Xbox Game Pass

Gamepass would probably be a system seller for me if I didn't already have a shocking backlog of games, with a near constant stream of free (to keep) games coming from various sources on PC. I don't play 95 percent of them but it satisfies my urge to have a bunch of random games available.

Also, I had psplus for about 5 years and I played basically nothing that I got for "free" there. After a few years I'd spent a few hundred on the sub and I don't do much online gaming so in hindsight it was pretty terrible value vs just buying the few specific games I wanted to play. 

I fear gamepass might be the same. I generally get the urge to play one specific game and if it wasn't on gamepass I'd just end up buying it as opposed to playing something else on gamepass.

I can definitely see how gamepass would appeal to some people, but it surprises me that it's such a big deal for people on this forum, since I assumed others here were drowning in ridiculous backlogs too.

36 minutes ago, partious said:

Gamepass would probably be a system seller for me if I didn't already have a shocking backlog of games, with a near constant stream of free (to keep) games coming from various sources on PC.

Even that (turning on the PC, logging into the Epic Game Store etc.) is too much effort. :)

The two main advantages of Gamepass are:

* A mobile app

* Microsoft first party, day and date: PC and Xbox.

And then a reasonable stream of indie games day and date with the console release. That's enough.

I don't treat it like a backlog, but an opportunity to briefly try and bounce off games that I'd otherwise never touch. But importantly, while there's still a conversation about them.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Urgh, nothing is installing on the PC with Game Pass. Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it?

Have you tried installing through the windows store. If your logged in with your Gamepass ID the games should be available there too.

The Xbox app on Win 10 remains a clustertruck

2 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Have you tried installing through the windows store. If your logged in with your Gamepass ID the games should be available there too.

The Xbox app on Win 10 remains a clustertruck

No will try that after the football 

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Urgh, nothing is installing on the PC with Game Pass. Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it?

Is this a recent thing, or is it your first time with PC Game Pass? If it's the latter, I think it needs a certain Windows update before it will work properly - I remember having to find a way to force a particular update through. But if you've had it working ok before, that won't be it.

32 minutes ago, wavey said:

Is this a recent thing, or is it your first time with PC Game Pass? If it's the latter, I think it needs a certain Windows update before it will work properly - I remember having to find a way to force a particular update through. But if you've had it working ok before, that won't be it.

Yeah worked fine before. Only noticed today there is an issue. Having issues with most games. But the odd one will install (eg: Forager installs)

edit: 

Works fins with FH4
image.thumb.png.a3984316b5a1c354e96baf249782d8c2.png

but not most of the new games Monster Train, Wilmot's Warehouse, MotoGP, etc., etc

image.thumb.png.7f68b439742af98f4d296325c93ecd6d.png

Any recommendations for online co-opy type multiplayer games that you can play with three people. Two of those three shit at games.

Ideally a kind of situation where we could be on the same team.

Already on the list GTAV, Payday 2, Dead by Daylight.

Is Human Fall Flat good?

14 minutes ago, carlito said:

Any recommendations for online co-opy type multiplayer games that you can play with three people. Two of those three shit at games.

Is Human Fall Flat good?

Remnant: From the Ashes is a great co-op game, but perhaps a bit difficult. How shit at games are they?

15 minutes ago, carlito said:

Shit in terms of lambs to the slaughter for any multiplayer FPS etc.

Basically nothing where enjoyment depends strongly on your competency relative to the average online dude.

The strikes in Destiny 2 are specifically 3 player co-op, fun and not too hard, and there's also plenty of them now due to its age. It takes a little bit of time to get to them, though. You can do mini missions in co-op before them.

54 minutes ago, carlito said:

Is Human Fall Flat good?

Gears 5 and the new DLC Hivebusters. Everyone can set their own difficultly level so they can play on beginner and you can set yours higher. 

Destiny 2 has some great 3 player content. 

Deep Rock Galactic if your looking to explore more and still shoot some monsters. 

Remnant from the Ashes is really worth a look too can be tougher in places but is excellent in 3 player co-op. 

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic