Xbox Game Pass

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

You can be very, very strange sometimes... 

What the fuck is this shit?

You really don’t need to start insulting people, just because I find it funny that I don’t think Rockstar, of all devs, won’t be giving something away for free.

Pretty sure Rockstar properly announced that the next-gen upgrade for GTAV Online is free (for 3 months) on PS5 on one of the pre-PS5 launch streams. And you get some in-game cash monthly between that announcement and the launch for just logging in.

I don't think they've said anything about the single player game for either platform, or for the Online version on Xbox Series consoles.

24 minutes ago, JPL said:

What the fuck is this shit?

You went for some strange console related dig out of nowhere - directed to me - stating you would quote it later and the pricing point was totally tenuous at best. 

I though it was really strange, and has since again been met with a remark of confused and aggressiveness from yourself. It's not really any different than usual, which is my point. 

Anyways, that's it from me on that point.  

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

You went for some strange console related dig out of nowhere - directed to me - stating you would quote it later and the pricing point was totally tenuous at best. 

I though it was really strange, and has since again been met with a remark of confused and aggressiveness from yourself. It's not really any different that usual, which is my point. 

Anyways, that's it from me on that point.  

Grow up. The only console war is in your head.

12 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

You can be very, very strange sometimes... 

The reason I said "PlayStation at least" was because that's all that a google search came back with. 

Also the £70 game thing doesn't have anything to do with the Rockstar as a publisher, who will likely set the price themselves. 

They will decide on the price, be it free, an upgrade fee or full price. The £70 price inflation is for Sony's own published games. 

It did sound at the initial PS5 reveal that GTA Online PS5 was some kind of PS5 Plus exclusive.

Fair enough if the online is free. I’m sure they’ll make a load of cash from microstransactions. I honestly can’t see them spending months, or maybe years, redoing the single player to give it away for free.

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

Grow up. The only console war is in your head.

One last thing. The console related aspect is not the point, that was *your read.

It’s the dig aimed at me, quoting me, laughing at my post that is both annoying and strange, which is why I pointed it out then clarify my original post. 

8 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

One last thing. The console related aspect is not the point, that was *your read.

It’s the dig aimed at me, quoting me, laughing at my post that is both annoying and strange, which is why I pointed it out then clarify my original post. 

You just said I made ‘a console related dig’, so make your mind up. Was it aimed at you or the console?

But, apologies if my thinking you’ll be lucky if it’s free bothered your so much. I wasn’t laughing at you, I was smiling, because we all know how much Rockstar like to milk their franchises for all their worth.

It’ll be a nice surprise if we actually do get a remastered version of GTAV single player for free.

You did make both a personal dig (Can I keep this to see how it ages?) and a console-wars post (The same Sony that charges £70?) in the one post though. It's disingenuous to pretend it was actually a post about Rockstar somehow. Don't do the posts if you don't want the (something that rhymes with posts.)

13 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

You did make both a personal dig (Can I keep this to see how it ages?) and a console-wars post (The same Sony that charges £70?) in the one post though. It's disingenuous to pretend it was actually a post about Rockstar somehow. Don't do the posts if you don't want the (something that rhymes with posts.)

That’s neither a personal dig as I’m genuinely interested to see if it happens and it’s not a console-wars post when we know that Sony currently charge £70 for games.

Yeah, I was a bit off because it’s Rockstar and not Sony, but I can’t see them giving it away for free either. Is this now a publisher-wars post? Have I started a new battle?

Ultimately, I thought it was optimistic at best to expect a remastered GTAV for free. That’s it. It was just a light-hearted post, that’s been misconstrued. Those console-wars (publisher-wars?) nerves are very sensitive, aren’t they?

Maybe I just think we all get along on here and we can have a bit of a laugh, rather than it descending into this me vs you mentality. Maybe I was wrong to think that, so apologies again.

4 hours ago, JPL said:

Surely we can’t be that far away from GTAVI, can we?

GTAV was really good back when it came out, but I don’t think I’d go back and play it now. I want a new setting with new, less linear missions and, hopefully, better controls.

I'd be surprised if we see GTA6 before Nov/Dec 2022, at the absolute earliest.

Realistically I'm expecting 2023.

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I'd be surprised if we see GTA6 before Nov/Dec 2022, at the absolute earliest.

Realistically I'm expecting 2023.

Are revenues from GTA V Online slowing down at all?   If they aren't then I don't think we'll see anything for a few years

Thinking of parking Shadow of War over the weekend and going for something I can polish off in two or three sittings, any recommendations- doesn’t matter about genre it’s more I just fancy something shorter for now? 

58 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Pretty sure Rockstar properly announced that the next-gen upgrade for GTAV Online is free (for 3 months) on PS5 on one of the pre-PS5 launch streams. And you get some in-game cash monthly between that announcement and the launch for just logging in.

I don't think they've said anything about the single player game for either platform, or for the Online version on Xbox Series consoles.

This is my understanding. 

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Considering they aren't letting you play the PS5 version of Borderlands 3 on PS Now, an upgrade which is free for disc owners and appears to be little more than an FPS boost, I very much doubt it.

I paid a massively reduced £20 for Now and I regret it. 

The upgrade for ps5 for borderlands 3 is indeed just an fps and loading boost, but it transforms the game and is pretty much required to make the game enjoyable. It's horrible on ps4/x one. Comically long loading times and chuggy framerate. Game is really fun on hardware which can actually run it. 

Putting the crippled and shit version on ps now is just sad. 

25 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thinking of parking Shadow of War over the weekend and going for something I can polish off in two or three sittings, any recommendations- doesn’t matter about genre it’s more I just fancy something shorter for now? 

Titanfall 2. 

5 minutes ago, JPL said:

Have you played The Medium yet, @Stanley? It’s not the best game in the world, but it’s short and worth a play through.

Yeah just finished it the other day, I enjoyed it tbh. 

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

Have you played The Medium yet, @Stanley? It’s not the best game in the world, but it’s short and worth a play through.

Except for the part where it's not. :coffee:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Don't make the post if you don't want the roast

I do like a good roast to be fair. Everyone’s a winner!

13 minutes ago, layten said:

Seems to be a lot of noise at the moment that Microsoft have signed up Kojima to make some games exclusively for Game Pass.

mosspopcorn.gif.3e977a41e163a84dd3bf1b0b951af760.gif

Orders popcorn for the Resetera meltdown.