Xbox Game Pass

1 minute ago, thesnwmn said:

The lack of MC on Game Pass is odd. Have they ever discussed why it isn't? I get that it's a massive cash cow but it undermines Game Pass somewhat if it's possible for MS first party titles to sidestep it.

It's odd that it isn't there, but is on Xbox.

Yeah it would be the Windows 10 version if anything.

The promise was only ever that new Microsoft games would be available on Game Pass, and Minecraft came out well before that announcement. I'm surprised it isn't on PC Game Pass though, with all its microtransactions and stuff.

26 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Yeah it would be the Windows 10 version if anything.

The promise was only ever that new Microsoft games would be available on Game Pass, and Minecraft came out well before that announcement. I'm surprised it isn't on PC Game Pass though, with all its microtransactions and stuff.

I'm assuming that the lack of minecraft is due to when it launched and the paperwork involved and potentially existing contracts on sales of the game. Still seems odd though.

There are a small handful of MS exclusives that aren't on gamepass for whatever reason, the Vodoo Vince remaster, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3 to name a few. Not one of the (few) Kinect games are available either.

3 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

Is the gamepass app really shit for anyone else? Specifically the remote downloading option? It simply doesn't work for me at all on iPhone, if that makes a difference.

it used to be ok. The remote download didn’t work for me last week on the iPad, will try again this week.

its odd though because they’ve had the remote download apis up and running and working for years from their website.

OK, not just me then. I got a pop up the other day saying my account was banned, then it disappeared. As far as I know I haven't been banned, so it's either full of bugs, or I can't remember being disrespectful towards someone's mother while playing on line.

It's just as easy to download via the console, but when out of the house it's nice to be able to have it sat on the HD when you get home. Ah well. 

I wonder if a setting gets lost when the dashboard updates? 

Here's a copy and paste. 

How do I set up remote installation on Xbox One and Windows 10 with the Xbox App?

To install games remotely on your Xbox One console you will need to change your power settings so it's in standby mode. You'll also need to enable remote install as this disabled by default. Here's how to do it:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
Go to System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
Select Power mode and change the setting to Instant-on.

To enable remote installation:
Press the Xbox button to open the Guide menu.
Go to System > Settings > General > Updates & Downloads
Select Allow Remote Installations
Select Allow Mobile Management

Ah, bollocks. Bought a CDKeys £30 Brazil code to top up my GamePass, but cannot redeem it however I try (VPN to Brazil on PC, on Xbox with location changed, via the mobile app) - it starts to go through, but I get a "currency mismatch" error because I already have GamePass on my account paid for in sterling.

So if anyone thinks they can use the code, and wants 6 months GP Ultimate for let's say a £20 donation to Amnesty International, PM me. Gone

54 minutes ago, wavey said:

Ah, bollocks. Bought a CDKeys £30 Brazil code to top up my GamePass, but cannot redeem it however I try (VPN to Brazil on PC, on Xbox with location changed, via the mobile app) - it starts to go through, but I get a "currency mismatch" error because I already have GamePass on my account paid for in sterling.

So if anyone thinks they can use the code, and wants 6 months GP Ultimate for let's say a £20 donation to Amnesty International, PM me.

You've tried it on your actual xbox console after switching region on it?   That's how I did it.  

edit:   Ah seems you have tried that already

11 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

You've tried it on your actual xbox console after switching region on it?

Yeah it seems to accept the code, then there's a few more screens to click through, before it finally gives a "PUR-conversionblockedcurrencycountrymismatch" error. Maybe it's something special about my account? Reading through a recent thread on hotukdeals most people seemed to get Brazil codes to work, and a handful got this error.

22 minutes ago, denisb said:

I’ve got game pass ultimate that expires in November I’ve just got a 3 month gold and a 3 month ultimate code in a deal from amazon is there a right or wrong way to apply them ?

I don’t think you'll get 3 months of ultimate with the gold code on any account that already has ultimate. 

22 minutes ago, denisb said:

No I just wasn’t sure if there was a ideal way I think last gold code I added auto converted to a lesser ultimate 

On your Xbox, turn off auto renew. Then add the Gold code on your Xbox which gives you iirc 50 days Ultimate. If it offers to turn on auto renew, say yes and you get an extra month Ultimate. Then afterwards turn auto renew off again, apply Ultimate code, say yes if it offers to turn it on again for another extra month.

Important: do it on your Xbox! I discovered the extra month offer isn't, uhm, offered in a browser.

That should net you 50 days Ultimate + 3 months + 2 extra.

The thing where it converts your entire gold sub to Ultimate for the same duration was a one-time deal with the 1quid offer.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I just had a quick go on Grounded and was quite pleasantly surprised with how polished it seemed. Anyone put a few hours into it and got any thoughts?

I'm really enjoying it but already feel like I am getting close to the end of the content already. Maybe I'm wrong but what's there is amazing but there doesn't seem like that much there.

44 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I'm really enjoying it but already feel like I am getting close to the end of the content already. Maybe I'm wrong but what's there is amazing but there doesn't seem like that much there.

it’s an early access game by not many people.

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic