Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

Seems my instincts were right in thinking that Kingdom Hearts would be leaving before long. Glad I just finished my entire series playthrough last week as a result.

The first game’s virtually unplayable these days but KH2 is still pretty good and clocks in at about 30 hours if you concentrate on the main story. The rest can be caught up with via the many YouTube recaps that are out there.

I'm hoping I can finally get the 1000g in Manhunter. 

There was a bug that didn't allow me to get everything. 

There was a 4k 60 upgrade for SX recently wasn't there? 

I'm pretty interested to try Mechwarrior 5.

Looks great here:

And not so great here:

EDIT: I cut the second video, it wasn't from an official source and looks like they uploaded the wrong video and just tagged it with some Xbox branding.

It's not out until the end of the month, apparently, so we'll have to see how it reviews on consoles.

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

Assetto Corsa Competizione is more focussed on online racing whereas Assetto Corsa is more of a single player racing sim*. 

Think the two still run in parallel. AC will be on GP because its cheaper and a good entry point into the AC universe. Although I'd play it on the PC personally.

* More regular AC players correct me if I'm wrong!

More to the point

ACC is laser focused on one series and has 1 type of car in (with another closely related one available via DLC). It does it well. I don't like driving the same thing all the time so I play it a lot less than...

AC has everything and mods for everything else, including stuff you never even knew existed.  It's the best current gen F1 game for instance.

I prefer to dip in and thus AC is my game, but that's on PC with mods out the wazoo and crucially a custom launcher that allows me to set the exact field I'm up against.

Maneater is a rock solid 60FPS on SeriesX. Cos muggins here bought it in April, was only £15 mind. Was a nice easy 1000gs as well as long as you don't get a glitch like @Ry

So if it's here before month end you should get the full 1000 in a few days play, about 15hrs it took me. 

6 hours ago, g wings said:

I downloaded FIFA a couple of days ago as I was fed up never being able to get an online game in PES.

why is there no quick match option for online with FIFA? I don’t want to set up a league or wait for friends to be online. I just want a quick match against whoever is online. Shambles... or am I missing something?

Seasons is pretty much that. 

4 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I'm pretty interested to try Mechwarrior 5.

Looks great here:

And not so great here:

EDIT: I cut the second video, it wasn't from an official source and looks like they uploaded the wrong video and just tagged it with some Xbox branding.

It's not out until the end of the month, apparently, so we'll have to see how it reviews on consoles.

it is sadly, not greet, as a fan of the older games! and the battletech game.

It has too many helicopters and vehicles, then  later, waaaaay to many enemy mechs!

and very limited variation in missions.

i also cannot see at all how it will run on xbox one in any way well :unsure:

honestly...it made me sad... :(

in fact, just re watch the original mechwarrior 2 intro, its better!

11 hours ago, deerokus said:

Yeah they extended it. Not that anyone plays it. 

Thats probably why, by keeping it on Gamepass they get a more steady influx of new players. begs the question, why not make it F2P?

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

15 mins of snow runner was enough for me to realise its not for me. Not fun at all.

Yeah, I remember playing a previous game in the series, Spintires - found it genuinely stressful, reminded me of getting my own car IRL stuck in mud and struggling to get free. I'm sure its accurate, but very much Not For Me.

12 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

Based on my first play yesterday, SnowRunner has not so much a handling engine, more a "pulling weedy trees out with a winch whilst stuck" engine.

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

15 mins of snow runner was enough for me to realise its not for me. Not fun at all.

1 minute ago, wavey said:

Yeah, I remember playing a previous game in the series, Spintires - found it genuinely stressful, reminded me of getting my own car IRL stuck in mud and struggling to get free. I'm sure its accurate, but very much Not For Me.

Glad it's not just me that didn't get on with it. By the time I'd finished the first task (build the bridge) I just wanted to take off and nuke the whole town from orbit.

I think snowrunner works best as a co-op road trip game, plus then you can pull each other out of things.

It's basically a Top Gear challenge in game form.

58 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

Based on my first play yesterday, SnowRunner has not so much a handling engine, more a "pulling weedy trees out with a winch whilst stuck" engine.

That's what the game is! It's great but aye, not for everyone. 

Snowrunner is awesome when it clicks. Remember you can just recover your truck back to the garage - it's admitting defeat but better that than just deleting the whole game.

Snowrunner... 'snofunner more like. For me so far anyway.

Going to give it another try as it's something I know I'll like, possibly love, if I can get past the initial pain, but in thirty minutes I struggled to wring any fun out of it.

It probably needs a 'what to do in the first 60 minutes' guide or something. There's a topic on here somewhere, I bet some of those expert boys know one.

12 minutes ago, milko said:

It probably needs a 'what to do in the first 60 minutes' guide or something. There's a topic on here somewhere, I bet some of those expert boys know one.

Bang on. I got fed up getting stuck in my truck that was rubbish off road and impossible to upgrade, so I went back to my original pickup (which I didn't realise I could still get to in the garage!), upgraded the tyres and started hooning around the first map trying to find upgrades and raise some cash.