Xbox Game Pass

1 hour ago, tronied said:

Installed Fallout 76, booted it up... goes through the usual "associate account" stuff and...

uwotm8.thumb.jpg.2610a6064a0dfe6653ce8312c7d21668.jpg

Um... this is the same profile I use for all the other games on GamePass. I'm guessing I can't be alone with this?!

It's Bethesda, you're lucky it doesn't reformat your system. 

• Upvote 1

I totally get the thing about Halo not having bombastic impact weapons compared to later shooters. The sniper rifle excepted of course. But I totally think it holds up despite (and in fact maybe because of) the lack of sprint and athletic traversal of the world.

• Upvote 1

Fallout is very nice looking, been enjoying it. Just not into base building at all and would rather it didn't have other humans running around. I also wish they had been using the time they spent on this making ES6 instead.

Is there a way to play solo completely nah?

1 hour ago, dave7g said:

Fallout is very nice looking, been enjoying it. Just not into base building at all and would rather it didn't have other humans running around. I also wish they had been using the time they spent on this making ES6 instead.

Is there a way to play solo completely nah?

Why yes, all you have to do is to subscribe to Fallout First; the games premium membership service.

Yes. Really.

I think you stopped posting in here after the first couple of pages. It's quite funny reading back with the benefit of hindsight. Also, one thing that made me chuckle was @Qazimod's Battle Royale comment, which turned out to be entirely on the money.

Figured I'd give Fallout 76 a try on PC. I got the same initial error as @tronied but figured that was due to granting Live account permissions and indeed it went away after an Alt+F4 and a reload. At which point I faced the NoRegionPing error instead. One of suggested fixes for that was a simple system restart, so that seemed a sensible place to start. But wait, now F76 won't load at all and when I looked in the Windows Store it informs me that the installation needs to be repaired. And by 'repaired' it meant downloading all 75GB again.

So, yeah, that's never happening.

The baffling incompetence of the Windows Store might be the best argument for buying an Xbox Series X.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ferine said:

The baffling incompetence of the Windows Store might be the best argument for buying an Xbox Series X.

why are you using the windows store and not the xbox game pass app?...i say...as my halo installation has utterly stopped working...and wont work even after redownloading the whole thing...

i mean yeah its a beta....but..still

It wasn’t until I upgraded my PC and did a clean installation of Windows 10 that the beta app finally stopped downloading Outer Worlds continuously!

Surprisingly Fallout 76 hasn’t given me any hassle after I was able to select the correct resolution. That wasn’t easy though!

Just now, 5R7 said:

why are you using the windows store and not the xbox game pass app?

I used the Xbox app to download it, just went digging in the Store's 'Downloads and updates' page when the game failed to launch without any indication as to why; click Play, Xbox app minimises, then nothing.

11 minutes ago, Ferine said:

I used the Xbox app to download it, just went digging in the Store's 'Downloads and updates' page when the game failed to launch without any indication as to why; click Play, Xbox app minimises, then nothing.

yep, thats what my halo was doing, seems they fucked summit!

On 09/07/2020 at 15:39, Jamie John said:

That's true - like I said earlier, the pistol is still damn good, but the other weapons that I got access to in the first few levels felt horrible.

Was it 3 that introduced the assault rifle you could aim through a scope? That was a good gun.

That’s the point though isn’t it, the beauty of the original Halo is that the weapon set forces you into close range combat. That’s what made the Elites seem so smart, and it’s what made the combat feel so visceral. In every game since they’ve added more and more mid-range weapons, and moved further and further away from the loop the first one had. So now we’re stuck with about 4-5 different variants of the battle rifle, meaning you spend the majority of each level stood miles away picking everything off with headshots. Everyone keeps chasing the dragon of that magic ‘feeling’ the CE gave them while also insisting they keep adding all the things that the classic combat loop deliberately avoided.

I don’t really see how the controls are dated either, the addition of dedicated melee and grenade buttons are effectively the genesis of the modern FPS control scheme. All it’s really missing is sprinting and iron sights, and it’s not like they didn’t exist back then (the original Call of Duty came out in 2003 and was also predated by Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault), their omission was a deliberate balancing decision as much as anything. They finally added both in the 343 games and everyone hated them. It’s ‘Why can’t you move while aiming in RE4?’ all over again.

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Carrion is also an Xbox series X exclusive I believe (in that it won't be releasing on the Xbox One)

Really? They've been presenting it for the One several times. Why would they do this when it's being released on every current gen console?

Great news about Carrion.

It seems like a very long time since something great arrived on Game Pass so fingers crossed that it is as fun as it looks...

On 09/07/2020 at 14:38, womble9 said:

For anyone who's missing GTAV after it recently left GP, then check the store as whilst it's listed as being in the current sale at £12.49 it was showing as £4.99 for me (the 6 days left was on Tuesday so it likely ends Monday)!?!

Enjoy :)...

IMG_7260.thumb.jpg.dc075648c99044ea164bc7aea4479bbd.jpg

OK so it might seem a bit odd in quoting myself but I figured that might be a good way to get peoples attention to my original post if that makes sense!!

Anyway just a quick update to let anyone who's interested know that it would seem that I can gift this to people for the £4.99 that I was able to buy it for.

IMG_7349.jpg.c4553a594eb53afd4ef9028d06a7fd99.jpg

If anyone wants it then get in touch and we'll go from there :).  

Offer has now ended / expired. 

• Upvote 2
57 minutes ago, womble9 said:

OK so it might seem a bit odd in quoting myself

I genuinely thought there was something wrong with my computer/browser/the forum - "this was posted says ago, but the forum says it was less than an hour ago..?"