Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

Might have to give last stop a try after positive impressions on here. After my Yakuza LAD marathon and not liking the Ascent, could so with a short game to cleanse the palette. 

Any other decent 5-6 hour games worth trying on game pass?

9 hours ago, Pob said:

Also Prey is beleaguered by loading screens more than most, but the new consoles obviously make them way less painful. I may have given up on the Mooncrash DLC if I’d played it last gen. 

And that's a little strange because Dishonored, by the same people, loads incredibly quickly.

15 minutes ago, Hodge said:

Might have to give last stop a try after positive impressions on here. After my Yakuza LAD marathon and not liking the Ascent, could so with a short game to cleanse the palette. 

Touhou Luna Nights if you fancy a Metroidvania

17 minutes ago, Hodge said:

Knights and Bikes

Night in the Woods

Donut County

Rain on your Parade

The Wild at Heart

21 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And that's a little strange because Dishonored, by the same people, loads incredibly quickly.

Likely down to the different engines used - Dishonored was Unreal 3 (first game) and a customised id Tech 6 (second game), while Prey uses CryEngine.

18 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Likely down to the different engines used - Dishonored was Unreal 3 (first game) and a customised id Tech 6 (second game), while Prey uses CryEngine.

Yeah. Maybe this explains why Prey was able to get a 60fps boost without a hit to resolution, but Dishonored 2 hasn't yet appeared in the FPS boost list, and Death of the Outside uses the lower-resolution XB1S settings when you boost the framerate.

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

Diablo 3 Eternal Collection is free right now for Gold or game Pass Ultimate Subs (although not on actual gamepass) get it quick as it might be an error. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/diablo-3-ultimate-evil-edition-free-for-xbox-live-subscribers-3772488

Doesn't work with the app. Hopefully I can redeem this straight from the console when I get home from work. 

Just now, Rayn said:

Doesn't work with the app. Hopefully I can redeem this straight from the console when I get home from work. 

I redeemed via the normal xbox site. 

Played the game to death when I had it on disk. Might as well sink another 100 hours with a new character. :)

1 minute ago, Ry said:

I redeemed via the normal xbox site. 

Played the game to death when I had it on disk. Might as well sink another 100 hours with a new character. :)

Nope :( Might be a UK only deal then. 

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

If you're talking about the original, not that odd, that's just a 360 game running at a slightly higher resolution

3 hours ago, Rayn said:

I was not able to get it from either the app or the website. 

It is available from the store, exactly as shown in the hotdeals link. 

I didn't however "redeem" it and add it to my library, it's just available to download which is odd. 

6 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

That makes sense, although there are plenty of Unreal 3 engine games that are still dogshit on Xbox One for loading.

5 hours ago, Harsin said:

Sexualassaultivision-Blizzard trying to generate some goodwill?

If it's a good game people will forget about that aspect of a games company. You know how it works on rllmuk.

Finished the Last Stop last night.  Its a class story I really enjoyed it.  Great script and voice acting. There's not much of a 'game' in it, its pretty rudimentary.  I played the last hour in bed console streaming to the ipad. So in that way if you don't like walking sims you'd be best to avoid this.  Its like a sci fi domestic dr who vibe.

Looks lovely!

But also looks like the controls could be a bit 'odd', trying to negotiate turns from a not driving game standard viewpoint.

Anyone played it?

Art of Rally is supposed to be brilliant. 

Hades, Art of Rally and Katamari alone make it a great month alone. And more will come! 

Oh and don't forget Dirt 4, Grid, F1 2020, Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 are coming to EA Play/Game Pass Ultimate from August 10th.

What a month overall.