Xbox Game Pass

Echoing the love for Wreckfest, it's great.

Just a little nod though for Killer Queen Black. I picked it up on Switch when it was like 90p or something and it's quite good fun if you're after something a bit different.

Pretty sure the voiceover for that video is the same guy on the Kavinsky Album, Outrun (i forget the specific song though)

Edit: Pacific Coast Highway. :)

22 minutes ago, Popo said:

Narita Boy - management sim where you play the role of a young intern at Japan's busiest airport.

Sounds more like an airport novel targeted at middle-aged women holidaying alone in some sunny resort. 

Had a quick blast on Dirt 5 earlier forgot I queued this up last week and it was all downloaded and ready to go.

It's OK nice and smooth. Although seems a bit easy came first on my very first race. Contest this to Sega Rally which I've been playing on the 360 lately and its a fight to get to third in races! It feels a bit "motorstorny" guessing some ex-evolution people have perhaps been working on this.

Enjoyed what I played will have a longer session tonight.

It’s a bit attitoooode man. All that shit really turns me off a game fast. I begrudgingly live with it a bit in FH4 because the game is good once you get to it but this is a little soulless and lacking. It’s not bad, it’s just not good either.  

4 hours ago, MattyP said:

Had a quick blast on Dirt 5 earlier forgot I queued this up last week and it was all downloaded and ready to go.

It's OK nice and smooth. Although seems a bit easy came first on my very first race. Contest this to Sega Rally which I've been playing on the 360 lately and its a fight to get to third in races! It feels a bit "motorstorny" guessing some ex-evolution people have perhaps been working on this.

Enjoyed what I played will have a longer session tonight.

It's basically Motorstorm crossed with Driveclub by developers of both those games. 

Turn off the dialogue and music shite and you have a decent arcade game... that I only bought a couple of weeks ago 

20 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's basically Motorstorm crossed with Driveclub by developers of both those games. 

Turn off the dialogue and music shite and you have a decent arcade game... that I only bought a couple of weeks ago 

Thank you for your sacrifice.

On 24/02/2021 at 14:36, mdn2 said:

Looks like Narita Boy will be added on March 30th. Looks decent. Terrible name, though.

Techno Sword is right there and would have been a far better name, suits the kitsch vibe.

They've added a new mode to touch controls at some point. You can toggle between basic and this sort of thing which explains the buttons

1429747991_Screenshot_20210225-210332_GamePass.thumb.png.ec4bc46b771a089c2c52fabf364e9b3a.png

Dragon Quest XI. Plays better than I expected it to.

On 24/02/2021 at 10:38, Mr C said:

Wreckfest though is superb though. The pure carnage in every race means I don't think I could ever get bored of it. It definitely is one of the best racers of the generation and on series x with a smooth framerate and fast loading it's just a joy to play

Entirely inspired by this post, I'm currently installing Wreckfest. I've been looking for something new and arcade driving-y. 

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

Entirely inspired by this post, I'm currently installing Wreckfest. I've been looking for something new and arcade driving-y. 

Its good fun although it feels a bit sluggish (as mentioned upthread its running at 30fps).

Dirt 5 isn't bad either but you may have to tweak the difficulty settings on it as it seems a bit easy on the default settings and I'm no ninja driver! :)  

Enjoyed what I played of Elite Dangerous last night. It used to be completely overwhelming to get into this game but at some point they've at least added a decent flying and navigation tutorial so the new player experience is much better than it used to be, and it all works surprisingly well on a pad. I don't think I've even reached the end of the tutorial yet but it's taken the training wheels off a bit and tasked me to go somewhere and dock with something under my own steam which is nice. I'm hoping it goes on and explains some of the planetary Horizons stuff too.

On 24/02/2021 at 14:36, mdn2 said:

Looks like Narita Boy will be added on March 30th. Looks decent. Terrible name, though.

This looks stunning. Gamepass is really paying off it you like 2D platformers. That said, it looks a little frantic and floaty. Hope it plays well.

16 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Any recommendations for flight sticks?

Yeah I got the thrustmaster - not top end or anything but it’s excellent, I don’t actually know of any others compatible with Xbox. 

33 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I've got a basic flight stick that I've used on the PC from time to time, I'm guessing there's zero chance it'll work if I plug it into the Xbox?

Depends. The Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One for instance supports the XBox One (and presumably Series S/X) as well as PC. It might be worth checking.

So I’m queuing up games I’m going to play when I get my Series X in a week or so, and there’s so much choice. 

Think I’m going to start with The Medium and Dead Cells (played it to death already but nowhere near enough, yet) then I reckon I’ll move onto Yakuza having never played any in the series, where to start? I guess Kiwami is the best to play first? 

Also any other recommendations for games to check out? 

I’ve never played Resi 7 so that’s a must, and Dishonoured 2. 

Subnautica is a must I think, in fact I might try that first. I don’t know ! 

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

So I’m queuing up games I’m going to play when I get my Series X in a week or so, and there’s so much choice. 

Think I’m going to start with The Medium and Dead Cells (played it to death already but nowhere near enough, yet) then I reckon I’ll move onto Yakuza having never played any in the series, where to start? I guess Kiwami is the best to play first? 

Subbautica is a must I think, in fact I might try that first. I don’t know ! 

Start with yakuza zero!!!

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Subbautica is a must I think, in fact I might try that first. I don’t know ! 

Start with Yakuza 0

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic