Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

Quantum Break is their only real misfire, the actual combat abilities are fun but the game never really puts you in enough fun/intense combat scenarios to go wild with them. Also on basic xbox one the temporal resolution thing have everything this weird smeary effect

Control is like that game's vastly superior son. 

Has anyone played Call of The Sea? I’m only just starting out in it but it’s quite nice and relaxing, a nice change of pace after Quantum Break - those frame rate stutters have no business being there though. 

18 hours ago, bradigor said:

I am paying £10.99 a month* for mine. As despite the upgrade offer being excellent valued, I can't afford an outlay like that. So it will end up costing me more. It does bug that some will promote this service on here as 'Just £1 for 3 years'. I know you aren't saying it is only £1 and you know there is an additional cost, but you make it sound way easier than it is.

*Technically £21.98 as MS still haven't done anything about family accounts. Before anyone starts, we make use of PC and Cloud and not just the Xbox consoles themselves.

Just to go back to this. Are you doing game sharing? It works with GamePass as well.

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Just to go back to this. Are you doing game sharing? It works with GamePass as well.

Yes, but doesn't work on PC/Cloud so need separate accounts for that.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Has anyone played Call of The Sea? I’m only just starting out in it but it’s quite nice and relaxing, a nice change of pace after Quantum Break - those frame rate stutters have no business being there though. 

Yeah, I really didn't like what turned out to be a pretty boring story. It looks very pretty at times though. 

Thread on it here

I quite enjoyed the time I spent completing the game. (Game)passes the time (I’m so sorry...)

Cheers I’ll most likely add my own impressions there as I play, I quite like it though after an hour or so, I love the variety GP offers as it’s probably not one I would normally have tried. 

59 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yes, but doesn't work on PC/Cloud so need separate accounts for that.

Apparently you can share PC Game Pass, if you are all in the same Microsoft Family, though I haven't tried it myself:

Sign into Windows 10 using the account that doesn't have Game Pass.

Open the Windows Store.

Click on your account's icon in the top right, then click again on that account when the popup appears, then do sign-out.

You are now logged out so click the same icon again in the top right and sign-in to the account that has Game Pass.

Go download the game you want.

Sign-out in the Store once it's complete.

The non Game Pass owner can then play the game on their own account.

(Taken from Reddit so if it turns out to be a pack of lies then I apologise)

Just got my Series X and am going to try the 3-year GP Ultimate stack this evening.

Is the best place for 12 months still CDKeys? The '12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP - (EU)' for £39.99?

Depends on what type of games you like. If you like puzzlers with nice visuals then give it a go. Personally loved the art style and pacing. Just a nice chill out game. Its on GamePass so just a bit of bandwidth and time - give it a go. Beauty of GamePass gives you an opportunity to try things out - even game types you might not have tried in the past.

Never really noticed the frame stutters myself... certainly had no impact on the gameplay - its not a fast paced FPS game after all.

I played Call of the Sea on series x and it seemed absolutely fine. I enjoyed the various puzzles, got briefly stuck a couple of times, felt very clever when I whizzed through other sections and generally enjoyed it all the way through to the end. If you like escape room type puzzles then it's worth playing through even if the story is simply OK. 

4 hours ago, Rocafella said:

Just got my Series X and am going to try the 3-year GP Ultimate stack this evening.

Is the best place for 12 months still CDKeys? The '12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP - (EU)' for £39.99?

According to Google the EU code should work fine. I'm not speaking from first hand experience though.

Some people said ShopTo had decent prices as well, but some people are also saying ShopTo are circling the drain so I guess CDKeys may be a better bet. Either way

https://www.shopto.net/en/search/?input_search=Xbox+live

4 hours ago, Stanley said:

Justin H Beaver, how good does Halo Reach look on Series X? Plays like a dream, still. 

It looks phenomenal doesn't it. I almost daresay it looks better than the controversial Infinite footage :ph34r:

Just the framerate improvements alone make the classic Halos feel like new again, bombing around in a Warthog on Tsavo Highway in H3 used to be a framerate nightmare, now it's buttery smooth and plays beautifully. The entire series has never looked or played better.

Halo 4 though, holy shit it looks unbelievably good - did that get a massive upgrade on the One or do I just not remember how good it looked on the 360? The lighting, fog, textures and how clean the models are makes it look like you're playing concept art. It's really stunning.

5 hours ago, Rocafella said:

eu works fine we are still in Europe just not part of the EU trade 

I bought Brazil gold with vpn as it was much cheaper then added the £1 offer once I returned to the uk ;) 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Just the framerate improvements alone make the classic Halos feel like new again, bombing around in a Warthog on Tsavo Highway in H3 used to be a framerate nightmare, now it's buttery smooth and plays beautifully. The entire series has never looked or played better.

