Xbox Game Pass

Football Manager is an abomination on XSX. The control scheme is just unusable. I have tried to go back to it a few times but its just a complete mess. 

Would much rather play FM 2006 on 360. 

26 minutes ago, Ry said:

Football Manager is an abomination on XSX. The control scheme is just unusable. I have tried to go back to it a few times but its just a complete mess. 

I was just wondering if they could get it working with a touchscreen tablet, streaming from the console. They're half way there. 

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

:( I don't like sports 

I'll give Squadrons a go but jesus this is a terrible update. Usually they ensure it's a bit varied and interesting for everyone. But with this lot you either like SPORTS or gtfo

3 hours ago, mdn2 said:

First time ever it's been a big fat 'meh' for me. Too many sports games. 

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_3.3.2021_6_JPG.jpg

Oh. Too many sports games and have Star Wars Squadrons on the PC.

It's all EA stuff this month too. Still plenty of other games to play on GamePass however hope this doesn't become the norm. Still had Dirt 5 and Wreckfest already so can't complain really.

16 minutes ago, MattyP said:

It's all EA stuff this month too. Still plenty of other games to play on GamePass however hope this doesn't become the norm. Still had Dirt 5 and Wreckfest already so can't complain really.

Dirt 5 is also EA ;)

And NBA2K1 is not an EA game and neither is Football Manager.

It's funny how one fortnightly announcement suddenly has everyone on their toes... they're going to be good and bad fortnightly updates, just like with PS Plus and Xbox Live. Yakuza 6 is coming end of March and I bet a bunch of Bethesda stuff too once the deal is approved by the regulators later this week.

I am in the camp that already massively struggles with the Game Pass backlog so I am actually happy with some off periods. 

3 hours ago, Ry said:

Yep. First game I ever got a refund on on an Xbox. It's a completely unplayable mess of a control scheme. 

The sports stuff is because seasons are coming to an end. 

7 hours ago, routeburn said:

Sniper Elite 4 is like a World War 2 "Hitman". It's great.

I read somewhere that you can complete each level in an hour and the whole game in 10-12 (or something along those lines). I think I'm currently spending at least 2 and probably 3+ hours in each level. I'm not trying to perfect them, but I'm getting all the main and optional objectives done. Superb stuff and seems a waste to rush it.

Yeah, not rinsing the levels and only getting about 75ish% completion but enjoying watching my plans work out. Last night I cleared out a small area and set off a generator next to some bushes on high ground. Was then able to snipe about 60% of the remaining enemies, including a tank that drove past for a nosey lol

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Insanely quick turnaround times for all those games though, I think they are all less than six months old. I wonder if that'll start to translate to people being reluctant to buy EA games in particular at retail, if they're all hitting GamePass this quickly.

I expect the majority of sales of Sports games are in the first month and probably tail off quickly after that. Squadrons is a good one.

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I wonder if that'll start to translate to people being reluctant to buy EA games in particular at retail, if they're all hitting GamePass this quickly

There'll be years of data already to answer this in part, at least, because this is the usual timescale for games hitting EA Access.

Game Pass is a much bigger subscriber base though.

As has been said, seasons are or have ended, so the main audience for the games has already been and gone.

It’s always a sure sign of gamer entitlement how much they moan about sports games. It’s quite possible those sports games fund all the niche nerdy shit. 

I like a bit of both, but many people only buy these things for fifa and cod. It’s one update for the crowd that fund a lot of the shit we like. 

Seeing as I started but never finished Bloodstained, I thought I’d check out what the Game Pass discount was, thinking it would be a proper mates rates offer, 50% off or something like that - but it was actually pretty modest.

I don’t mean to be petulant or ungrateful, but I don’t think I’ll bother - I’m sure it’ll be discounted far more heavily during one of the seasonal sales eventually. 

40 minutes ago, Pockets said:

It’s always a sure sign of gamer entitlement how much they moan about sports games. It’s quite possible those sports games fund all the niche nerdy shit. 

I like a bit of both, but many people only buy these things for fifa and cod. It’s one update for the crowd that fund a lot of the shit we like. 

Not moaning here. Variety is great. Just don't play sports games myself. Like mentioned though guessing most of the sports game fans have already registered rinsed their favourite titles.... 

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

Yep. First game I ever got a refund on on an Xbox. It's a completely unplayable mess of a control scheme. 

The sports stuff is because seasons are coming to an end. 

The NBA and the NHL only started recently actually.

45 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Not moaning here. Variety is great. Just don't play sports games myself. Like mentioned though guessing most of the sports game fans have already registered rinsed their favourite titles.... 

I buy a football game on release usually but I find other sports games fun to try when they’re cheap, or now on GP. 

8 minutes ago, kensei said:

Are Sports games making their money these days from glorified gambling? The key thing being to get people playing it. 

Yeah. Ultimate team is like a third of EA's entire income. 2K are similarly hooked on the MTX. 

Not so much football manager though. If they're getting paid by hours played like Paradox are, Sega/SI will be making a killing off GP

51 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Ok thanks, look forward to it when it is, what other NFS games are worth playing? 

On Game pass? None. Although all the new ones are there but personally they are shite compared to other racing games. 

Burnout Paradise Remastered is your best bet if you fancy an arcade racer. 

Or the all beating Forza Horizon 4 obvioulsy. 

8 hours ago, Ry said:

On Game pass? None. Although all the new ones are there but personally they are shite compared to other racing games. 

Burnout Paradise Remastered is your best bet if you fancy an arcade racer. 

Or the all beating Forza Horizon 4 obvioulsy. 

Yes I’ve played loads of FH4 but no doubt I’ll play it again, I’ll play NFS Hot Pursuit when it arrives on GP. 

One of the games I’ve got on my list is Dead Space 2, loved the original but never played  the sequel. 

9 hours ago, Stanley said:

Ok thanks, look forward to it when it is, what other NFS games are worth playing? 

I think all of them are. They all have their quirks, but all are good. Rivals is essentially a follow up to Hot Pursuit, which isn't as good. They tweaked the formula so you have to get to a safe house after a  race or risk losing some progress which is occasionally tense and exciting but usually serves to frustrate. Need for Speed, has a focus on night time underground street races, along with hilariously bad FMV. The police seem to be an after thought and as such it doesn't feel like much of a Need for Speed game. It looks great if you have a fancy TV that can do dark colours properly. Payback was their take at copying the open world with various challenges of Forza Horizon. Originally it was filled with loot boxes; but that got patched out and is much better for it. Heat I haven't played.

10 hours ago, deerokus said:

Not so much football manager though. If they're getting paid by hours played like Paradox are, Sega/SI will be making a killing off GP

paid per hour...hahaha, christ, It would be cheaper for MS to just gift a copy to everyone who plays it!

image.png.a14cf38f0810203f137b116987f96196.png

3 hours ago, 5R7 said:

paid per hour...hahaha, christ, It would be cheaper for MS to just gift a copy to everyone who plays it!

image.png.a14cf38f0810203f137b116987f96196.png

How many hours of those are being called down by yer Ma to have dinner? 

Gonna download footy manager to the laptop later, only played the console version once and didn't get along with the controls at all. Not sure if I could get a refund as I bought it through an unorthodox method through a discord server and had the game code gifted to me via ms store then redeemed code on a vpn to that region.

Bit of a shame, but looking forward to getting stuck in now!