rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Excellent, been wanting to play that but was waiting for a cheap deal or Game Pass

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Literally just bought that :lol:

Don't buy games if you have Game Pass!

Control is the one game I've been telling myself not to buy, that it's going to come to GamePass. What a time to be alive, I'm so happy with this news. This month I will be playing:

My Friend Pedro

Demon’s Tilt

Wandersong

Pro Evo 2020

and Jurassic World on Games With Gold.

So much great (free) gaming! In other news, coming to GamePass in January is bound to be Resident Evil 2 and Crash Team Racing, as I just picked them up in the black Friday sale.

Excellent. I nearly buckled and bought Control on Black Friday. I'm glad I held off. :)

They’ll be getting a sack of money from Microsoft for putting it on Game Pass + whatever they get for each player/hour played so don’t feel too bad. :p

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

They’ll be getting a sack of money from Microsoft for putting it on Game Pass + whatever they get for each player/hour played so don’t feel too bad. :p

I'm glad to know that it works that way. I always have this odd misplaced sense of guilt for enjoying games on Game Pass that I feel I should have paid for.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm glad to know that it works that way. I always have this odd misplaced sense of guilt for enjoying games on Game Pass that I feel I should have paid for.

Buy it on Epic even if you'll play it on GP. See the Epic Store as a tip jar for Remedy :)

• Upvote 1

In other words "Please don't stop buying the game until we're ready to announce it."

• Upvote 7

What's the best/easiest way to get this for my nephew if he has Live already? Just add it to his account/sub?

1 hour ago, Len said:

What's the best/easiest way to get this for my nephew if he has Live already? Just add it to his account/sub?

There will likely be a £1 trial on his dashboard. If so then DON’T take it yet (yup sounds odd!)!! Instead extend his live / gold for as long as your happy to cough up for, for a max of 36 months in total and then take the trial whereby the £1 trial will convert all of his live / gold into GP ultimate for that one measly pound. Gaming bargain of ever as far as I can remember :)

• Upvote 3

Re: Control it did give me pause that a) The first DLC is timed exclusive to PS4 and b) it was an Epic Store exclusive but the 'at this time' part of the statement plus Spencer talking about it does rather give the game away that it'll happen at some point. I hope so as I traded in my copy but definitely want to check out the second DLC pack once it launches. 

Control is a bit good ain't it. You should all be excited for it hitting Gamepass.

Spun me out last night with the shifting environment. 

Funnily enough, myself and @evilboris were talking about Control being an inevitable Gamepass title. Remedy trying to claw it back is funny, nobody who heard about the original announcement is buying it (or the game). 

The exclusive dlc is a bit of a shame, I presume that part of the equation for Gamepass is boosting dlc sales. 

The Witcher 3 will be added on the 19th as well, yet another game I bought ages ago cheap yet still haven't installed never mind played.

It's a shame for Remedy if Phil Spencer has indeed prematurely announced Control coming to Game Pass. Presumably MS will have to provide some compensation to Remedy if it does impact Xbox sales in the intervening period.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Hmm since I've started using GamePass on the PC I've noticed I have a much more throwaway attitude to the games. Games I'd ordinarily like and stick with if I've paid for them are a lot easier to simply drop should I have not played them for a while. Things I've bought get prioritised instead. So that's Gears of Wars 5 and Outer World's both dropped despite enjoying them.

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's a shame for Remedy if Phil Spencer has indeed prematurely announced Control coming to Game Pass. Presumably MS will have to provide some compensation to Remedy if it does impact Xbox sales in the intervening period.

tenor.gif?itemid=11233065

The idea of them compensating someone for something one of their execs said.

• Upvote 1

Do any of you share Gamepass? And if so, is there any knack to it? My home console is my godson's Xbox, he can use my Gold sub but he says he can't access Gamepass (converted to Ultimate, but he couldn't get into it even before then when I had a standard sub).

Do I need to go sign in again or something? I can see his Xbox from the Gamepass app, although I can't manage his machine like I can mine - which does say "active console" making me wonder if we can only use one for this?

Screenshot_20191210-101525.thumb.png.d108e5245a8bfd42f76d7a6c7ab3c851.png

Screenshot_20191210-101730.thumb.png.f36e0a0e0534deeecf37141e9f2074b8.png

Does it not work with family sharing like everything else. So it will either work for anyone on the main console or, if on another console, they have to be part of the family for it to work?