Xbox Game Pass

Hi.

My XB1X went tits up a couple of weeks ago and I have GP ultimate until December (added a 3 month code shortly before console and sub expired), does anyone know if I can suspend or pause the subscription so I don't lose the time between now and getting a Series X (whenever that maybe). I've googled but nothing obvious.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

For me, since the low cost of PC gaming and the rise of ‘free’ games, I’ve found I question the time I want to spend far more than the money, which had led to me asking all sorts of existential questions about whether I still want to take part in this hobby at all. He says the day after ordering a XSX. 

That's just because we're all old now. Realising I've put 40 hours into Hades in 11 days has made me question my existence.

Though it does explain why I'm dreaming (and day-dreaming) of different Boon combinations.

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yeah, I find the Switch uncomfortable to play handheld so for me it’s just an underpowered home console. I’d rather play stuff on Xbox. 

I totally agree with this, but I got the Hori Split Pad Pro and I play it a lot more in handheld. Well better. 

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yeah, I find the Switch uncomfortable to play handheld so for me it’s just an underpowered home console. I’d rather play stuff on Xbox. 

Buy this (if you want to spend a little): 

image.png.a0968f756ff7c4ba3070f7604ad2d478.png

Or these (cheaper alternative):

image.png.307df91e3b416c777c0f7667fed303e5.png

On the GP Destiny chat... is the game cross platform now for progress? I’ve not played it for ages on PS4 but have all the content and levels characters etc. I remember there was a way to transfer a character to PC ages ago but assume by now it’s cross platform for progress?

54 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Hades isn't getting a port to other consoles anytime soon, and version 1.0 may well be the final version of the game bar bug fixing and small improvements. This is what I got from Supergiant's Reddit AMA yesterday. They're having a well deserved break for a few weeks very soon, before talking about their next big project. There was no sense in the AMA that an Xbox/PlayStation version of Hades is coming.

It could still come to Game Pass for Windows without a port, though.

Plenty of Game Pass games are either console or PC only.

17 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

On the GP Destiny chat... is the game cross platform now for progress? I’ve not played it for ages on PS4 but have all the content and levels characters etc. I remember there was a way to transfer a character to PC ages ago but assume by now it’s cross platform for progress?

Yup. Cross-save works for everything except for installed expansion licenses, but seeing as they all come with the Game Pass version anyway then it makes no difference. Once you've activated cross-save everything you have on your PS4 account will be automatically transferred across when you play on Xbox.

6 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Yup. Cross-save works for everything except for installed expansions, but seeing as they all come with the Game Pass version anyway then it makes no difference. Once you've activated cross-save everything you have on your PS4 account will be automatically transferred across when you play on Xbox.

Thanks, I’ve just logged into the Bungie site and activated the cross save - another win for GP as I wouldn’t be buying the new DLC on PS4 but defi gonna try it on the series X :) 

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

There's been a rumour that Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Dirt 5 will be on Gamepass day one. 

I call bullshit though. 

I'd be massively surprised if they didn't drop something for launch day. AC: V seems far-fetched but Dirt 5 is believable.

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

It could still come to Game Pass for Windows without a port, though.

Plenty of Game Pass games are either console or PC only.

Only if Microsoft let them skimp on the platform specific features, which I don’t believe any of the most recent PC additions have. I think it was only the first batches where they just wanted to get games on the service when they’d allow you to not include achievements or other Xbox Live Features. Once you start going down the path of implementing those it’s basically a port.

Even if they skipped all that the game would still be running in a UWP wrapper which would likely introduce dumb issues.

I’m certain the game will be on all platforms within a few months but it isn’t a quick job to get it on the Microsoft Store.

43 minutes ago, Ry said:

There's been a rumour that Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Dirt 5 will be on Gamepass day one. 

I call bullshit though. 

It's Doom Eternal. 

From memory Ubisoft haven't had a single game from their back catalogue on Gamepass to date and I dont see that changing anytime soon, especially a new title in one of their biggest series. Would be awesome though.

2 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

From memory Ubisoft haven't had a single game from their back catalogue on Gamepass to date and I dont see that changing anytime soon, especially a new title in one of their biggest series. Would be awesome though.

The Division has been on there, but I think that's pretty much it. 

Ubisoft want to sell UPlay, so I can't imagine any of their titles hitting Game Pass any time close to launch.

Hopefully the rest of the Bethesda back catalogue makes it on there soon, although I imagine it makes more sense for them to drop it piecemeal to keep interest high (aka one or two Bethesda titles a month, but they never rotate off the service).

Please don’t kill me for yet another GP question, but if I want to take advantage of the quid offer do I need to let my current GP sub lapse before adding the Gold vouchers?

I’m worried that I’ll add Gold the. The upgrade will just be for the next month.  

37 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I thought Dirt5 was already confirmed, it was at that initial June event where they emphasised everything was Game Pass Day 1.

And AC was there too, or was supposed to be.

The games in the June event weren't Gamepass just 3rd party. The July? Event with the first party announcements was all "coming to GP"

Watch Dogs 2 has been on Playstation Now recently, so I do not think Ubisoft are against offering games up for these services if the price is right (or if they have IAP or a sequel coming).

41 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I thought Dirt5 was already confirmed, it was at that initial June event where they emphasised everything was Game Pass Day 1.

And AC was there too, or was supposed to be.

No but both of them were two of the first games confirmed for Smart Delivery which was something they were heavily pushing in the first of those presentations they did.