Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

21 minutes ago, Mallet said:

Has anyone played Grounded in single player mode? 

I'm interested in the game but I don't have any interest in multi-player games. 

I’ve been playing it since the full release a few days ago and it’s great. 

It’s a survival game, so your enjoyment of it will be somewhat dependant upon how much you like the genre and how much stomach you have for maintaining your thirst, hunger and stamina meters and building shelters as you venture out further into the world etc. But as survival games go it’s pretty straightforward and untaxing, very polished in its presentation, and the focus is on exploring the fantastically well-realised Lilliputian world of a back yard inhabited with giant insects and spiders (that are fucking terrifying).

I’m having a lot of fun with it and would encourage people to check it out.

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

Let's Build a Zoo as well. Cracking game that 

Im glad to hear you say so, it looks delightful! Big Bullfrog vibes, very light and airy appearance, I’d like to dip my toe. 

I tried Prodeus and Hardspace Shipbreaker for a bit this morning and both tickled me quite satisfactorily. Looking forward to giving them both more time. 

2 hours ago, pinholestar said:

I’ve been playing it since the full release a few days ago and it’s great. 

It’s a survival game, so your enjoyment of it will be somewhat dependant upon how much you like the genre and how much stomach you have for maintaining your thirst, hunger and stamina meters and building shelters as you venture out further into the world etc. 

Played a bit of this in early access. Thought it might be a little too aimed towards kids, but seems decent enough as a survival game.

Worth noting that like Subnautica you can turn off all the food and water stuff if you hate all that.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Shipbreaker has started locking up on quick resume for me. Lost nearly a whole shift to one :(

This happened to me today too for You Suck at Parking. Less painful than your loss I suspect. 

19 hours ago, deerokus said:

Let's Build a Zoo as well. Cracking game that 

Is this the kind of thing a not very game-y 8 year old who loves animals might like? Her older sister loves the Two Point games and I was hoping for something similar but simpler for her to have a go at.

Anyone know if the Paw Patrol racer is any good?

Just now, ScouserInExile said:

Is this the kind of thing a not very game-y 8 year old who loves animals might like? Her older sister loves the Two Point games and I was hoping for something similar but simpler for her to have a go at.

Anyone know if the Paw Patrol racer is any good?

It’s incredibly slow, and frustrating.

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I think I've asked this before, but I can't find an answer.

I don't play PC games, my brother does. Is there an easy way to let him use my Game Pass on his PC while I play on Xbox? Could I just add him as a child account, sort of thing? 

You can log into your account on his Xbox and set it as the "home Xbox" then log back out of your account. As long as it's defined as your base Xbox all works fine.

Do the same with my son as I don't have a Xbox but do have a PC and GamePass ultimate sub. All seems to work fine.

Edit : Sorry read that wrong not sure about the other way around as it seems to be based on your MS account so you need to log into that on your PC (or his PC). Guess it will work but you'll need to add your account to his PC? Worth a try although not sure what he'll be able to access on his PC with your account....

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I think I've asked this before, but I can't find an answer.

I don't play PC games, my brother does. Is there an easy way to let him use my Game Pass on his PC while I play on Xbox? Could I just add him as a child account, sort of thing? 

You would need to sign into the microsoft store on his PC and leave it signed in. Then he will be able to use his MS account and play your GP ( apart from Minecraft Java)

2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

You would need to sign into the microsoft store on his PC and leave it signed in. Then he will be able to use his MS account and play your GP ( apart from Minecraft Java)

Yup this. Works a treat on my son’s laptop. 

The account with Gamepass sub signed into the Microsoft store and then the freeriders account logged into the Xbox app.

You do get the occasional annoying pop up pointing out the accounts don’t match but it will all work fine (the Minecraft issue seems to have resolved itself now too since owning Bedrock also gives you Java).

3 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

So it's different to the kids' Xbox where they just sign is as themselves? Or can the kids only sign in on theirs because it used to be mine?

49 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

So it's different to the kids' Xbox where they just sign is as themselves? Or can the kids only sign in on theirs because it used to be mine?

I believe it's different because of how the Xbox can be a "home machine".

For your kids Xbox that is probably set as your account's home Xbox. Therefore anyone on the machine can play the games your account downloads to it (without you being signed in).

But a PC cannot be your account's home machine so it has to be logged in.

On 28/09/2022 at 16:27, earlymodernsteve said:

Played the demo a few months back. It was proper nails then (and I doubt they've changed that) but felt pretty good to play. I've also just downloaded it but my kids are monopolising the Xbox for Disney Dreamlight Valley at the moment :( Will have to put it on PC instead.

Having completed both Thymesia and Moonscars in the past few weeks, can it be true that as I turn 45 I have finally 'git gud'? Time for some Hidden Object games to calm my nerves... Moonscars (as that's the one on Game Pass) is not quite as satisfying as Blasphemous but pretty proud of myself for getting through it. Never felt totally comfortable with the parrying timing so had to adapt by dodging which meant fights lasted longer. Might leave it a while before I boot up Sekiro on that front.

10 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

I believe it's different because of how the Xbox can be a "home machine".

For your kids Xbox that is probably set as your account's home Xbox. Therefore anyone on the machine can play the games your account downloads to it (without you being signed in).

But a PC cannot be your account's home machine so it has to be logged in.

Would that mean I couldn't be on my Xbox at the same time he's playing on his PC? 

55 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Would that mean I couldn't be on my Xbox at the same time he's playing on his PC? 

I can be logged I to mY xbox and pc at the same time playing two different games.

As my nephew is often on my xbox, and I can be playing football manager via game Pass, and it works fine.

Although, achievement messages pop up on both

14 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

He can sign in as himself, you just need to be signed into the MS store on his machine*. This doesn’t count from an Xbox point of view as you being signed in. This is how we have it when my son uses it my GP on his laptop.

So for example in my house my wife can be on the Series S (set as home Xbox) with her account, I can be on the Series X on my account and my son can be on his laptop on his account, all using my Gamepass.

The only caveat to that is Minecraft Java which for some reason requires you to log into Minecraft with the GP account.

*Get him to log onto the PC with his account as per normal. Open the store and log his account out of the store and log in with you account. From that point onwards as long as he doesn’t log your account out of the store he will have access to GP and any PC purchases you have made.

Got around to finishing Beacon Pines - neat little jaunt, that.

Got another eight days before my current game pass time is up, so I'll probably play a bunch of Hardspace and Slime Rancher.