Xbox Game Pass

8 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

if I set the One X as the home console, can my stepdaughter use the home console

Maybe the confusion is caused by thinking of "home console" as meaning "the console for the home/house".

It effectively means "the console that my account is associated with".

Everything you own (subscriptions/games/dlc/whatever) is licensed to your account AND your home console, meaning:

• Your account can roam around any other console in the world, and still use your stuff.
  • Any other account can log in to your home console, and use your stuff.

It's also worth noting that other people can still play on the console that is not the home console as long as your account is logged in (obviously meaning that you can't play on another console while this is happening.)

In my household we have 2 xboxes, an OG Xbone and a Series X. The OG bone is in the family room and is set as the home console, the series X is in the living room and is the one that I play on all the time. When my son and I play together on Destiny I use the series X and he uses the Xbone. However if he is playing on his own he will generally use the Series X, however as my account auto logs in on that machine he is able to still use all the games with his account (the auto login makes it easier, if that wasn't the case he just have to login my profile first and then change to his).

10 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

An extended query. I have the set-up above. 2 Xboxes both using my account. 

If I chucked a 3rd xbox into the mix, I assume that would need its own gold sub if a 3rd player wanted to play online at the same time? If me and my 2 kids wanted to play sea of thieves at the same time for example. 

Yes you would need another account with access to Gold and the game.

Awesome, I think this will work perfectly for my family.  Thanks everyone.

The new set up in our new house (when we move in and I finally get a Series X) will therefore be:

Family room: Series X (where I will play)

Stepdaughter's room: Xbox One (home console so she can play with her friends using her own profile)

Son's room: Xbox One X (he has his own separate GPU sub)

My son also has an Xbox One S at his mums - as he has a separate GPU sub, we can play together even on the weeks he's not with us which is lovely - he really wants me to teach him how to play Sea of Thieves.

On 24/01/2021 at 14:01, Hitcher said:

It's 2021 now.

Right, so the games should all be on there by now. Instead we're still missing several and existing ones are now being taken off. I'm just a bit surprised that nobody really cares given they announced all this during xo19 and it turned out to just be a lie. 

j6nzni1hk1z31.jpg

27 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

It's also worth noting that other people can still play on the console that is not the home console as long as your account is logged in (obviously meaning that you can't play on another console while this is happening.)

Excellent point. 

On my main Series X which is not set as my home console I have it set to login as my account automatically which means my daughter can also play GPU games and online using her profile. It generally works really well. 

13 minutes ago, Radish said:

Right, so the games should all be on there by now. Instead we're still missing several and existing ones are now being taken off. I'm just a bit surprised that nobody really cares given they announced all this during xo19 and it turned out to just be a lie. 

j6nzni1hk1z31.jpg

You're right, but it's just XII that never appeared, right? Not 'several'

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You're right, but it's just XII that never appeared, right? Not 'several'

It's 10/10-2, 12, 13 and the two 13 sequels. Over half of them.

I've been waiting for 12. I just assumed they hadn't announced a date, I'd forgotten they were slated for 2020.

Just now, matt0 said:

It's 10/10-2, 12, 13 and the two 13 sequels. Over half of them.

I've been waiting for 12. I just assumed they hadn't announced a date, I'd forgotten they were slated for 2020.

13 and its sequels haven't been on game pass?? I could've sworn... But ok yeah, fair enough. That ain't right and they should have at least said something to the effect of "sorry, something got delayed and half of them will come in 21" or something

All the Yakuzas for example are there no problem, so something obviously went wonky with the Squeenix deal. I'm inclined to believe that it's something on Square Enix' end because you know... they have a rep. But still, if they announced it as a big deal they should at least say it's not happening

6 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I jumped in and played a game of Madden 20 on the cloud to get the quest reward. What the hell is going on in that game? That was more confusing than Dota 2 in the five minutes I looked at it.

Did the same. I quickly skipped through everything and joined quick online game. Luckily the guy quit out after a few seconds and I got the quest achievement. I quickly quit out and uninttalled :lol:

Just now, Ry said:

Did the same. I quickly skipped through everything and joined quick online game. Luckily the guy quit out after a few seconds and I got the quest achievement. I quickly quit out and uninttalled :lol:

You can play it on their cloud service and then not even have to waste time installing it.

I was scared it was going to give me an achievement for starting a match. I hate getting that rogue single achievement for a game I've no desire to show up in my library again (no offence to Madden fans).

2 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

You can play it on their cloud service and then not even have to waste time installing it.

I was scared it was going to give me an achievement for starting a match. I hate getting that rogue single achievement for a game I've no desire to show up in my library again (no offence to Madden fans).

Cloud service? 

You mean gamepass cloud? 

39 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Yeah, that thingy. No idea if you can do it directly on your Xbox but I can do it on my Android phone or through Bluestacks on PC.

Doesn't work on my phone. Games will start then screen will freeze (can still hear music and sound effects though) and I can't do anything. 

Seems a 4ghz enabled WiFi phone is essential. 

23 minutes ago, Ry said:

Doesn't work on my phone. Games will start then screen will freeze (can still hear music and sound effects though) and I can't do anything. 

Seems a 4ghz enabled WiFi phone is essential. 

When it works it's pretty good but when it glitches the picture and gets sluggish not so much. I could never get my PS4 pad to connect properly with my phone either. Still, it's definitely great for picking up reward achievements quickly if you can ever get it to work.

I found cloud games really need the 5g wifi. Even sat on top of the router with anything less, you get artifacts and glitches. Which is mad, as I've had similar services work on far less. 

But yeah, I use it all the time for the easy just run a game challenges. 

My Internet randomly crapped out on me which froze the game I was playing because (I assume) it was a Gamepass game. It was then asking for me to insert a disc before the Internet restored and it then worked.

Never had that before.

Can anyone tell me what this gamepass quest is all about? I get the reasonably irritating notifications saying I have a quest to turn in for just starting up a game. This seems like a reasonably low bar to me as far as quests go.

9 hours ago, Strafe said:

Can anyone tell me what this gamepass quest is all about? I get the reasonably irritating notifications saying I have a quest to turn in for just starting up a game. This seems like a reasonably low bar to me as far as quests go.

Finding them irritating too. Keep thinking I've got achievement points for something! :D 

Just now, MattyP said:

Finding them irritating too. Keep thinking I've got achievement points for something! :D 

Well they kinda are achievement points, just a different kind - the kind that's worth MONEY

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic