Xbox Game Pass

15 hours ago, rafaqat said:

I've installed bluestacks on my Mac just to be able to stream som Xbox One games.  But. I am having difficulty getting a bluetooth gamepad to appear for bluestacks.  Is there anything special I need to do?

Don't think Bluestacks for Mac has controller support

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039923351-How-to-use-PS4-controller-in-BlueStacks-4#comment-5107763901

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

The “open the game pass app” daily quest is back. I wonder why it had a week off?

It's buggy as fuck. Many complaints about it not popping on the sub reddit. 

Is / has anyone been playing UnderMine? Having seen it on my GP app home screen and just downloading it as a quick check to try and identify which of my two Xboxes was which (the icons and names are wrong) I thought it was a new release. Turns out it’s been on the service a good while now but had completely flown under my radar and I tell you what, it’s a bloody good Rogue like that right now I can’t get enough of :)!!

43 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Is / has anyone been playing UnderMine? Having seen it on my GP app home screen and just downloading it as a quick check to try and identify which of my two Xboxes was which (the icons and names are wrong) I thought it was a new release. Turns out it’s been on the service a good while now but had completely flown under my radar and I tell you what, it’s a bloody good Rogue like that right now I can’t get enough of :)!!

I spent most of the summer utterly addicted to it and did sing it's praises rather a lot in this thread. Great game 

The stable app works with it too, although it took a couple of pull-down refreshes. Weird, although it'll make hitting the revised weekly/monthly a bit easier.

edit - that was to Darren, but I didn't realize the thread had moved on quite a bit since.

12 hours ago, womble9 said:

I gave it a go, and it's good I agree, but it's no Hades. 

The combat feels extremely limited compared to something like that. 

I get that it's going for a roguelike old-school Zelda vibe but it just feels a bit basic - having to jump instead of dodge and having no dash already makes the combat feel incredibly stilted.

Crypt of the Necrodancer did a Zelda-like roguelike in a far more interesting way.

On 09/02/2021 at 20:51, cassidy said:

I spent most of the summer utterly addicted to it and did sing it's praises rather a lot in this thread. Great game 

Yeah I'm finding it crazy addictive too!! I was on it first thing this morning before work, at lunchtime and have been on it tonight for just over 3 hrs!! Just had a mega run (by my standards) in which I got given the 

Spoiler

golden idol (giving me 15k!!)

so a spending spree it is!!! 

12 hours ago, Isaac said:

I gave it a go, and it's good I agree, but it's no Hades. 

The combat feels extremely limited compared to something like that. 

I get that it's going for a roguelike old-school Zelda vibe but it just feels a bit basic - having to jump instead of dodge and having no dash already makes the combat feel incredibly stilted.

Crypt of the Necrodancer did a Zelda-like roguelike in a far more interesting way.

Yes I hear that Hades is meant to be something special and I do hope that it comes to XB at some point :) but I'm liking this a lot, maybe it's because I wasn't expecting anything of it? As for the jumping I'd agree that it kind of lacks the finesse and precision that a nice nimble dash may give but for me I think it fits in with the overall feel / makeup of the game rather well.    

I'm probably doing it a disservice, but I just couldn't get on with Terraria at all. The screenshots made me think Diggers, which I had back on the CD32. The most chilled experience/music ever. But that's not what this is, it's side-scrolling Minecraft. Unfortunately, the complexity of Minecraft building simply doesn't work in 2D, and the clumsy cursor positioning system just reinforces that. And then there was the music, which was jarring enough that I turned it off.

I say disservice because I'm guessing it's way easier using touch or kb/mouse, whichever platform this probably came from.

I'm glad we get to try these things on Game Pass, especially prompted by the quests which force me out of my habits, but this isn't for me. Curiously, I harvested way, way more than 1,000 units but the GP quest hasn't dinged yet, it's stuck on 720/1,000.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

I'm probably doing it a disservice, but I just couldn't get on with Terraria at all. The screenshots made me think Diggers, which I had back on the CD32. The most chilled experience/music ever. But that's not what this is, it's side-scrolling Minecraft. Unfortunately, the complexity of Minecraft building simply doesn't work in 2D, and the clumsy cursor positioning system just reinforces that. And then there was the music, which was jarring enough that I turned it off.

I say disservice because I'm guessing it's way easier using touch or kb/mouse, whichever platform this probably came from.

I'm glad we get to try these things on Game Pass, especially prompted by the quests which force me out of my habits, but this isn't for me. Curiously, I harvested way, way more than 1,000 units but the GP quest hasn't dinged yet, it's stuck on 720/1,000.

I agree. I have friends who have out thousands of hours into it 

13 hours ago, SteveH said:

Just bought this on switch, but in fairness I never would have played it sitting at the xbox, about 10 hours in and enjoying it.

The pandemic has persuaded a friend to return to gaming after an absence of over a decade, is the convert a year of gold to ultimate still an option? It's just first 3 months for €1 on the official site.

8 hours ago, layten said:

The best non MMO Final Fantasy to actually play.

I started this because everyone raves about it 

Ten minute non interactive FMV cut scene

Basil Exposition voice over for 5 minutes

In game cut scene

And there's been a lot of non interactivity and an annoying lack of save points in the hour or so I played. 

It is not currently in my good books. Does this loosen up and become less annoying? Or do people say its amazing because the plot is? 

5 hours ago, kensei said:

I started this because everyone raves about it 

Ten minute non interactive FMV cut scene

Basil Exposition voice over for 5 minutes

In game cut scene

And there's been a lot of non interactivity and an annoying lack of save points in the hour or so I played. 

It is not currently in my good books. Does this loosen up and become less annoying? Or do people say its amazing because the plot is? 

Iv loved almost all FF games and I despise 12. 

On 09/02/2021 at 21:38, moosegrinder said:

It still doesn't work.

Bit late to this but use the beta app.

Navigate to the log in quest and then pull down to refresh.

That usually does the trick.

FFXII is incredibly divisive. Some think it's the best of the bunch, others hate it. I'm in the latter camp.

I think how much you enjoy it will come down to how much you like tinkering with the gambit system. You can create routines that automate almost everything to the point where your only interaction is directing where you run, but this makes for a game where you end up barely doing anything meaningful. The story is very slight, and apparently the result of needless meddling. Even the music was mostly forgettable.

I'm intending to give all of the FFs a go, and use that knowledge to buy the ones I want to play on Switch. What's stopped me until now is that the way people describe them as good or bad makes them sound like different varieties of marmite. 

Probably not what MS was going for, but you're welcome Square. 

I feel like I just grew out of them. Growing up, having a 90 hour adventure felt incredible when I only had very limited games to play. I put up with the shitty stories and repetitive battles. Nowadays a 10 hour game has to be pretty special for me to finish it, and I get royally pissed off if it gets overly repetitive or it's not been tested properly. 

I fired up FF XII last night but it didn’t really grab me. The battle system and music in particular left me cold. 

I still haven’t tried XIII, but it’s the only one I haven’t. I’ve felt for a long time that Final Fantasy is no longer for me, not since X, and that opinion hasn’t really changed. 

Dragon Quest XI, on the other hand, is ace!

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic