Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

4 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Just to check before I buy - CD Keys sell an EU 12 month Gold sub which I then plan to convert to an Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Will the 'EU' Gold make any difference?

Previous page has replies that say yes, it'll be fine.

53 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Anyone know why the may 10k gamerscore challenge wouldn't show up on someone's quest list?

No, I didn’t get it either, but tbh i think if I tried getting 10k points in one month I’d be stressed to fuck. 

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

No, I didn’t get it either, but tbh i think if I tried getting 10k points in one month I’d be stressed to fuck. 

Don't you get what you accrue? Like, you don't have to get to the 10k?

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Don't you get what you accrue? Like, you don't have to get to the 10k?

Oh right, well that’s a bit unfair then, how much do you get per G, is it like for like? 

40 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Oh right, well that’s a bit unfair then, how much do you get per G, is it like for like? 

It's not huge, 1k points is like a pound, but if you're playing summat new and not grinding it out it still adds up. It might be based on a number of things, like if you've not got many achievements recently because you play the same four games continuosly as your brain can't cope with learning something new because it's fried from the hellscape that is real life.

For example.

Does anyone know how long it takes for extra Gamepass sub time to appear on your account after buying it with reward points?

I bought three months of Xbox live gold membership for 15,000 points earlier this evening, and the 50 days of GPU haven’t yet appeared when I check my subscription on the console.

43 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for extra Gamepass sub time to appear on your account after buying it with reward points?

I bought three months of Xbox live gold membership for 15,000 points earlier this evening, and the 50 days of GPU haven’t yet appeared when I check my subscription on the console.

Did you redeem the code they emailed you?

Shouid be instantaneous once you do that but occasionally the codes can take a while to come through

43 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Did you redeem the code they emailed you?

Shouid be instantaneous once you do that but occasionally the codes can take a while to come through

Ahh thanks, that’ll be it- assumed it was just an instant thing without a code. I haven’t received any email yet but I’ll keep an eye out.

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

Hmm, I earn quite a few so wouldn’t mind having it. 

Yeah, it's not appeared for quite a few of us, frustratingly. Wouldn't have minded a free 1700 points (and counting), but there we go!

I downloaded nier automata last night don’t really know what I’m doing I got killed by these 2 big spinning wheels twice and each time it restarted at the beginning? It won’t let me save at any point before am I doing something wrong ?

3 minutes ago, denisb said:

I downloaded nier automata last night don’t really know what I’m doing I got killed by these 2 big spinning wheels twice and each time it restarted at the beginning? It won’t let me save at any point before am I doing something wrong ?

The first save point is about an hour into the game, unfortunately.

Not the best introduction is it… to be honest, I’d use a guide for the first section, it’s not as difficult as it seems once you learn to dodge.

14 hours ago, carlospie said:

I know a few friends who didn't get it. I did. Must be account based 

I didn't get it either. Had the last one though (and didn't manage to complete it). Its fustrating as I have managed to earn quite a bit of gamerscore in the past week or so.

Only Reward challenges I have are the daily ones and punchcards for RE8, Mass Effect and Immortals DLC, rubbish!

I completed Destroy All Humans last night & really enjoyed it, although the last boss fight was a right bastard.  

Earned me 550 achievement points, so I might have a look today to see if I can mop up any outstanding easy achievements, which is something I don’t usually bother with but hey 10k award points to go at n all.:doh:

This 10k event definitely gets me playing more games than I usually would, so far me and the boy have finished Rain on my Parade, Call of the Sea and the Touryst.

Used a guide for Doom 64 as that was super quick to get the 1000 points on and have a few more stacked up to go through.

Its a bit of a grind at times but the plus side for me is that I end up not only playing more but playing games that I’d probably have never bothered with in the first place.

27 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh shit yes. Mudrunner was hard going but I have hope this one is more of a 'game'.

It is definitely much more of a game. I really enjoy it as a change of pace. 

Needs Fps Boost mind. 

52 minutes ago, Gotters said:

And another interesting one coming tomorrow, fancied a go on this

I’ve fancied that for a while, looks really chilled, no pun intended.