Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Any game that requires you to read a guide can fuck off as far as I’m concerned.

Isn't watching other people play a game to understand the mechanics the exact same thing as a guide. 

I did it myself with Super Bagman, Bomb Jack and Bubble bobble. 

10 minutes ago, donpeartree said:

Signalis is great. Really. I'm not really a survival horror guy either, but I was fully in from start to finish.

Give it a shot.

I keep flip flopping on whether to give Signalis a go or not. The atmosphere and premise sound great, but the fiddly inventory management stuff puts me off. Have they added additional item slots yet, from 6 to 8, so you don't have to backtrack quite as much?

Worth pointing out that you play through the story sections first and they’re fun enough but not the best. 

After that it turns into a huge open-world Star Wars collectathon with hundreds of characters and dozens of iconic locations and it is simply brilliant. So stick with it even if it seems only passably entertaining at first. 

46 minutes ago, bear said:

Remember at not-E3 where they said Ultimate subscribers would be able to stream purchased games later this year? They've said nothing since have they? 

Still waiting for that feature.  It not being available is probably part of the streaming stick staying unreleased.

On 01/12/2022 at 22:15, Jamie John said:

Rise on the Switch was an odd one. On the one hand I sunk 60 hours into it and it was my GOTY after Death's Door, but at the same time it was the game that convinced me I never want to play a Monster Hunter game ever again.

I spent probably 200 hours on Monster Hunter World for some reason and I strongly believe that the combat in that series is a load of woolly shit. 

21 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Why?

"Behold our glorious $50 Xbox* Streaming Stick. On sale now"

* Monthly $15 Game Pass subscription required to play. Only Game Pass titles are available. Purchased Xbox titles only available if currently on Game Pass. 

14 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

"Behold our glorious $50 Xbox* Streaming Stick. On sale now"

* Monthly $15 Game Pass subscription required to play. Only Game Pass titles are available. Purchased Xbox titles only available if currently on Game Pass. 

I mean they've stated they just couldn't make it for a reasonable price.

No doubt having a stream anything you buy service simplifies things. And I think that simplification is probably why it's not out yet... how do you make all games available (can you technically and for licence reasons) and if not can you make it clear which you cannot without upsetting too many people.

But I don't think that's got anything to do with the streaming box they were building

50 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I mean they've stated they just couldn't make it for a reasonable price.

No doubt having a stream anything you buy service simplifies things. And I think that simplification is probably why it's not out yet... how do you make all games available (can you technically and for licence reasons) and if not can you make it clear which you cannot without upsetting too many people.

But I don't think that's got anything to do with the streaming box they were building

I don't really disagree, just that alongside cost it's another thing that makes it a less viable/exciting product.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I spent probably 200 hours on Monster Hunter World for some reason and I strongly believe that the combat in that series is a load of woolly shit. 

That "for some reason" speaks volumes. It's certainly a complusive game. I don't ever want to play one again in the same way I don't ever really want to play a Pokémon game again, in that it's the same game every few years with a new gimmick and a couple of new monsters bolted on.