rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Supermarket Shriek is absolutely hilarious if you’ve got a couple of USB microphones and you get two people to steer the trolley by screaming loudly into the mics. It’s impossibly difficult of course but stupidly fun. 

In other news, I have now lost my voice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skull Commander said:

Anyone tried Supermarket Shreik yet? It's pretty good fun. It's got a sort of British home computer budget vibe going on but it's quite addictive. A couple of nice nods to Sega in there too:

Hide contents

Found some bonus levels including a Sonic 2 rings style, as well as a Crazy Taxi themed one. 

I appreciate the bus that says £350m on the side of it is the thing that starts the whole mess.

I had to turn it off due to the screaming though. Which is a shame, as it’s quite a fun game but it’s just an awful noise.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Im new to Gamepass - Can you preload new releases?

No.

Playing Metro. It's Dark. I remember why I don't play these.

5 minutes ago, footle said:

No.

I think you can for first party MS releases, I'm sure I did for Crackdown 3.

4 hours ago, jonamok said:

When does this offer expire?

It seems to be linked with their E3 deals but nobody's really sure. Get in as soon as you can.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, footle said:

No.

Yes you can. I preloaded Crackdown 3 through gamepass. 

21 hours ago, jonamok said:

When does this offer expire?

VG247 just said it'll expire at the end of E3, though they didn't cite anything.

17 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Im new to Gamepass - Can you preload new releases?

Crackdown is the only example I've seen so far but I've just managed to 'install' the outer wilds. Obviously it hasn't installed but the game is queued for download.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the difference, outer worlds was able to be 'installed'.

Edit I think auto correct changed it from worlds to wilds.

Right, here's a convoluted question; my oh has gold and gamepass ultimate. We were paying for 2 subs before (yes I know we didn't need to) so my console still has gold subs, but not gamepass subs.

From what I know we share her gold and gamepass via making each others consoles the other persons home console (the one I use is hers and hers is my home console). I've seen options saying "share gold on this console". If I do that, does it tie my profile to her gold and gamepass sub so I can use PC gamepass? If not how do I use PC game pass with my profile?

I've tried to explain this as best I can.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Right, here's a convoluted question; my oh has gold and gamepass ultimate. We were paying for 2 subs before (yes I know we didn't need to) so my console still has gold subs, but not gamepass subs.

From what I know we share her gold and gamepass via making each others consoles the other persons home console (the one I use is hers and hers is my home console). I've seen options saying "share gold on this console". If I do that, does it tie my profile to her gold and gamepass sub so I can use PC gamepass? If not how do I use PC game pass with my profile?

I've tried to explain this as best I can.

What I think is that you need your own PC Game Pass subscription or your own Ultimate subscription (which includes PC Game Pass).

The way console sharing stuff works is that only the main account - whose home console it is - needs gold for every other profile to be able to use gold and play those games. So if your console is her home console, your account gets all her benefits. On PC there's an Xbox app, you log into the same profile you use on your Xbox on that. But if you log in on a PC, you're not on her home console anymore. Understand? It's just your account with your subscription.

How long is your gold still active? Just put up that single quid and convert it to Ultimate: done.

33 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

But worse looking.

As is the case with so many remasters! That's another reason why I like the Xbox BC programme, especially the enhanced stuff - the original games, the original looks, but better, more lovelier :wub: No missing effects and such, because it's the original game

• Upvote 1

Nothing huge but Rare Replay will be nice to have for the 4 people that don't own it yet.

Resident Evil: Revelations - 6/20 Rare Replay - 6/20 Torment: Tides of Numenera - 6/27 Goat Simulator - 6/27

Hmm... Torment...

I like the idea of settling in to a big meaty RPG like that sat on the sofa, but is it going to be a horrible fudge trying to play it with a pad and have they changed the text size for the console version to make it halfway readable if you're sat on the other side of the room?

Had RE Revelations on 360. I liked how it was a hark back to the more classic style of RE so a nice surprise when playing first time around.

And yeah, everyone and their dog must have Rare replay by now, it was GwG a while ago I think (not that I am complaining, makes sense for all MS first party stuff to be available through this service).

3 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Had RE Revelations on 360. I liked how it was a hark back to the more classic style of RE so a nice surprise when playing first time around.

And yeah, everyone and their dog must have Rare replay by now, it was GwG a while ago I think (not that I am complaining, makes sense for all MS first party stuff to be available through this service).

Rare Replay was also given away for free on Mixer for watching a specific Xbox event a few years ago.