Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

It is definitely much more of a game. I really enjoy it as a change of pace. 

Needs Fps Boost mind. 

Is it 30fps? Because that’ll save me a download if so. 

Had my first disappointment over the weekend- when the Series first arrived I noticed Pathalogic 2 was on there. Downloaded it, but was waiting to watch a playthrough of 1 (or get a chance to play it myself) before jumping in. Only to find out that 2 is actually a remake of 1, just in time to find out it was removed from GP back in December. Anybody know if games ever get back into rotation?

13 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Games have gone and come back again, GTA VI being an example of that. It’s not huge percentage that leave and come back though.

It went so far it became its own sequel.

How long do the EA games stay for? I'm well into this Jedi Fallen Order but hoping it doesn't vanish before I can get through. I downloaded the full Halo MC Collection but assuming that MS never remove those?

1 minute ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Don't think any games have ever left EA Access before until they removed the older sports titles from GP last month. Jedi should be there until it all falls apart.

So we've got until Order 66?

Just noticed in the app that there are some good games leaving the service soon (presumably at the end of the month):

Void Bastards

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and 2.8

Surviving Mars

Assetto Corsa

You'll never get through Kingdom Hearts in time but the others are worth a look over the next couple of weeks if you haven't played them.

Bit annoying the Kingdom Hearts games are going so quickly (although as it turns out they have been there a year, I just clearly haven’t got around to them). This I guess is the nature of the service.

Odd that Kingdom Hearts 3 is staying though given it was added much earlier; that must have been on a 2 year rather than a 1 year deal I guess.

Surviving Mars is an interesting one as it was a finished/dead/archived game but they just put a new development team on it and seem to have resumed support with new dlc planned. Wouldn't be surprised to see it come back soon.

19 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Assetto Corsa might be the most disappointing racing game I've ever played. Stick to Forza 4.

Very different games... I've never played the console version but the PC one is great. A major element of AC is the mods you can get including additional cars and tracks. Not only that it also fully supports VR too. I expect a lot of this is missed on the console implementation.

The main Forza Motorsport franchise is probably the best racing game on the Xbox so a better comparison!

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

The main Forza Motorsport franchise is probably the best racing game on the Xbox so a better comparison!

Looks lke that's on Game Pass too.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Looks lke that's on Game Pass too.

Yes.... Its great even has truck racing in it! Probably the best racing game on the Xbox. MS pumps a lot of money into the series. If you have a PC it's X-play too so everything will sync across fine.

53 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

FIFA 21 feels like a right mess. Lots of text missing from menus or takes ages to load. 

Odd. It’s been fine for me, and it’s been out for a long time now.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Assetto Corsa might be the most disappointing racing game I've ever played. Stick to Forza 4.

This is why console owners don't deserve sims. They get a shitty port without mods and are then wrong about them ;)

3 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Isn't this the game BEFORE the latest one? Assetto Corsa Competizione is the newest title in the series-  it was released last year and is supposed to be much better. Assetto Corsa is from 2016. Very confusing naming system, plus why put the earlier one on Game Pass when it isn't very good?

I was playing Steep with my son and it was all going well until he flung his character over a massive jump who then exclaimed “shit, shit, shit!” Which was the end of our snowboarding fun. Gotta be extreme I guess. 

2 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

FIFA 21 feels like a right mess. Lots of text missing from menus or takes ages to load. 

I downloaded FIFA a couple of days ago as I was fed up never being able to get an online game in PES.

why is there no quick match option for online with FIFA? I don’t want to set up a league or wait for friends to be online. I just want a quick match against whoever is online. Shambles... or am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Isn't this the game BEFORE the latest one? Assetto Corsa Competizione is the newest title in the series-  it was released last year and is supposed to be much better. Assetto Corsa is from 2016. Very confusing naming system, plus why put the earlier one on Game Pass when it isn't very good?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is more focussed on online racing whereas Assetto Corsa is more of a single player racing sim*. 

Think the two still run in parallel. AC will be on GP because its cheaper and a good entry point into the AC universe. Although I'd play it on the PC personally.

* More regular AC players correct me if I'm wrong!

28 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

the old one is awesome! on pc anyway, never played it on consoles. i'd say the old one is a better fit for gamepass as it's a bit less hardcore sim.