Halo 4 though, holy shit it looks unbelievably good - did that get a massive upgrade on the One or do I just not remember how good it looked on the 360? The lighting, fog, textures and how clean the models are makes it look like you're playing concept art. It's really stunning.

It was always a graphical tour de force on the 360, really looked like a Xbone gen title.

I also maintain it’s a much better game than 2 and maybe even Reach (which I was disappointed by) but that’s my heretical view and I’m sticking with it

On 13/05/2021 at 17:34, Cosmic_Guru said:

The new D&D Dark Alliance game is coming to Gamepass Day 1.

i didnt knnow there was one!...now ive looked it up...it looks ...fucking terrible... :(

27 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

i didnt knnow there was one!...now ive looked it up...it looks ...fucking terrible... :(

Yeah, I reckon the original might still be a better experience  terrible textures an all.

9 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Apparently you can share PC Game Pass, if you are all in the same Microsoft Family, though I haven't tried it myself:

Sign into Windows 10 using the account that doesn't have Game Pass.

Open the Windows Store.

Click on your account's icon in the top right, then click again on that account when the popup appears, then do sign-out.

You are now logged out so click the same icon again in the top right and sign-in to the account that has Game Pass.

Go download the game you want.

Sign-out in the Store once it's complete.

The non Game Pass owner can then play the game on their own account.

(Taken from Reddit so if it turns out to be a pack of lies then I apologise)

That’s not quite right, the game pass subscriber needs to set that PC as their offline device. 

I had the following setup when I was subscribed:

PC1 (Son 1): Microsoft Store set as my ‘offline’ PC, Son then logged in to Microsoft Store & Xbox app using his account. 
Can download and play any Game Pass games through the Xbox App EXCEPT EA games (limitation due to EA account linking).

PC2 (my Laptop): Microsoft Store & Xbox app using my account, can only play games when ‘online’ (on the internet).

EA Games playable on linked EA account. 

Xbox 1 (Son 2): Xbox set as my ‘home’ console, logged in with his account. Can play any Game Pass / EA Access title. 

Xbox 2 (Lounge): Xbox logged in with my account, can play any Game Pass or EA Access title when ‘online’. 

Its a great setup, you could potentially have 4 devices online playing games simultaneously with one subscription. I let my subscription lapse as both kids keep playing the same games, none of which are on Game Pass!

I've taken some screenshots from the Microsoft Store which I hope are helpful. When logged in as the Game Pass subscriber, open Settings:

MSStore1.png.2fc9fce38a124a592662062fd6e094ab.png

Enable 'Offline Permissions' (This is equivalent to 'Home Console' on Xbox):

MSStore2.png.52ef8539609a3d641b871e2f5598737c.png

Then 'Sign Out' and 'Sign In' with the account of whomever will be gaming on that PC.

10 hours ago, Stanley said:

Justin H Beaver, how good does Halo Reach look on Series X? Plays like a dream, still. 

It looks fantastic (and yes it plays superbly too!) doesn’t it!! 

Anyone who’s impressed by it might want to take a look at Panzer Dragoon Orta too as that’s another one that’s been made to look all kinds of lovely :)

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

It looks fantastic (and yes it plays superbly too!) doesn’t it!! 

Anyone who’s impressed by it might want to take a look at Panzer Dragoon Orta too as that’s another one that’s be made to look all kinds of lovely :)

Might have to pick up Orta....missing some Panzar Dragoon....

20 minutes ago, deerokus said:

On the Halo note, Halo Wars 2 is pretty impressive with fps boost. So many explosions and stuff popping off at 4k60.

You know what, despite me being a big fan of the franchise I’ve never played either of the Halo Wars games! Might have to make amends this weekend. Game Pass / Game Pass app and remote downloading. Just great when someone comments on how a game is good that it’s gonna be right there for me tomorrow afternoon for when I’ve finished tidying the garage :)!

16 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

According to Google the EU code should work fine. I'm not speaking from first hand experience though.

Some people said ShopTo had decent prices as well, but some people are also saying ShopTo are circling the drain so I guess CDKeys may be a better bet. Either way

https://www.shopto.net/en/search/?input_search=Xbox+live

That might have been me.

So I should say my only evidence is they seem to not be getting physical copies of EA games, including Mass Effect.  And that was exactly the first public sign of GAME going under.

27 minutes ago, Dudley said:

That might have been me.

So I should say my only evidence is they seem to not be getting physical copies of EA games, including Mass Effect.  And that was exactly the first public sign of GAME going under.

Aye that was it, but I don't think it's a bad about. Saying that Game are STILL going despite a pandemic and objectively bad business practices so Christ only knows.