rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Is Ace Combat 7 approachable for folks who never ever play flying games, sim or combat or otherwise?

Is the Surge 2 as hard as the first one (I'm rubbish at games), which I had to abandon?

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

Yeah it's basically Musuo with planes

Sold! 'Musou' is all I needed to hear :D

31 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Is the Surge 2 as hard as the first one (I'm rubbish at games), which I had to abandon?

It might be. I think it depends on your experience with Souls-likes.

53 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Yeah it's basically Musuo with planes

Really? I’m sure I remember hearing that Ace Combat 7 is pretty hard and some missions are 10 mins+ and death/failure means restarting the whole thing. Not to say it’s bad (they really liked it) but yeah, I think it’s quite tough. 

I heard it was a bit difficult too, but it's not a hardcore flight sim, it's an arcadey series where everything from a stealth bomber to an A-10 Warthog shoots down more planes in a single mission than most countries have in their arsenal while an orchestra goes mental.

• Upvote 2

On 19/03/2020 at 09:44, Dudley said:

I seem to remember @super_quincy not liking Ace Combat 7 because it wasn't like the other Aces Combat.

Maybe he'll see this and tell me if I'm mad.

Nah that was AC : Assault Horizons 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

That should be plenty of time to finish Vampyr though.

Is it fairly short then?

EDIT: how long to beat says 16hours for the main story. Due to my shitness and slay the spire/pokemon go addiction, that seems completely unachievable before the end of the month. I do try and complete at least one of the "leaving soon" games each fortnight but I think i'll pass this time. The only games that I don't own elsewhere are vampyr, operencia and golf club 2. I've played enough of operencia and shelved it, so it's only vampyr on the list.

On 19/03/2020 at 11:21, moosegrinder said:

Do you want sci fi dark souls or aeriel combat?

Well, in the end I wanted to see what Surge 2 looked like before taking to the skies and long story short I'm still playing Surge 2 :) After Sekiro I thought I was done with Souls likes for at least a few years, that game traumatized me. But so far (still at the start because going through lockdown with a toddler means zero time for anything else) it's really easy thank god. Compared to Sekiro of course. It will most likely get harder and then I might drop it because I'm not in the mood for difficult games right now, but so far so good. A really enjoyable one of those. I keep forgetting I have a drone.

• Upvote 1

Oh aye it's not bastard hard. If you're well versed in Dark Souls it'll come fairly easy bit it's a good amount of fun at the very least.

• Upvote 1

Loving Ace Combat. Flying up into that blue open sky and swooping down to the turquoise sea and along the lovely beaches is just what I need to forget about being stuck at home.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the beginning at least seems easier than any of the main Souls and Demon's. But of course I say that after years and years of playing Souls. Edit: talking about Surge 2 of course.

On 19/03/2020 at 10:42, Mr. Gerbik said:

Is Ace Combat 7 approachable for folks who never ever play flying games, sim or combat or otherwise?

Yes.

I want to play Surge 2, but I'm halfway through the first game having not given up on it, but can't be bothered to finish it. Is the second game worthwhile without finishing the first game?

I found the second to have better gameplay (I still liked the first), but a much worse setting. I think they expanded upon the world and lore in all the wrong ways and just found the characters and locations to be really drab, despite my initial excitement at exploring the city. It plays really well but imo don’t expect much else. 

Wow, Ace Combat is dull isn’t it? I was looking forward to playing it too.

If you're missing family etc can I recommend the Jackbox Party Pack.

You can stream it on twitch or mixer natively from the xbox and people anywhere you send the link can play on their phone, tablet or laptop.

It's a quiz show / Card against humanity of sorts with stuff like "Replace humorously the subtitle in this movie". You give answer secretly and then people see them all and vote on their favourite secretly too.

A way to have a game night without anyone having to unisolate and it's free for those of us with GP.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

You can stream it on twitch or mixer natively from the xbox and people anywhere you send the link can play on their phone, tablet or laptop.

It's a quiz show / Card against humanity of sorts with stuff like "Replace humorously the subtitle in this movie". You give answer secretly and then people see them all and vote on their favourite secretly too.

A way to have a game night without anyone having to unisolate and it's free for those of us with GP.

What's the max number of people that can play the game?

6 active in any one game, up to 10000 in the audience that can join in voting.

45 minutes ago, Dudley said:

6 active in any one game, up to 10000 in the audience that can join in voting.

Cool. Thinking of maybe using it for work while we're all working from home as a distraction here and there.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dudley said:

So just to clarify: streaming the game on Twitch allows the other players in your family in different houses to follow the game, and then they're playing on their phones via the link you send them? So both bits of this are necessary in order to properly play the game when people aren't in the same room? (I've only played JPP3 with everyone in the same room before now.)

And then presumably you chat via WhatsApp/Skype/Zoom/Disccord etc?

Yeah, or text chat on Twitch.

But you're right, it proceeds in a gameshow fashion on the tv and you answer on the other device (or a different tab on the PC) so you need some way of people seeing the TV.  Xbox's native streaming is the easiest by far.

• Upvote 1

Anyone played and got anything to say about Operencia The Stolen Sun?

Only noticed it (and had never heard of it before) when I saw a list of "leaving soon" titles and it looks pretty good. 

Much like many others I've got a good few hours a day free atm, do I stand a chance of getting if polished off by the 31st if I get stuck into it?? 

Quick question.

If I buy 12 months Gold can I then do the Game Pass Ultimate first month for £1 at which point the remaining 11 months on the Gold sub are also turned into Game Pass Ultimate?

Want to check before I buy the wrong thing.

Thanks.