IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

12 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

I got my hopes up thinking this is a remake of the Snes version, but after googling it seems like it's some later Pc ones. Do they play similar at all? 

They're isometric at least but feature turn-based combat. The atmosphere is on par with the snes game, if not better in case of Dragonfall and Hong Kong. The first game, Returns, takes place after the snes games and features a lot of references to that game. Dragonfall, the second one, is the best with a fantastic story. But all three are worth playing if you liked the setting of the Snes game.

Quick question but does the 3 years of GamePass for a £1 (plus 3x 12 month gold) guide from the opening post still work? I've never had Gamepass and my Gold has just expired 

39 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Quick question but does the 3 years of GamePass for a £1 (plus 3x 12 month gold) guide from the opening post still work? I've never had Gamepass and my Gold has just expired 

Yep, get three 12 month cards, load up and the option to convert for £1 will be somewhere on the dash.

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yep, get three 12 month cards, load up and the option to convert for £1 will be somewhere on the dash.

Sweet, cheers. Is cdkeys still the go to place for Live? 

6 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Sweet, cheers. Is cdkeys still the go to place for Live? 

Usually although some places like ShopTo have codes as well. CDKeys tend to be the cheapest or at least have parity with everywhere else.

Just completed The Pedestrian. The game it reminds me of most is probably The Witness. Short 2d puzzle game about a stickman with a cool meta later to it.

It's brilliant and should have way more love on rllmuk than it has currently. Perfect post-Elden Ring fare for me.

Check out The Pedestrian on Xbox Game Pass!

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NTX07HR22TG

Thread here:

To temper that slightly — I wouldn't liken it too much to The Witness, as that was a game that was willing to throw you in at the deep end from the very start and have you work to even understand its rules; something reflected in its slightly opaque open world. The Pedestrian, by contrast, is at pains to guide you through its systems, which I found made its puzzles feel quite, well, pedestrian.

Definitely worth a try for free, though, and I very much enjoyed the visual design and concept. And, yes, a perfect Elden Ring wind down game!

I finished The Forgotten City as my first post Elden Ring game. It’s short but has a very engaging story. Nice to be able to stroll about, unravelling the mystery via NPC conversions and not being stalked by death at every turn. Well worth a blast imo.

Nothing really taking my fancy on GP at the mo so I thought I'd give PGA golf a go. Spent a couple of hours on it tonight and beyond some annoying bits with the putting (I just don't get how to hit it to the hole 🤣) ended up having loads of fun. Got that Bass Fishing game to try tomorrow.

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

It's... working again. Did 100 moves in Gorogoa for the quest and found myself enjoying it and just kept going. Via cloud, perfect for this sort of game.

Gorogoa is a great laid back puzzle game. One of it's great assets is that you only need what is in front of you to progress, which means that it can very easily be dipped in and out of.

5 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Gorogoa is a great laid back puzzle game. One of it's great assets is that you only need what is in front of you to progress, which means that it can very easily be dipped in and out of.

Yeah, I loved the way it just dropped you into the game. I was like hang on, this doesn't look like the screenshots, or at least the little thumbnails I was squinting at. But then you do a couple of things and suddenly mega lightbulbs go off in your head and you realize how clever it is.

Tried playing that Turnip tax game that's been added but it kept crashing even after a few restarts. Only good thing about it is it gives out 3 achievements in the first few minutes just by talking to vegetables. So a plus if you want some easy points.

9 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Tried playing that Turnip tax game that's been added but it kept crashing even after a few restarts. Only good thing about it is it gives out 3 achievements in the first few minutes just by talking to vegetables. So a plus if you want some easy points.

I just played this too, got about 6 achievements in 10 mins before it crashed!

I know I've said previously I'd only get normal GP, not ultimate, if the deal trick ever stops working. But I did the 500 point reward thing last night by getting an achievement in Streets of Rage 4 via cloud and it was perfect. No pixelating, lag, or obviously any install. It's just better every time I use it.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

I was going to keep saving for months but with talk of price increases I'm going to buy 3 month membership as soon as possible. Went a bit mad last month and bought a load of games.

Why buy loads of games when you can buy 3 years of Ultimate for far less

Finished Telling Lies the other day. Not a fan of interactive movies but this one was relatively well acted and intriguing enough to keep going.

The gimmick around searching for videos with keywords (on a fake desktop) is cool to start with but becomes stale quickly. Rewinding videos is painfully slow!

Also had to use a guide to finish it as it became near impossible to find videos I hadn't watched in the end. Easy cheevos though.

23 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Finished Telling Lies the other day. Not a fan of interactive movies but this one was relatively well acted and intriguing enough to keep going.

The gimmick around searching for videos with keywords (on a fake desktop) is cool to start with but becomes stale quickly. Rewinding videos is painfully slow!

Also had to use a guide to finish it as it became near impossible to find videos I hadn't watched in the end. Easy cheevos though.

Did you manage to get the Solitaire achievement? I played and played and never unlocked it.

On 23/04/2022 at 19:42, Mr Do 71 said:

Did you manage to get the Solitaire achievement? I played and played and never unlocked it.

I did, took a few attempts. It's a troll anyway as you cannot actually finish a full game, there is always a King missing.

Telling Lies is brilliant, maybe not quite at the level of Barlow's other earlier game Her Story, but as a palette cleanser for his upcoming IMMORTALITY, it is perfect. 

Barlow is the king of FMV games.

Her Story is magnificent, and I think his take on the medium is fantastic, but I still have a massive soft-spot for the "traditional" approach to FMV games, where things play out like a particularly cheap B-movie between gameplay. There's a lot to of fun to be had with the approach taken by e.g. Access's Tex Murphy games (or even Westwood's use of cheesy FMV as a reward for progressing through their post-Dune 2 90s strategy games), and it saddens me a little that we haven't seen much of a resurgence in that front!