Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Was just reading about You Suck at Parking in the new issue of Wireframe. So glad to be able to check that out, particularly given that I don't really care for multiplayer and feel like that's its focus even if there is a good single player element

Outright Games seem to put everything on Game Pass these days. It's easy to sneer at all the Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig games but they're actually pretty decent for helping very young kids learn how to use controllers.

45 minutes ago, Quest said:

Outright Games seem to put everything on Game Pass these days. It's easy to sneer at all the Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig games but they're actually pretty decent for helping very young kids learn how to use controllers.

Absolutely. My four year old loves the Paw Patrol games. I also pretend I’ve bought her a new game for good behaviour when they get added, cos I’m such a top dad.

Will find an opportunity to wheel out DC League Of Superpets after her first week at school. :D

Business Idea: When a game drops on GP, offer the chance to gamers to pay £30 for it so that they can then play it and feel "invested". Maybe collect their account details so if they download it without first paying us, we delete it.

51 minutes ago, cassidy said:

If anyone on here hasn't used their month of paramount plus perk and have the code it would be marvellous if I could have a spare code. Asking for a friend.

I had a look and it's fallen off my perks :(

So, Disney Dreamlight Valley. Lifesim nonsense with Disney trappings. I mean, it's 'free' so wjhy wouldn't I give it a go?

56 minutes ago, cassidy said:

If anyone on here hasn't used their month of paramount plus perk and have the code it would be marvellous if I could have a spare code. Asking for a friend.

I don't know where you are but here in Truss' Blighty they're giving a month away with Thai Sweet Chilli Walkers Sensations at the moment. The small bags! You can get the first series of Halo with a drink and a sandwich for £3!

21 hours ago, Rayn said:

I was expecting Deathloop this month

20 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

They haven't even announced that an Xbox port even exists! 

I expect that the terms of the original contract would preclude the announcement of a port until the exclusivity period is up, and google thinks the game hasn't quite been out a year yet. 

13 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I wonder if Sony get first refusal to extend the exclusivity. 

I expect they do, but I would be surprised if it would be worth doing at this point for any data driven reason.

18 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

I don't know where you are but here in Truss' Blighty they're giving a month away with Thai Sweet Chilli Walkers Sensations at the moment. The small bags! You can get the first series of Halo with a drink and a sandwich for £3!

I'm the UK but don't tend to buy crisps. Will keep an eye out. 

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

The new Disney game is really good for kids. My 6 and 8 year old have took turns on it this evening.

How does the building and making work with multiple people? Is it like Animal Crossing where only the first person in gets a say?

18 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Played the tutorial and first set of Magnum Opus levels. Lovely stuff. Feels a bit easier to get on with than Spacechem so far but I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed soon enough.

Funnily enough Spacechem is still the only Zachtronics game that's ever really clicked with me. 

As an aside, the iPad version of Spacechem was the best one, but sadly it was 32-bit only (and long since delisted, even if you still have a 32-bit iPad). There's a version for Android tablets but it's not the same, and worse. Ported by different people, I think. 

On 07/09/2022 at 21:06, tnman said:

How does the building and making work with multiple people? Is it like Animal Crossing where only the first person in gets a say?

I don't know what this means?

You clean up town and do missions for Disney people and they all live in little houses 

7 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Another shout out for Tinykins. Lovely litte game, and certainly worth a try if you have any interest in 3D platformers.

It's just fun to play and boy they have nailed their camera control/ 3d space movement.