Xbox Game Pass

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

A lot people have said that Cd Keys are really unreliable for getting codes to you and should use shopto instead.

Just to counteract that a bit ordered 5 things from CD Keys over past few weeks (including 3 x 12m+1 Xbox Gold cards) and no issues here. Used them for years. 

12 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just to counteract that a bit ordered 5 things from CD Keys over past few weeks (including 3 x 12m+1 Xbox Gold cards) and no issues here. Used them for years. 

Yeah, but there's definitely been a downturn in quality since the site redesign, bizarrely. I've never had an issue with them but I'd definitely think twice before using them now.

I completely forgot that EA Play was included in Gamepass when the Series S|X launched, so I've downloaded ME2 and ME3 with the aim of doing ME2 on Insane and maybe actually finishing ME3 this time around.

I got all the way to the point of no return, played the Citadel DLC up to the party then never went back. Reading so many bad things about the ending put me off but it's been 8 years so maybe I should finish and be done with it (at least until the remaster comes out).

51 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

I completely forgot that EA Play was included in Gamepass when the Series S|X launched, so I've downloaded ME2 and ME3 with the aim of doing ME2 on Insane and maybe actually finishing ME3 this time around.

I got all the way to the point of no return, played the Citadel DLC up to the party then never went back. Reading so many bad things about the ending put me off but it's been 8 years so maybe I should finish and be done with it (at least until the remaster comes out).

Yeah, its tempting to go through them all again but I'm thinking of just waiting for the remaster now.

I need to finish Andromeda but don't own it, assume that it is on Gamepass as well now?

36 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Star Renegades is up for console too, I only got to play a few hours on PC but it seemed pretty awesome 

I streamed it for a bit the other week. Enjoyed the gameplay but the story and character interactions felt really flat. So ended up skipping most of it and concentrating on the rather good gameplay. 

On 19/11/2020 at 10:00, moosegrinder said:

Thanks, just hope the opportunity to get the console does not fall through!

There should be information in the first post of the thread on how to get the best deal by converting gold to ultimate game pass. A lot people have said that Cd Keys are really unreliable for getting codes to you and should use shopto instead.

found the perfect Phone streaming Gamepass game last night, Children of Morta. Perfect for the smaller screen with its simplistic graphics and very easy to play. Little to no latency either, the streaming tech is pretty much spot on.

With the SX I am missing the ability to stream locally to my notebook. I hope MS sort out an app for that quickly as I use it an awful lot.

46 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Wow River City Girls is bad. Super sluggish boring combat. 

I gave it a whirl last night and found it to be very pedestrian. The animation and sense of humour add something and I’m curious enough to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t hold out too much hope. 

3 hours ago, Jg15 said:

found the perfect Phone streaming Gamepass game last night, Children of Morta. Perfect for the smaller screen with its simplistic graphics and very easy to play. Little to no latency either, the streaming tech is pretty much spot on.

With the SX I am missing the ability to stream locally to my notebook. I hope MS sort out an app for that quickly as I use it an awful lot.

Well there used to be one...and then they broke it. I mean there used to be one and it still works fine for the Xbone.

Seriously Microsoft sort it out...not that I really care right now as my Series S died after  a week

Hey everyone, it's that time of year where another person asks how to get Game Pass Ultimate for the best price for the longest time. I'm a subscriber who took advantage of the convert Live for €1 offer about a year ago and next month my Ultimate sub runs out.

So where do I stand? Is there still a way to convert anything as somene who used the €1 offer or am I just best off just getting Ultimate for a year from somewhere like CD Keys for €113ish for the year?

Cheers!

17 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The paying for indie game dev costs lines up with what I've been hearing. And then all the other platform sales are pure profit. They tend to have to be one of the in crowd of known developers that MS likes though. It's not a quality thing, some games seem a bit duff, but more to be sure they are going to finish the job. It seems fair enough when you consider it's quite a hefty up front cost on something that could be crap or not exist.

8 hours ago, Ry said:

I have it on good authority that Football Manager for console will be on Game pass Day 1 on 1st December. 

That's all I can say. 

Next gen has arrived! 

I'd say that is an ideal game to play via the cloud. Touch screen compatible....?

24 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I'd say that is an ideal game to play via the cloud. Touch screen compatible....?

Should be, it's basically a souped up version of FM Touch which is already on tablets. (Which might mean it doesn't get add to the cloud service I suppose)