Xbox Game Pass

I've been enjoying Eastshade, it's kind of like a Short Hike only if the inspiration was an Elder Scrolls game rather than an isometric platformer.

5 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I'm currently sat on my ass so asking instead of checking...has ea play for pc appeared on game pass ultimate yet?

Doesn't look like it, but a month of Disney+ is up there now.

Downloading Sims 4 for my daughter, NFS Heat for my son and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for me (to try the single player campaign).

I'm hoping these new games will persuade my kids to stop playing shitty Fortnite and shittier Roblox! 

But if the current GP collection and cloud gaming on our phones wasn't enough, the new EA catalogue on top of that makes GP even more bargainous.  Even at full price - it's ridiculous and is the reason why it's an absolute no-brainer to move to the Series X over the PS5.

Am I right in thinking EA Play lets you trial new EA games?  Would love to give Star Wars Squadrons a quick look.

5 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Downloading Sims 4 for my daughter, NFS Heat for my son and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for me (to try the single player campaign).

I'm hoping these new games will persuade my kids to stop playing shitty Fortnite and shittier Roblox! 

But if the current GP collection and cloud gaming on our phones wasn't enough, the new EA catalogue on top of that makes GP even more bargainous.  Even at full price - it's ridiculous and is the reason why it's an absolute no-brainer to move to the Series X over the PS5.

Am I right in thinking EA Play lets you trial new EA games?  Would love to give Star Wars Squadrons a quick look.

Yes, you get the trials. I'm hoping the trials will refresh now they are part of game pass but I doubt it.

Just now, BeeJay said:

So it looks like I was wrong to assume that EA Play PC would also be included for GPU subscribers. That's a shame as there are a bunch of games only on EA play PC which are worth a go.

It will be, but not until December for reasons.

11 hours ago, Boothjan said:

It seems nothing in the world exists that can stop kids wanting to play Roblox :(

So with the addition of EA Play decided to do the Xbox Gold stack and convert to GPU trick. Only managed to stack a couple of subs but all sorted until March 2023 now.

Thought why not. Just invested in a Series X and have a PC. Predominantly use Xbox/PC as a gaming device anyway so makes sense. Already had my moneys worth out of GPU over the past few years anyway and always found something to play. So thats me then...  Probably won't ever buy another game anywhere again now. Well other than VR games on Oculus/Steam.... :D 

Looks like The Talos Principle is leaving Game Pass next Tuesday, which is a shame as I was going to recommend it to those that enjoyed the lateral thinking of The Turing Test. The former is about three times as long – and gets significantly harder, from my recollection – but it features tonnes of creative puzzle rooms and has an intriguing setting, plus a bunch of computer terminals for those interested in excavating the story; if you put an e-mail in a game, you know I'll read it.

19 hours ago, Mogster said:

It will be, but not until December for reasons.

19 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Yeah, just a weird delay rather than outright omission.

Think they are building a separate EA Play desktop app which is the reason for the delay.

Downloaded a few games from EA Play, including Unravel.  What a gem - it's just gorgeous.  Sometimes, you want to play a game that calms and soothes you - the art style and sound is beautiful.  

Much needed after I kept getting stuck on the first fucking level on Battlefront 2.  Stupid game.

I know people on here don't tend to be especially sporty minded, but you can get ten hour trials for FIFA and MADDEN from EA Play which might be all you need to get your fix - I'd recommend waiting until Dec 4th when they're updated to X/S versions. Might be worth taking a look then at least to see what they're like.

3 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

My gamepass runs out today, I have the 2 years with all access ready to go but I may as well max out to 3.

I will buy a year of gold tomorrow, do I need to do the £1 conversion or will just using my 2 year pass convert it to 3?

Just be careful which gold card you get! I got three gold subs each with a month free (which is great!). But you cannot extend your membership greater than three years so technically after I'd put two codes in first I had 2 years 2 months and then couldn't put the third code in as that was for another 13 months so would have taken it over the permitted three years.

So my Son now has a 13month Gold extension with a conversion to GamePass Ultimate. Hes a happy chappy today... :D 

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

My gamepass runs out today, I have the 2 years with all access ready to go but I may as well max out to 3.

I will buy a year of gold tomorrow, do I need to do the £1 conversion or will just using my 2 year pass convert it to 3?

I haven't tested it but in theory, any subscription of GPU will convert existing gold to GPU. I'm sure someone on the internet has tried it already. I'm also sure it will warn you before applying it. Just make sure the gold is active before adding the GPU.

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just be careful which gold card you get! I got three gold subs each with a month free (which is great!). But you cannot extend your membership greater than three years so technically after I'd put two codes in first I had 2 years 2 months and then couldn't put the third code in as that was for another 13 months so would have taken it over the permitted three years.

So my Son now has a 13month Gold extension with a conversion to GamePass Ultimate. Hes a happy chappy today... :D 

Yes, unfortunately to optimum solution for gold convertors is 2*12 months and 1*6 months. This will leave you a couple of months short of the maximum.