rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

I appreciate that @Pob, didn't know there was more to it, only played about 4 hours or so. I think I personally just prefer a series of races with clear objectives instead of all this fancy modern open world stuff. Grid 2019 is my favourite recent racer, not a popular opinion!

• Upvote 1

I can see why Forza Horizon 4s structure (or lack of it) is off putting. I also wish the races actually meant something but the breadth of what there is to do means there are plenty of goals, you just have to set some of them yourself.

I love it, but it's the height of nothing at all mattering. Not sure how to explain that. It's the continuous trajectory of the series though, so people must prefer it. 

I think I'll be going back to XSX Forza Motorsport. 

Is there a difference between the standalone version of Halo: CE Anniversary and the one in the Master Chief Collection? Which is the best version of the game to play?

4 hours ago, Jackson said:

I appreciate that @Pob, didn't know there was more to it, only played about 4 hours or so. I think I personally just prefer a series of races with clear objectives instead of all this fancy modern open world stuff. Grid 2019 is my favourite recent racer, not a popular opinion!

I love the open world stuff but I feel it needs a focus.

A mission should be, at least in a story sense, the "Land Rover over the hills challenge" or the "1980's Rally Invitational".

After you complete THAT then absolutely open up the course to all comers.

• Upvote 1

Is the Bucket List stuff sitll a thing in FH4?   I love those in FH2 (my favorite of the series)

5 hours ago, Dudley said:

After you complete THAT then absolutely open up the course to all comers.

That, and I want the gold, silver and bronze thing. Narrowly missed a win? Sod it, I got a decent amount of xp from that race. Next. 

I digress. 

• Upvote 1

On 02/07/2020 at 00:28, Jamie John said:

Is the version of Forza Horizon 4 on Game Pass still worth playing for single-player? I've read a couple of comments saying stuff along the lines of it's a mess without the DLC, which I'm assuming doesn't come with the GP version.

It is a mess in a single player. Not that it’s a bad game, there’s just no real structure and the game world whilst massive isn’t that interesting. It’s definitely worth playing if you have Game Pass, but it is hugely disappointing compared to it’s prequels. From a single player perspective the two DLC expansions addressed my main issues by adding structure and being set in smaller but far more interesting worlds and as such are a big improvement.

• Upvote 3

I have enjoyed the base game in Forza Horizon 4. Haven't played It for a while but they seem to keep adding more and more free updates to it (Taxi service missions, Top Gear missions etc) which is nice to see. Also one of the events is great as it let's you drive 

Spoiler

A warthog from Halo.

Music is a bit shit though.

16 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

I’m surprised you can’t stream from Spotify in any of these games.

This.  It would make it so much better.  I got FH4 with my XB1X but I've not really been tempted to go and get the DLC.  It's okay, but it's not as satisfying as the previous 2 Horizon games IMO.  Very pretty, though.

In audio settings set streamer mofe to on to kill the music when races are loading. You have to do this every fkin time though.

4 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I have enjoyed the base game in Forza Horizon 4. Haven't played It for a while but they seem to keep adding more and more free updates to it (Taxi service missions, Top Gear missions etc) which is nice to see.

And those stories are some of the strongest bits of the game because of the focus.

I think they wanted to remove a lot of the structure to make it more open world and I think they went too far with it.  Stuff like the advertising boards is already open world and there's a robust custom event system.  They should tighten up the "story" even if that makes the "story" shorter.

The music is a sore point for me thanks to the patch a year after release to clumsily censor a bunch of perfectly sensible lyrics.

• Upvote 3

The intro to forza 4 is quite possibly the most impressive thing I have ever seen

Why on Earth is the standalone version of Halo: CE Anniversary 85GB?! That's more than Gears 5.

14 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Why on Earth is the standalone version of Halo: CE Anniversary 85GB?! That's more than Gears 5.

Because it's better than Gears 5.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Because it's better than Gears 5.

Hey! I liked Gears 5.

Anyway, turns out that even if you choose to download one of the standalone games it actually downloads the entire MCC. Oh well. I wanted to play Reach again as it is.

Forza is amazing. Coming from wii u to xbox one x is like awakening from a time machine. How is next gen even going to top this. 

33 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Hey! I liked Gears 5.

Anyway, turns out that even if you choose to download one of the standalone games it actually downloads the entire MCC. Oh well. I wanted to play Reach again as it is.

You can still go an untick the games and modes you don't want to download.

7 hours ago, carlospie said:

The intro to forza 4 is quite possibly the most impressive thing I have ever seen

Oh much of it is, and I love it and have spent 151 hours on it.

But a lot of that is completionism and the stories etc.  As a game it could really use a structure, especially for the more casual player discovering it through Game Pass.

Every entry is worse than the last for that lack of structure problem. The first is my favourite for that reason, there's no sense of progression playing the sequels because that is totally replaced by them throwing loot boxes at you every minute. 

• Upvote 2

Forza Horizon 4 is incredible. You people are the wrongest anyone has ever been in this forum, including trolls.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Oh well. I wanted to play Reach again as it is.

You’re in for a treat! I played through it a few months ago and loved it! The gameplay is as solid as ever but it now also looks (IMO as I’m a big fan of these updated older games) all kinds of lovely :wub:!! 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

I’m surprised you can’t stream from Spotify in any of these games.

I also wish they would do what Euro Truck Simulator 2 does on the PC, and let you stream internet radio stations.

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

Every entry is worse than the last for that lack of structure problem. The first is my favourite for that reason, there's no sense of progression playing the sequels because that is totally replaced by them throwing loot boxes at you every minute. 

I think Horizon 2 hit a great balance and the way you unlock and then race to new bits of the map was great. I played a lot of 3 but it wasn’t the same. I’ve played a lot of 4 as well but less than the rest. 

Very little of the events feel distinct and I end up just pottering around in the world because most of the events are a bit bland. I do still really enjoy the cross country and rally stages, though. 

2 also has you race a train while Listening to Train in Vain, which is my favourite Forza moment ever. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, cultofweaver said:

Forza Horizon 4 is incredible. You people are the strongest anyone has ever been in this forum, including trolls.

It is, but it could be better, especially for people who wouldn't normally sink 100 hours into an open world race game.

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think Horizon 2 hit a great balance and the way you unlock and then race to new bits of the map was great. I played a lot of 3 but it wasn’t the same. I’ve played a lot of 4 as well but less than the rest. 

Very little of the events feel distinct and I end up just pottering around in the world because most of the events are a bit bland. I do still really enjoy the cross country and rally stages, though. 

2 also has you race a train while Listening to Train in Vain, which is my favourite Forza moment ever. 

2 is still my favourite in the series so far. Just ticked a lot of boxes for me. Location, cars the single player game. Everything just felt a lot tighter as a game and experience.

Not to say the others are bad or anything. More than happy with them. 

Shame they never brought the second one to the PC. Ah well pretty much rinsed it anyway.

• Upvote 1

I played the intro section of the  Observation on GP.  Love the idea (you're the AI that controls the systems aboard a failing space station).  Totally forgot to check it out last year.  I've a feeling it might be a little too stressful for me as it progresses.  I've no idea yet if the more scifi stuff that's incoming will float my boat either.  The station so far feels really quite authentic.  Graphically it's really helped by lots of camera artifacts.  Shame that the performance capture is not as good as a bigger budget would have allowed.  It lets down the performance and  mood a little. 

• Upvote 1