rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Yep, I thought the same at getting one of the best games of the last 10 years included with one of the best deals of the next 10. 

• Upvote 7
  • Empathy 1

10 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

No one expected that surely. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but to casually announce that it's avaialble now on the third of January is massive. 

The only way it could have been topped it is if they had made the Uncharted Trilogy avaialble. That would have been literally 3 of the best games ever made ever, given away for free ;)

Aside from the Uncharted games being complete fucking wank, which they are, you are right. If Microsoft had announced them all being on Game Pass it would have been bigger than GTA5. But they didn't, so it's not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, cultofweaver said:

Aside from the Uncharted games being complete fucking wank, which they are, you are right. If Microsoft had announced them all being on Game Pass it would have been bigger than GTA5. But they didn't, so it's not.

I can explain in further detail if required.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The reference Skull Commander is making is to one of the posts in the PS+ games thread. I thought it was funny, but then I've read the thread.

Having now read that post I also agree it is funny. 

Also the console wars fanboy shit that is starting up is really funny. I really hope Sony announce 9 teraflops GPU and a Killzone sequel so the fanboys lose their shit. It might just be a midlife crisis talking but I might sign up to whatever continuity NeoGAF hive I can and shitlord my way through the summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

The sad reality is Sony could announce the system has 6 teraflops and Knack 3&4 and people would still buy it because the messaging this gen has been so poisonous. MS have got fifteen studios making games in multiple genres Sony won't touch and yet people still laughably claim some incredibly dated uninvolving Poundland Indiana Jones as the best experience you can have.

I've noticed a couple of people on here are starting to realise how stale Sony's first party is becoming and the general take that the content is just the same lazy plodding third party open world cinematic game glossed over with high production values. I think people will continue to defend it as long as the metacritic scores continue as they are and nothing will change.

Just be glad we have options.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 15

6 minutes ago, bear said:

It still seems weird to me that GTA never got a One X or PS4 Pro patch to add 4K support.  

It'll be so they can release GTAV: Super Uber 4K Complete Edition on next gen hardware and watch as the game keeps selling. 

• Upvote 5

Shadow of Tomb Raider is the latest GamePass game to bite the dust. Got a bit past the second village but I really can't be bothered with it anymore, it's just a genuinely dull game. Everything in it has been done better elsewhere and the formula established in 2013 is starting to feel quite dated now.

More than that though, there's just no sense of momentum or escalation. It meanders and plods along through a series of admittedly pretty jungle areas with its usual blend of tame platforming, mild puzzling and collecting everything not nailed down but it's lacking any real sense of drive or purpose. The story is awful and the hub areas so lifeless and boring. It's perfectly playable in a brain-off kind of way but for the past 5 hours or so it's been nagging at me why I'm playing something so unremarkable and old-hat when theres so much else I could be playing instead. 

Also I don't know if it's just me but Lara's behaviour in this one makes me far more uncomfortable than I remember feeling in the first two games. Nothing to do with her being a killing machine but watching the rich white woman descend on a village and taking the opportunity to loot all their treasures and resources feels pretty gross

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This might seem like a stupid question- if you’re on a monthly subscription for Gamepass ultimate and then use one of those amazon 3 month codes, it won’t stop the subscription or anything will it? I’m assuming it’ll just delay the time when the next subscription amount is taken?

Yeah, it’ll just delay it. If it’s just a regular game pass code (rather than ultimate) you’ll get 2 months rather than 3. It’s also usually worth cancelling recurring billing before redeeming a code in case it offers you an extra month free for re-enabling it.

41 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Yeah, it just stacks on top of what you've got.

40 minutes ago, klargon said:

Yeah, it’ll just delay it. If it’s just a regular game pass code (rather than ultimate) you’ll get 2 months rather than 3. It’s also usually worth cancelling recurring billing before redeeming a code in case it offers you an extra month free for re-enabling it.

Thanks!!

Yeah just like cheap shit posts but you'd know that since you've tried your best to ruin a publication for a number of years now.

While Xbox first party Studios are making Flight Simulators, RTS, VS Fighters, Arena Fighters, Metroidvanias, Management Sims, RPG's, Open world Pirate games, Stealth, Arcade Racers, Platformers, OS Run and Gun where's the Sony first party equivalents that are coming?

Last time I checked people were looking forward to:

The Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

with the added expected originality of

God of War 2

Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Spiderman 2

Uncharted 5

Which are all single player third person cinematic fares following a very samey formula.

If I'm wrong in noticing this please post something constructive instead of your usual lazy tripe. I've posted here long enough to know the usual Rllmuk response so an actual post about the subject on how I'm wrong [I'm not] would be a surprise vs the usual people holding their hands over their eyes and humming sounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 28
  • Empathy 1

22 hours ago, cultofweaver said:

Incorrect. Uncharted games are not wank.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Majora said:

watching the rich white woman descend on a village and taking the opportunity to loot all their treasures and resources feels pretty gross

I really need to roll my eyes with this one.  Its the inablity to seperate reality from fantasy.

It reminds me of those upset over the Far Cry 4 cover "depicting a white imperialist subjecting the native ethnic character bound with a grenade in his mouth".  Pagan Min is not white depsite his dyed hair and fancy purple suit.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Revival said:

Yeah just like cheap shit posts but you'd know that since you've tried your best to ruin a publication for a number of years now.

FFS the state of this.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, replicant said:

really need to roll my eyes with this one.  Its the inablity to seperate reality from fantasy

The eye rolling may continue, because this misses the mark. Fantasy is written by people in reality. The world doesn't need yet another white saviour story.

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

The world doesn't need yet another white saviour story.

Laura isn't a saviour, shes a mass murderer.  Would you feel more comfortable if she was Chinese?

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Revival said:

While Xbox first party Studios are making Flight Simulators, RTS, VS Fighters, Arena Fighters, Metroidvanias, Management Sims, RPG's, Open world Pirate games, Stealth, Arcade Racers, Platformers, OS Run and Gun where's the Sony first party equivalents that are coming?nds over their eyes and humming sounds.

Which of these are announced and forthcoming?

Because the only racer I know of from an MS first party studio is Forza, of which 0 games are announced for instance.

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Which of these are announced and forthcoming?

Because the only racer I know of from an MS first party studio is Forza, of which 0 games are announced for instance.

They have said the next forza is at a  playable stage already.