rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Hi, you can share gamepass fine, its just a bit fiddly.  He just has goto the store on teh console and search the game he wants to play (thats on gamepass obv) and then install from there, you'll see a prompt to buy or install.

to explain:

My friend and I do family sharing.  My xbox is set as his home console and his xbox is set as mine, so when we make a purchase, we both can play & install it. 

He upgraded his xbox live to gamepass ultimate.  So he can use the app on his phone /dash to install, but I cannot. I have to goto the store, search for it and install from there.

• Upvote 1

Makes some vague sense, I thought he was just being a div. Or I was. So I need to keep him up to date with a massive list of Gamepass games? Actually he's got a phone these days, wonder if the Gamepass app will work.

• Upvote 1

This is good to know. I asked about it a while ago, as my boys share, but I never figured it out.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Makes some vague sense, I thought he was just being a div. Or I was. So I need to keep him up to date with a massive list of Gamepass games? Actually he's got a phone these days, wonder if the Gamepass app will work.

He can still browse the games from the gamepass tab in the dash but just has to jump out to the store once hes picked one he wants to install.  Only a minor annoyance. 

• Upvote 1

Fantastic. Really wanted to play it but I think it’s the better part of £20 on Switch. 

Hopefully my 2 year old will think it’s hilarious. 

Good news indeed! I was just pondering over buying this for the Switch too.. .  Is this on PC via gamepass too?

It's also out on the PS4 for anyone wondering...

Happy days...

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Fantastic. Really wanted to play it but I think it’s the better part of £20 on Switch. 

Hopefully my 2 year old will think it’s hilarious. 

It was worth every penny though.

HONK!

• Upvote 1

Sony's opening game for their state of play was untitled goose game. Microsoft follow up by just casually tweeting that it will be on game pass next week.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Bojangle said:

It's an Epic exclusive on PC for now, so not yet at least.

So were Metro Exodus and The Outer Worlds so colour me hopeful

The kids will play it on the Xbox anyway...

I bought a 12 month gold pass that converted to game pass before I realised I could have stacked 3 years . If I buy another 12 months gold does that also convert ?

Just now, denisb said:

I bought a 12 month gold pass that converted to game pass before I realised I could have stacked 3 years . If I buy another 12 months gold does that also convert ?

No, that was a one time only deal. 12 months gold converts to something like 4 months Game Pass because of the price difference. I was lucky enough to stack 3 years first, but even so I want to extend it as much as possible. There are often deals for 3 months Game Pass Ultimate 50% off on Amazon, so keep an eye on that. I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate around E3 iirc, so during Black Friday I bought 6 months at 50% off :) That's your only option at the moment. That £1 for Game Pass Ultimate deal is only for new subscribers who haven't had GPU before.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Someone please tell me there’s a level where you go around ruining people’s’ Christmas. 

As the game seems to be set in a small British village, I found it far more enjoyable to pretend all the people I was terrorising were all Brexit voters. It's immensely satisfying. 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, mdn2 said:

As the game seems to be set in a small British village, I found it far more enjoyable to pretend all the people I was terrorising were all Brexit voters. It's immensely satisfying. 

That’s pretty much what I had in mind. 

I've just "bought" the Xcom 2 collection in the weekly sale, using my Microsoft points. Even though it was "free", in looking at the list of games on Game Pass and thinking it was probably a waste...

I’ve just seen that the new app update now allows you to remotely uninstall games as well as install them. Great new feature! 

Microsoft have killed it with the Gamepass, it’s taken away any doubt of which console to choose next gen. Other than the yearly released big hitters like COD and FIFA(if that’s your thing) you’d easily get away with never buying games again :) 

The remote install is a weird one for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Lately I’ve started getting random notifications for games I installed weeks ago to tell me it’s started installing. Well duh. 

12 hours ago, klargon said:

Life is Strange episode 5 hitting sooner than I expected

I wonder if it's not done as well in general. I was near obsessed with the first 2 games but I couldn't get through episode 1 of this one thanks to incredibly unlikable characters and a "Run away from the only interesting thing that happens" plot.