Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Been looking forward to Slime Rancher 2 for ages but not sure what "Game Preview" is going to mean. I'm not sure I want all my anticipation spoiled by playing an unfinished buggy version and waiting for them to drip-feed the rest of the game. Disappointed as I thought it was the full thing coming out this year.

8 minutes ago, Siri said:

Deathloop, Slime Rancher 2 and Hardspace over the cloud on Steam Deck is A-OK for me.

My sub's due to run out, mind. Any deals for 12 month gold subs when that happens?

I think you can do some chicanery with Turkish gold subs but you'd need someone who's done it to tell you how it all works, I just remember people in here have done it before.

11 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Oh no, I'm going to get very addicted to Hardspace Shipbreaker.

I’d never heard of it but I just watched about a minute of its trailer (sold on it by then and didn’t want to see any more!) and it looks / sounds great!! 

Seriously all I hear is about the big AAA games that come to the service or how game pass needs more AAA but it's games like this that make the service for me. let's be honest I'm always going to pick up things like Star Field but games like this I would never look twice at unless they were part of a Humble bundle or something.

If you're on series x I advise turning the graphics to high frame rate. Hugh quality is default, it looks basically the same and the nature of the inertial movement means that 30fps feels really sluggish and frustrating. Especially as the game is clearly designed around m+k.

I've already killed myself in a couple of stupid ways, love it!

8 hours ago, TehStu said:

Hardspace is X|S or cloud only. Didn't realize they'd started adding new green exclusives. Well, beyond a handful of titles like Flightsim.

That game has nothing to do with Microsoft, it's third party. Ever since WB announced that they'd cancelled the last gen versionsof that shitty looking Gotham Knights game awhile back, it's been clear we're sloooowly crawling out of this long crossgen phase. It's inevitable that Series exclusive games will start appearing more often on Game Pass as they're appearing more often on Xbox in general. 

On the other hand Sega just announced Like a Dragon 8 for 2024 as a crossgen game so it's not like native Bone games will completely disappear overnight :)

25 minutes ago, bear said:

I'd be willing to bet €3.59 that the Xboxone version of LaD 8 never comes out. 

You could be right, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Depending on how the PS5 does in the next few years supply-wise, I could even see the PS4 version get cancelled. 2024 is far enough away for things to change. But yeah, the smart money is on the bone one not appearing.

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

On the other hand Sega just announced Like a Dragon 8 for 2024 as a crossgen game so it's not like native Bone games will completely disappear overnight :)

On the other other hand (look ma! Three hands!), Sega released Persona 5 on PS3 in 2017, so their approach to past-gen support isn't necessarily reflective of the norm.

Hardspace is even locked at 30fps on series x in the default mode, and the performance mode definitely doesn't feel like it's 60fps. It's very cpu-intensive.

No way that would run acceptably on the VCR Xbox one for example.

17 minutes ago, Graham S said:

The Procession to Calvary Is leaving a week on Friday. It’s 2.5 hours long. Worth a look?

Yeah, I know I keep saying this, but it's genuinely funny. Really easy to get through, to the point that it's barely a game, but still worth your time.

Yeah, I figured my old brick would be obsolete at some point. Actually thinking of replacing it with an S using rewards points instead of a bigger ssd for the X. I guess this thing can join the 360 E in my "retro" setup.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

I'll be interested to see how they handle going into standby mode on that thing and then resuming play, whether you have to reconnect to the server each time and how long it takes. I use Xbox Cloud Gaming a lot on the Steam Deck but having to reconnect your session each time you play is a bit of a faff.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

33 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'll be interested to see how they handle going into standby mode on that thing and then resuming play, whether you have to reconnect to the server each time and how long it takes. I use Xbox Cloud Gaming a lot on the Steam Deck but having to reconnect your session each time you play is a bit of a faff.

What we really need is Nintendo to announce a Switch Pro with Xcloud gaming, would be truly amazing. 

This looks interesting though. I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Xbox controller and a stand.  It works well but it’s a faff with a phone and a stand, also the screen isn’t big enough.

I’ve been eying up an 8Bitdo controller and mount for my travels, but I recon my home will make it a bad experience. The Pro Max is a great phone, but mega heavy compared with similar size screen phones. I’d also considered a razor controller for the iPhone, but this would be way better and cheaper than a steamdeak. Which makes me believe it might be best to order one as soon as you can if you fancy one 😂

You Suck At Parking is a fun game, giving me Micro Machine vibes. Perfect for quick goes, but also got that replayability factor (and leaderboards) to keep chipping away at scores.

On 20/09/2022 at 14:38, Garwoofoo said:

Been looking forward to Slime Rancher 2 for ages but not sure what "Game Preview" is going to mean. I'm not sure I want all my anticipation spoiled by playing an unfinished buggy version and waiting for them to drip-feed the rest of the game. Disappointed as I thought it was the full thing coming out this year.

Worryingly, it isn't listed on the app as far as I can see. The first was great but also would have benefitted massively from another iteration. I was also expecting a full release so to learn it is game preview and not even listed on the "coming soon section" implies that they aren't ready to shout about it yet but still want to meet the launch date.

Hopefully we will be able to play it today and see for ourselves.

In other news, I had no idea what game spiderheck was until I looked it up. It is the bonkers "crab" fighting game with light sabers and shit. I might even enjoy it for a quick blast.