’s one of my favourite games ever and I’ve finished it 3 times but never been arsed with that rubbish!

Conversely I thought Alice was painfully boring, with every level taking far too long to get through to get to the good bits - the hub stuff between the different levels. The story was good from what I remember though, which was the only reason I kept going - a hate playthrough, if you like.

I played through Alice Madness Returns a few weeks back and it was as much fun as back in the day. Holds up really well and if anything it was refreshing to play this kind of game again. Don't make them like this nowadays. The story's great and I loved making my way through the increasingly inventive levels. A really dark ending too, wonderful stuff.

13 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Alice gets loads better as it progresses (particularly from the 3rd world onwards and the dark conclusion to the story really needs to be seen) so I’d highly recommend you continue.

Sod trying to get all the collectibles mind, it’s one of my favourite games ever and I’ve finished it 3 times but never been arsed with that rubbish!

The Levels do seem to getting more inventive as the game progresses & I find I'm driven to see what's next as the path & story winds around & though them.

I agree on the collectible front.  I look for secret paths just because I want to & don't sweat the ones I miss.  The memories don't appear to reveal much I didn't already know & the bottles appear to be completely useless.

I'm enjoying GoTG, the art and colours are great and so far fairly varied in terms of style. Combat seems a bit messy, why is it a thing now to slow down combat as you search a menu rather than pause it? All quite stressful now as a old man.

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm enjoying GoTG, the art and colours are great and so far fairly varied in terms of style. Combat seems a bit messy, why is it a thing now to slow down combat as you search a menu rather than pause it? All quite stressful now as a old man.

You can change the guardian powers menu so that it pauses gameplay rather than slowing down time - though it still isn't an instant pause, which annoys me far more than it should. 

Speaking as someone who's gotten more out of indie & older games than i have 'AAA' over the past few years. Gamepass certainly seems to be a bounty of riches.

(I really hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that)

Zero Escape: TNG is absolutely brilliant, and I fully recommend giving it a go after my own experience playing the whole trilogy last year (this pack includes the first two in the series, which are pretty much the best).

I'll give Shredders a go, it's been a while since I last played a good snowboarding game.

15 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is an immersive experience hampered by an average game. Would work much better as an rpg.

I'm quite enjoying the combat and I'm up to chapter 5 so not that far from the end. What's wrong with it? Seems to be a fun, light blaster with funny limit type breaks thrown in.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

I'm quite enjoying the combat and I'm up to chapter 5 so not that far from the end. What's wrong with it? Seems to be a fun, light blaster with funny limit type breaks thrown in.

Absolutely nothing if you're enjoying it and having fun. 

5 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

The limit breaks are great fun. It’s the running in circles with your pop gun that could do with some more depth.

But yeah, it’s fun, if a little repetitive.