Xbox Game Pass

8 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Updated leaving soon list

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 
  • Lichtspeer Double Speer Edition 
  • Shenmue I
  • Shenmue II 
  • Thimbleweed Park 

Deus Ex was on my list. Is it worth a last minute dash at it?

Remember you get a discount if you buy it while it's still on Gamepass. And it's brilliant so yes do it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Deus Ex was on my list. Is it worth a last minute dash at it?

I probably only get stuck into 20% of games that I start (there's so much choice these days and time is tight so if something doesn't bite sharpish I'll happily move onto something else that takes my fancy) and even then probably only finish a handful of those but seeing as Deus Ex was one that I did my call would be a resounding yes. Cracking game IMO. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Pikuniku is great. Totally off the wall. 

Glad to see this on GP, it is really lovely and massively overlooked.

I had one mad weekend of Train Sim World a few months ago and fell down the rabbit hole. Woke up on Monday morning and was like what the fuck just happened and never played it again. It's great but a total life burner. Approach with caution. 

Disappointed they nerfed the Rewards points in the GamePass app so badly this month.

Last month was great, they hit exactly the right point to make it worth chasing the quests even on games I hadn't been planning to play, and the net result was that I spent more time playing GamePass and checked out a bunch of games I otherwise wouldn't have looked at.

This month... meh. Quests are worth a third or less of what they were last month and I can get loads more points each day just by filling out those tedious Bing quizzes on the MS Rewards page. So I'm doing that now. Shame, they had the beginnings of a really good system there but I guess they perceived they were giving too much away.

They've actually improved the points value of many of the quests now. Daily quests are still only worth 5 points and some of the other quests are still a bit lower than they were but the monthly game quests are all back up to 75, completionist is back up to 1000 and the weekly game quests are up to 50 (I think this is down from 75 last month though).

I guess they have to strike a balance but the initial nerf just made it all not worthwhile to even bother. What they have now looks a bit more realistic.

Ah, so they have. Thanks. I wasn't aware they'd readjusted some of them already, I just saw them on day one, rolled my eyes and haven't opened the GamePass app since :)

• Upvote 1

Train Sim World.  The kind of thing that you can lose hours in.

Except, it is bugged to absolute fuckery.  The controls simply stop working. It took three reload attempts before it would recognise A + left stick, which is a bit important when it's the very first thing you do,

• Upvote 1

I can't even get it to install, and I'd quite like to try it. Same for Mother Russia Bleeds. Not sure how I can fix it and it's a bit frustrating.

Unfortunately life has transpired and I have yet to be able to start Deus Ex. Given that (I think) it leaves GP in 8 days I think the chance of me getting through it is slim so I may buy a copy at a later date and play Ori instead. Irritating as it was one of my main GP games to try, I wish they would give a bit more lead time before removing a game as I would have made it a higher priority.

13 hours ago, Plissken said:

Train Sim World.  The kind of thing that you can lose hours in.

Except, it is bugged to absolute fuckery.  The controls simply stop working. It took three reload attempts before it would recognise A + left stick, which is a bit important when it's the very first thing you do,

Yeah, it doesn't help because you guys don't have it but of the two on the PC, TSW is the one we don't play.

55 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Unfortunately life has transpired and I have yet to be able to start Deus Ex. Given that (I think) it leaves GP in 8 days I think the chance of me getting through it is slim so I may buy a copy at a later date and play Ori instead. Irritating as it was one of my main GP games to try, I wish they would give a bit more lead time before removing a game as I would have made it a higher priority.

It’s been about 3 quid in CEX for years!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paulando said:

It’s been about 3 quid in CEX for years!

Nice, I hadn't checked to be honest but the Xbox store was like £25. At that price I'll definitely get back to it another time.

3 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Nice, I hadn't checked to be honest but the Xbox store was like £25. At that price I'll definitely get back to it another time.

It's been something like 8 quid frequently in digital sales.

I just found out that Panzer Dragoon Orta is on Game Pass, as I happened to notice it when scrolling through the stuff I have access to in my game library.

Why isn't it in the 'Show All' section of the main Game Pass app?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

I just found out that Panzer Dragoon Orta is on Game Pass, as I happened to notice it when scrolling through the stuff I have access to in my game library.

Why isn't it in the 'Show All' section of the main Game Pass app?

US only I believe

Weird, my account is UK but it let me download it. 

Hopefully it'll let me play it.

8 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Weird, my account is UK but it let me download it. 

Hopefully it'll let me play it.

Wasn't it Games with Gold at some point?

I don't know, but until very recently I hadn't had a Gold sub since about 2012. It was in the Game Pass section of My Games & Apps, anyway.

Edit: Was able to play it. :omg:

Gave Shadow Warrior 2 a go but didn't get on with it. Another game fouling up my games list with 0 achievements thanks to Gamepass, not good for my OCD!

Did give Pikuniku a go, seems a nice colourful platform/puzzler. I love the little red blob, especially it's funky legs.

Put a few hours into Pikuniku this evening, it’s really quite fab and not something I would have got if not for Game Pass <3

On 13/03/2020 at 19:47, PyramidFace said:

You can delete games with zero achievements from your play history.

The option I get is to "hide" them, which looks like it only removes them from your friends lists.