rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

7 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Did you look for the cheapest price? What came up? 

I just tried this by buying from CDKeys. Both codes they sent gave me a "This code has already been redeemed" message. Probably just me being unlucky, but maybe relevant information.

8 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Did you look for the cheapest price? What came up? 

CD Keys £37.99, not that cheap but you can get another 5% knocked off using Facebook.

2 hours ago, MalevolentPanda said:

I just tried this by buying from CDKeys. Both codes they sent gave me a "This code has already been redeemed" message. Probably just me being unlucky, but maybe relevant information.

Has been a lot of this reported on twitter and hukd over the last couple of hours. Having said that I bought 2 and they took 2 hours to show up BUT both have worked. 

1 minute ago, PC Master Race said:

Worth the monthly sub on its own!

image.thumb.png.0377f114d4919ebd8fcb140752830031.png

Christ no, not that! 

35 minutes ago, MalevolentPanda said:

i have had the exact same thing!

I've done game pass ultimate but for some reason I can install and play book of demons on the pc game pass. I can't install Metro exodus or a couple of other games though.

Gamepass just feels too good to be true really. It feels like PS+ circa 2012/13 where you wondered how they could keep offering such great value and the answer was that they couldn't/didn't.

I'm hardly buying any games anymore and have only been paying around 3 quid per month for Gamepass so far with all the special offers around. It's great but this constant stream of games at this price just doesn't feel sustainable long term. Feels like some severe loss leading is probably going on and then once penetration hits a certain level we'll see the price jump up/less new games constantly hit the service.

Not that I'm going to complain for as long as the honeymoon period lasts, and honestly what they're offering is worth more than what they're asking. 

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit lost as to how all this works. What's the best way to buy this for a longer period if you don't have anything running? Or can I only use the 1 month offer?

5 minutes ago, Sane said:

I'm a bit lost as to how all this works. What's the best way to buy this for a longer period if you don't have anything running? Or can I only use the 1 month offer?

Buy as much as you want Gold subs (upto 36 months) and it'll convert it to GP Ultimate for that entire period and add another month on, all for £1. Just make sure you subscribe to Gold before making the conversion as it's a one time deal.

GP Ultimate nets you a combined sub to Game Pass for Xbox and PC in addition to Xbox Live Gold. 

It's an absolute steal.

Don’t suppose anyone knows if this trick works the other way around? I’ve got Game Pass til November but my gold ran out last month - I hadn’t even noticed.

4 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Don’t suppose anyone knows if this trick works the other way around? I’ve got Game Pass til November but my gold ran out last month - I hadn’t even noticed.

My game pass was still active. What matters is how much gold you have. cd keys has it cheaper than usual afaik, buy three years, activate the codes, then (and only then!) buy ultimate for 1 quid = 3 years ultimate! Crazy

46 minutes ago, Majora said:

Gamepass just feels too good to be true really. It feels like PS+ circa 2012/13 where you wondered how they could keep offering such great value and the answer was that they couldn't/didn't.

I'm hardly buying any games anymore and have only been paying around 3 quid per month for Gamepass so far with all the special offers around. It's great but this constant stream of games at this price just doesn't feel sustainable long term. Feels like some severe loss leading is probably going on and then once penetration hits a certain level we'll see the price jump up/less new games constantly hit the service.

Not that I'm going to complain for as long as the honeymoon period lasts, and honestly what they're offering is worth more than what they're asking. 

The clinching factor is that they’ve stated they’ll put Microsoft published games on the service. And they’ve bought some PC focused studios. And it’s unlikely that over three years when I’d pay for live anyway, I won’t find anything at all to play.

I picked up a 12 month Game Pass code from eBay for £29.99, added it to my account and then did the upgrade (link - instant delivery). I'm now paid up until September of next year. Sadly I couldn't afford more, but that'll do for now.

• Upvote 3

Frankly stunning offer! I’m all paid up for Gold until April 2021 so now to chuck Game Pass in with that for a £1 is a total no-brainier.

I only hope my account isn’t now ‘stuck’ on Ultimate and I won’t be able to go back down to Gold after this. Got two years to see about that though I suppose, and you never know I might see Game Pass as essential by then depending on what happens with Scarlet.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

I've done game pass ultimate but for some reason I can install and play book of demons on the pc game pass. I can't install Metro exodus or a couple of other games though.

Yeah, same here. See my earlier posts. Probably keeping these for actual announcement later tonight

Could someone change the title to add "and PC" because I reckon there'll be a few PC users who won't think this thread is for them, when it's quite a massive deal.

Woohoo! I'm now on Ultimate until June 2022, thanks for the heads up. £79 for 2 additional years of Gold and Game Pass, an absolute bargain! I just wish I had seen that eBay link a little earlier.

I can set Metro away installing on the new PC Gamepass app.

7 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Yeah, same here. See my earlier posts. Probably keeping these for actual announcement later tonight

I have ultimate and not game pass pc. Has it been confirmed that ultimate includes pc? Book of demons which I have downloaded and started playing is not on Xbox game pass, only pc.

If ultimate does include pc game pass then all my gaming needs are catered for until almost 2022.

I've got a year's Live code going for £30 if anyone wants it? Just bought 3 years then accepted the free month, so when I went to put the third in it said I'd reached my limit; bollocks. Happy to send the code over first; but only to reasonably long-term members!

2 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I have ultimate and not game pass pc. Has it been confirmed that ultimate includes pc? Book of demons which I have downloaded and started playing is not on Xbox game pass, only pc.

Ultimate is XBox and PC gamepass plus Gold for xbox

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, idespair said:

I picked up a 12 month Game Pass code from eBay for £29.99, added it to my account and then did the upgrade (link - instant delivery). I'm now paid up until September of next year. Sadly I couldn't afford more, but that'll do for now.

Seller?

Sadly seems to be selling for £40 minimum everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I've got a year's Live code going for £30 if anyone wants it? Just bought 3 years then accepted the free month, so when I went to put the third in it said I'd reached my limit; bollocks. Happy to send the code over first; but only to reasonably long-term members!

I'll take it. 

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I'll PM it to you now. 

Cool.  Ta.  Will do the paypal/BT thing in a bit.  :)