Xbox Game Pass

I was listening to a podcast about Plants v Zombies the other day, and remembering how much I enjoyed it thought I'd see if it was on Gamepass, and it was (the EA side)! Obviously that was just lucky, but it does feel nice when that happens.

The Remaster Collection is little over a year old since its first release on PS4. Now on GP, about year and a half later. Since there's no need to actually port Y7, maybe it will arrive a year later on GP? November or December. Just thinking out loud :)

20 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Do we think the medium will be crap

I'm hoping not. It had some positive previews (see the dedicated thread) that compared it to both Alan Wake and Silent Hill.

Being Bloober team I am expecting it to be broken to all hell at release though.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It free tho

Well. Not really still paying for a service..... But guess it's not loss if it isn't great though as there is plenty of other things to play.

Personally looking forward to it. Something I could potentially enjoy....

It reminds me a lot of games from the early 2000s. Fixed camera 3D adventure games. You interact with objects and they just float in space and you can rotate them about.

Looks a bit like Resi 1 with the weird robot walk.

13 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

It reminds me a lot of games from the early 2000s. Fixed camera 3D adventure games.

Ooh you've got my attention.

You interact with objects and they just float in space and you can rotate them about.

Sounds promising.

Looks a bit like Resi 1 with the weird robot walk.

Sold!

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

You can refund it if you’ve played less than 2 hours, I think. 

I bought in on the PS4 ... but thank you for the info, didn't know that. In any case, I'll get my money's worth out of it, so I'm not that bothered.

A little help please. I've subbed to Gamepass ultimate (on PC), but Doom Eternal isn't showing as being able to install, I can only buy it. Why?

edit: It's installing now. For some reason the xbox app switched back to a different account right after I'd subbed. I had to restart the app and then it said "your profile is different to your store account" or something. I switched to the one I subbed with and now it works. What a shit app. 

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

A little help please. I've subbed to Gamepass ultimate (on PC), but Doom Eternal isn't showing as being able to install, I can only buy it. Why?

No idea. Maybe sign out and back into the app? You could try looking in the Windows Store itself too.

I installed Doom Eternal on PC, but it never let me play. It wanted me to log in to my Bethesda account, but kept on clearing the input boxes whenever I tried. Then I noticed that it seemed to only be the multiplayer mode anyway.

I'm actually glad someone else had issues with it, I thought I was going mad!

I’ve been enjoying Night Call today. Very atmospheric cabbie whodunnit set in Paris with overt noire tones and a lot of reading. Not a huge amount of game in there but it’s really involving. Good Sunday afternoon with a brew tackle.

I played Halo Reach and gave up on it after it's boring start full of brown and emus.

Then someone here said, how much better it gets, so I tried it again, and it's brilliant.

Such a welcome breath of fresh air after all the turgid COD-likes, without being quite as intense as Doom.

And also really clear how much better than Halo 4 it is.  

God I want more games like this. Aiming down sights is for losers.

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic