Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass


Recommended Posts

Octopath Traveller, Yakuza 6 and Genesis Noir have been added this morning. I know Octopath and Yakuza are gonna be the most talked about of this bunch but Genesis Noir looks really interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stanley said:

Now you mention it I noticed one near the beginning of The Medium, now considering that’s an X|S exclusive I’d have thought there’d be no need for that now :hmm:

 

The game has to work on PC also, don't forget.

 

PC master race holding consoles back. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t believe they’re not making more of a fuss about Octopath, it’s a great game with a really distinctive look. All those people wishing Nintendo would make a more powerful home console, well here’s what it would look like ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was being facetious as it’s a deliberately retro looking game. I’ve not tried the Xbox version yet but I will do at some point, it’s a fantastic game btw if you haven’t tried it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AI said:

 

The game has to work on PC also, don't forget.

 

PC master race holding consoles back. :lol:

 

Oh god, I can hear Layten furiously typing and searching for memes from here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Can’t believe they’re not making more of a fuss about Octopath, it’s a great game with a really distinctive look. All those people wishing Nintendo would make a more powerful home console, well here’s what it would look like ^_^

I haven't got a Switch and somehow missed the hype around this- but I am downloading it now after reading your post and checking out the very first video on Youtube.
Thanks!
I got a few weeks off work (and in f**king isolation for 10 days) so I need some new games to fill the time between doggo and grandparent duties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Masu said:

I haven't got a Switch and somehow missed the hype around this- but I am downloading it now after reading your post and checking out the very first video on Youtube.
Thanks!
I got a few weeks off work (and in f**king isolation for 10 days) so I need some new games to fill the time between doggo and grandparent duties.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it, I loved it on Switch :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was really looking forward to Octopath Traveller so much, but being visually impared the black text on light brown is just invisible. It sucks that some games do this and have no option to change it. 

 

So that's that for me then.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing Genesis Noir. Was this made before or after Disney’s Soul? Because they share quite a bit of style.

 

It actually is a bit like Frankie Goes to Hollywood with all the mini games. Charming and captivating.

 

Playing on Series X I do feel it would benefit greatly on Switch, iPad or PS5 because of the increased touch controls, which it really seems designed for. The lack of sensory feedback and reliance on the sticks with a bogo Xbox controller takes away from the immersion.

 

Still, lovely game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those enjoying Journey To The Savage Planet, thanks all for the heads up, I'm really enjoying it too. If you're not sure you'll finish it before it leaves Game Pass... 

 

It's only £10.99 at CDkeys just now (on the Xbox store it's £24.99 or £19.99 with GamePass discount). 

 

https://www.cdkeys.com/journey-to-the-savage-planet-xbox-one-uk

 

Having a lot of fun with this so decided to buy it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ry said:

Went back and played RYSE for a reward and damn that game is still gorgeous. Lot of fun as well. 

I did the same (despite finishing it about 2 years ago), and I was surprised how amazing it still looks. I don't know if the Series X has any benefit to the visuals but still a great looking game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Percy Filth said:

It’s very pretty, but I found the combat (I.e. the actual game) extremely annoying. Also the valour I accrued didn’t seem to get carried across to the Game Pass rewards app.

Deleted.

You just have to finish a level on your save and it seems to work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2021 at 14:43, Mr. Gerbik said:

Excellent. Have fun! I've gone back to Dishonored 1 and the boost and loading times are transformative.

 

Arkane :wub:

 

It just occurred to me that all this buzz around Arkane from the Bethesda buyout and the 60fps boosts might sell a fair few PS5s (if they were actually possible to get hold of) due to the Deathloop exclusivity.

 

Personally I'm going to wait till it's on Game Pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pob said:

It just occurred to me that all this buzz around Arkane from the Bethesda buyout and the 60fps boosts might sell a fair few PS5s (if they were actually possible to get hold of) due to the Deathloop exclusivity.

 

Personally I'm going to wait till it's on Game Pass.

I hope so, as far as I'm concerned Arkane deserves lots and lots of saies. (I feel the same way about other unique quality developers like IO Interactive and Larian).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to drop Journey from a Savage Planet in the end after a decent few hours. It was good enough but really it’s the type of game where, for me, the most fun would be had from hunting down tricky collectibles and clocking off the side quests and I didn’t love it enough to give it that much time. Similar situation with The Messenger.

 

I think part of it was the controls not being super tight - especially the shooting.

 

Anyway, no regrets and good recommendation if you have the time, but delete and move on for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pob said:

It just occurred to me that all this buzz around Arkane from the Bethesda buyout and the 60fps boosts might sell a fair few PS5s (if they were actually possible to get hold of) due to the Deathloop exclusivity.

 

Personally I'm going to wait till it's on Game Pass.

 

Deathloop will probably do well due to the above and also the fact that very few big games are coming out around it. People will be pretty impatient to play new stuff on PS5  - I'm even starting to think that Returnal will do OK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped Dragon Quest XI after leaving the sewers. I'd never played a Dragon Quest game before and was looking forward to getting stuck in after hearing a lot of good things about it but absolutely nothing about it interested me.

 

Compared to Final Fantasy 7 Remake last year it felt positively decrepit. It feels so bland, rote and surprisingly low-budget given how popular it is in Japan. The dialogue is dry and stilted and its attempts at being cinematic felt about 20 years out of date (eg the sequence where you're running around the sewers and then away from the dragon). 

 

I thought this was going to fill the gap until Resi 8 but nah, not for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played some Dragon Age Inquisition for the quest, an easy 200 points that you get halfway through the intro section after killing 15 things. 

 

It's a similar quest to Mass Effect Andromeda so I was hoping for some of the same magic that made me do a full playthrough.

 

It's ugly as fuck on XSX. Seems to be 4k when zoomed in on faces in cutscenes, you can see every pore of their skin in (auto-)ULTRA ACH DEE, but as soon as it zooms out everything looks pixelated like a face in crimewatch. They've fucked up here with some shaders working at a very low resolution or something. Anything at a mid to long distance: crap. Anything over fire and heat: crap. Anything in an effect like magic: crap. When playing it at best looks just sub-1080. 

 

Anyway, I bounced off the game again like I did last time too. Deleted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pob said:

It just occurred to me that all this buzz around Arkane from the Bethesda buyout and the 60fps boosts might sell a fair few PS5s (if they were actually possible to get hold of) due to the Deathloop exclusivity.

 

Personally I'm going to wait till it's on Game Pass.

one impact might be if it comes to game pass on PC, or the exclusivity precludes that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Majora said:

Dropped Dragon Quest XI after leaving the sewers. I'd never played a Dragon Quest game before and was looking forward to getting stuck in after hearing a lot of good things about it but absolutely nothing about it interested me.

 

Compared to Final Fantasy 7 Remake last year it felt positively decrepit. It feels so bland, rote and surprisingly low-budget given how popular it is in Japan. The dialogue is dry and stilted and its attempts at being cinematic felt about 20 years out of date (eg the sequence where you're running around the sewers and then away from the dragon). 

 

I thought this was going to fill the gap until Resi 8 but nah, not for me.

This makes me sad :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.