Jump to content
rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 5R7 said:

 

yes, stack it to 36, then convert, it will give you 36 months ultimate.

 

it says somewhere on the faq bit of the ultimate page.

You sure about that? I thought the £1 conversion was from Gold to Ultimate not Game Pass to Ultimate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

You sure about that? I thought the £1 conversion was from Gold to Ultimate not Game Pass to Ultimate?


It converts both. Any months of unused gold and game pass become a month of ultimate when you convert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with those 3-month Gamepass codes from CDKeys, is it best to stack them all up now or can I hold onto the codes for a while? I don't actually have an Xbox yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The codes themselves ought not expire any time soon, so your risk is whether or not Microsoft discontinue the promotion. If you have a decent PC though, you can play a number of the Game Pass games through that while you get around to getting the Xbox.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MS' website is giving me some weird error messages with those 3 month codes. I got one to go on, but then the others I have tried have said "This free trial is for new customers only" or error-ed out.

 

I'll try again later from my Xbone, but fingers crossed I didn't just waste cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t say anything on the CD keys site about single use or new customers only. I’d expect to be able to go back to them with any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

MS' website is giving me some weird error messages with those 3 month codes. I got one to go on, but then the others I have tried have said "This free trial is for new customers only" or error-ed out.


This happened to me. I bought 2 of the 3-month ultimate codes and only one would activate. CDKeys refunded me the other one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just part exchanging my PSVR for an Xbox One X. Is there a free trial for this? I was planning on picking up Gears 5, Halo 5 and Forza 7, but should I just subscribe to this instead? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Just part exchanging my PSVR for an Xbox One X. Is there a free trial for this? I was planning on picking up Gears 5, Halo 5 and Forza 7, but should I just subscribe to this instead? 

YES. YOU GET EVERYTHING.

 

1) Look for cheap Xbox Live Gold codes, cheapest you can find. Stack up to the maximum of three years.

 

2)after entering each code, turn off auto renew. You should get the offer of a free month for turning it back on after entering a code - on console at least. Last time I did it through the website I didn't get it

 

3) done stacking Gold? On your Xbox dash there should be an offer for 1month game pass ultimate for 1 quid. Apply it and it converts your entire current Gold sub to Ultimate (note: you can only do this once. Stack first, Ultimate later or else you're fucked)

 

4) profit (and bask in the knowledge that you also already have all the launch titles for the Series X)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Just part exchanging my PSVR for an Xbox One X. Is there a free trial for this? I was planning on picking up Gears 5, Halo 5 and Forza 7, but should I just subscribe to this instead? 

You don't get Forza 7, but the others you do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gigawatt said:


This happened to me. I bought 2 of the 3-month ultimate codes and only one would activate. CDKeys refunded me the other one. 

 

Yeah, I have 3 that won't activate. What's the protocol here - get a refund and then repurchase, or is my account somehow blocked from stacking these? 

 

I've asked CDKeys for codes that work or a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one and on the screen where you finalise the addition of gpu time, the code was flagged has having been used already. It did work out though, and the time was added, but for a while I thought the code was indeed already redeemed. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

@Mr. Gerbik @mdn2 @Stanshall So I buy three years of Gold, enter all the codes and then convert to Ultimate for £1? And this gives me three years of Ultimate? 

Yes. I did exactly that last year around E3. The key is extending Gold as far as you're willing to afford first. Three years max. THEN do the Ultimate deal, because that's one time only. Crazy deal, biggest bargain in gaming I've ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maxing it out now is the best value overall, but there are various ways to keep extending it for near sod all (eg regular cdkeys deals, converting Microsoft rewards points, free months offered by various other schemes here and there if you keep a keen eye out) so don't worry about it too much past what you're initially able to go for.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Amazing! Think I’ll go for two years as I’m a bit skint, then regret it in 2022.


That’s what I did/will do :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

 

Yeah, I have 3 that won't activate. What's the protocol here - get a refund and then repurchase, or is my account somehow blocked from stacking these? 

 

I've asked CDKeys for codes that work or a refund.


Sorry I should have been cIearer. I didn’t try another one as I assumed it was a Trial that CDKeys weren’t advertising properly. I just left it a while and then when it had nearly run out I bought the standard Game Pass 3 month code that converts to 2 months ultimate. 
 

Follow on question from me - can I still do the stack and convert thing from Gold to Ultimate if I already have an active Ultimate membership? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gigawatt said:


Sorry I should have been cIearer. I didn’t try another one as I assumed it was a Trial that CDKeys weren’t advertising properly. I just left it a while and then when it had nearly run out I bought the standard Game Pass 3 month code that converts to 2 months ultimate. 
 

Follow on question from me - can I still do the stack and convert thing from Gold to Ultimate if I already have an active Ultimate membership? 


no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

Follow on question from me - can I still do the stack and convert thing from Gold to Ultimate if I already have an active Ultimate membership? 

Yes, any Gold subs added will convert to 2/3 their value and stack on to the end of your current Ultimate.

 

eg 3 months Gold will become 2 months Ultimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to confirm this is the correct course of action:

 

- Buy some of these 12-month Live Gold codes. These EU ones will be fine for a UK account, right?

- Enter code, turn off auto renew, then turn back on for an extra month. Repeat as necessary.

- When finished, use the 1 quid deal to upgrade everything to ultimate. Is it a quid to upgrade the entire duration of the sub or a quid for each month you want to upgrade?

 

I ended up buying a second hand One S to keep me busy until the Series X appears. It was only sixty quid so couldn't say no, really.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Yes, any Gold subs added will convert to 2/3 their value and stack on to the end of your current Ultimate.

 

eg 3 months Gold will become 2 months Ultimate.

12 months Gold converts to 4 months ultimate due to the price difference. 3 months game pass converts to 2 months game pass ultimate. I don't know what 3 months gold converts to, but 2 seems like way too optimistic.

2 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Just want to confirm this is the correct course of action:

 

- Buy some of these 12-month Live Gold codes. These EU ones will be fine for a UK account, right?

- Enter code, turn off auto renew, then turn back on for an extra month. Repeat as necessary.

- When finished, use the 1 quid deal to upgrade everything to ultimate. Is it a quid to upgrade the entire duration of the sub or a quid for each month you want to upgrade?

 

I ended up buying a second hand One S to keep me busy until the Series X appears. It was only sixty quid so couldn't say no, really.

 

 

Yes that's correct. 1 quid to convert everything. Crazy, I know. Feels like you're getting away with something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

12 months Gold converts to 4 months ultimate due to the price difference. 3 months game pass converts to 2 months game pass ultimate. I don't know what 3 months gold converts to, but 2 seems like way too optimistic.

Yes that's correct. 1 quid to convert everything. Crazy, I know. Feels like you're getting away with something.

 

I believe that gold converts 3:1 for 12 months (4months) and 3 months (1 month). Using game pass to convert at 3:2 is the better option for adding to an existing sub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.